Suffering from a condition that forced you to undergo surgery and coming out with a stoma on your stomach is a life-changing situation. And if that is not already hard enough, dealing with a complication from this status will make you go from worse to worst. To be able to cope, you need all the information you can get and learn how to manage your Convatec colostomy properly so you don’t have to suffer even more. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on with your life as you previously did.
First thing you need to do is learn about the complications that you can acquire if problems arise regarding your colostomy. Here are some of it.
- Parastomal hernia
- Stoma trauma
- Mucocutaeneous separation
- Stoma necrosis
- Stoma prolapse
- Stoma retraction
- Stoma stenosis
These complications can be very serious and would require urgent medical attention. Be sure to steer clear from them and manage your colostomy well if you don’t want to come face to face with a Welch Allyn 60813 for another operation.
- You need to identify the right type of colostomy bag for your stoma and know when and how to change it. Empty the bag to remove waste regularly. It would be better if you stick to a routine of changing and cleaning it.
- Avoid heavy lifting and support your abdomen when sneezing or coughing after your operation. You should be able to get back to your usual activities and fully recover after at least 3 months.
- Be careful with your diet especially if you are in public. Some food can cause a smelly feces and you would not want to deal with it in a place with lots of people. You can make use of charcoal filters of pouch deodorizers, though.
- Don’t irritate the skin around your stoma. Keep it clean and dry especially when changing the bag. You can use protective creams to prevent skin complications.
It is common to struggle with handling your colostomy at first. After all, you are not familiar with it yet. You can always use Top Care adult diapers to prevent leakage until you get things under control.
Have all the supplies you need to manage your stoma properly. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies to get them. You can get your colostomy bags, diapers, and even an Omron Stimulator if you need it.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. They ensure stress-free transactions and safe delivery of your items in the soonest time possible. Check them out now.
Every medical personnel knows what mechanical ventilation is and the tools and devices used to successfully deliver it. And this knowledge is essential if you plan on entering the medical field. CPR, the Ambu bag and the Welch Allyn 60813 are just some necessary items that you have to learn about and know how to use in order to deliver quality health care to those who need it.
And in this article, you will be learning about mechanical ventilation and how the Welch Allyn laryngoscope is used in this process.
Mechanical ventilation is the process of providing air and the much needed oxygen into the body through artificial means when a person’s respiratory system fails to do so. The causes of such a condition can be ventilatory in nature, which includes chest wall abnormalities, or hypoxic, such as the case of ventilation-perfusion mismatch.
No matter the cause, it is crucial that ventilation is started immediately so the brain is not deprived of oxygen and cause serious health consequences. This process has the goals of:
- Relieving respiratory distress
- Improve pulmonary gas exchange
- Reverse respiratory muscle fatigue
- Permit lung healing
And in achieving this, the mechanical ventilator, which is the machine used to deliver oxygen into the lungs, should be attached to the endotracheal tube or ET. This small tube connects internally to the lungs and externally to the machine.
Of course, manual ventilation using the Ambu bag can also be done but it is very exhausting on the part of the one bagging. Furthermore, delivering oxygen can be insufficient or too much pressure can be placed on the lungs if bagging is not properly done. But this process is much cheaper compared to using a ventilator, considering the Ambu bag cost as compared to the machine.
And when manual ventilation is used, the bag should be attached to oxygen and owgels used.
Now, the Welch Allyn laryngoscope is what doctors use to insert the ET and properly put it in place before attaching it to the ventilator. This process is called intubation and needs expert skills and experience to be able to succeed.
- The patient should be positioned with his head tilted to provide the straightest path to see the larynx and pass the tube.
- Open the patient’s mouth as wide as possible and insert the laryngoscope’s blade into the mouth slightly to the right of the tongue.
- Then rotate the blade back and lift upward and away.
- When you see the larynx, pass the ET in one smooth motion.
After the procedure, always verify placement of the tube. Listen for presence and equal breath sounds using the best stethoscope. Check the Littman Stethoscope Classic III price and use this excellent device in your medical career.
Now that you know what the Welch Allyn and mechanical ventilation is, be prepared for your medical journey with the best supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies.
Why Having Your Own Supplies such as the Lab Gown and Vital Signs Monitoring Devices in the Medical Field Matters Greatly
As a medical practitioner, whether you are a doctor, a nurse or any other medical staff, not bringing your own items such as your lab gown in the field can be such a nuisance. Everyone knows how hectic it can be in a medical setting. Emergency situations are expected at every second, demanding patients and folks are at every corner, and attending physicians and other higher ups can appear at the most unexpected times. This is especially stressful for interns and residents who need to be at their very best all the time.
But when such cases happen, you can get quite nervous and everyone panics. Thus, the struggle for finding medical devices and supplies presents itself. And this is when you will realize all the advantages of having your very own medical supplies has.
- While others rush to grab the available supplies and devices around, you calmly get your own things to do your tasks.
- You don’t have to worry about being left with the defective and lacking materials, sometimes being left with nothing to use at all.
- There will be no reason for you to borrow other people’s things and end up losing them.
Of course, you need to invest in the best supplies and devices to make your journey through your medical career the best that it can be. You can find out the Littmann stethoscope classic III price at Philippine Medical Supplies now.
You don’t need to carry bedridden patient supplies all the time, unless you are in the geriatric department, but having your own vital signs monitoring devices is important and that’s what you need to invest in.
Moreover, emergency devices such as the Ambu bag and Welch Allyn 60813, should always be available in the emergency cart, and won’t require you to have it on your person during your working hours. Having the most frequently used and common supplies and devices are what would matter. And that is what you have to search for and invest on.
Fortunately, all these things are available at Philippine Medical Supplies and can be delivered right at your doorstep. Check these supplies and their prices, which are quite affordable, right now and visit Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top medical supplier.
Medical supplies and equipment are a very important part of procedure in any health care facility and even in homes, which is why it is important these things get cleaned and sterilized well with a portable autoclave machine or any other way before being used. Improper cleaning of these medical devices can lead to harm, instead of the good.
Now, let us learn the ways of cleaning and sterilizing equipments with different methods, such as using the Cidex solution, so that it provides its purpose and not the other way around.
Cleaning Medical Equipment and Devices
There are many ways of cleaning medical supplies so that they achieve a level of cleanliness that is best for usage in the medical and other settings that can impact our health. But there are other items, such as those used in surgeries whether minor or major procedures, that warrants a material to be sterilized before using again. An example of these medical devices that need proper cleaning would be the Welch Allyn 60813.
Let us now learn the ways of keeping our medical items clean and ready to use.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning. From its name, it uses ultrasound and a cleaning solvent to clean items. The items need to be manually cleaned first and then placed on the cleaner, being completely submerged in the solvent, and cleaned for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Automatic Washer Sterilizers. These are modified steam sterilizers that should be followed according to manufacturer’s instructions to achieve proper cleaning and sterilization. But you need to make sure the instruments are lubricated after last rinse cycle and before sterilization cycle.
- Autoclaving. Whether you use a portable autoclave machine or a standard one, you can autoclave instruments one by one or in groups. This machine usually utilizes steam sterilization for cleaning. It is important that you do not overload the machine because steam cannot penetrate and properly sterilize items if this happens.
- Cold Sterilization. This process makes instruments sterile only after a 10-hour immersion. It is used if disinfection is needed rather than sterilization, just like for the single test tube holder and such items.
These methods can be used for different medical instruments and equipment. You need to be aware on what process is best for the items you need to clean.
Many cleaning agents and sterilization machines are available today for using even at home. If you need such things, you can just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and search for it. You can then expect a hassle-free transaction and smooth delivery right at your doorstep. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The Ambu bag cost in the Philippines is widely researched because of its importance in emergency cases. Not only is it used in the hospital setting or in medical centers, but also in homes, schools and offices.
Since emergencies cannot be predicted and more and more people are having breathing problems, it is only understandable that you should have an Ambu bag on hand. You will never know when you will face an emergency where you need to resuscitate someone.
And so, knowing about the Ambu bag is essential in this age.
All About The Ambu Bag
Although the Ambu bag is not known to everyone, most people know its importance in cases of medical emergencies, especially when you or a family member have been admitted in the hospital setting. This tool, which is a squeezable bag with a face mask, is known to help people breathe.
If you ever had a patient who needed resuscitation in the hospital setting, you may have been exposed to the Welch Allyn 60813. This is a laryngoscope that is used to attach a tube to a patient’s trachea to facilitate breathing by squeezing air into the lungs. The tube is then connected to the Ambu bag for manual breathing or attached to a ventilator.
Having an oxygen and owgels available is a plus.
The Ambu bag can definitely save a life since it helps in the vital task of breathing.
However, proper use of this device should be known in order to get the expected benefit.
- You need to position the patient properly.
- An appropriately-size mask is essential to deliver the right amount of air.
- The mask should be sealed to the patient’s face.
- Ventilate the patient immediately.
With this knowledge, you can help save someone whose breathing has been compromised.
You do need to clean the Ambu bag very well and use a portable autoclave machine for the device as it is needed to effectively sterilize it. The Ambu bag costs from Php 2,200 on Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier which offers quality materials at the right prices. Visit their website today to know more about their company and the products available at their website.
Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Emergency cases would definitely include one where the patient is having difficulty of breathing, and, in this case, the most effective treatment would be administering oxygen with owgels. Breathing difficulties cut down a person’s chances of survival, especially when in conjunction with other health conditions. This is why the first thing you do in emergency cases is make sure that the patient is breathing.
A standby oxygen along with emergency supplies is recommended in emergency medical settings. Even at home, emergency items such as a first aid kit is advised to always be within easy reach.
So, what do you do during these kinds of emergencies?
First Aid for Breathing Difficulties
Breathing difficulties range from having shortness of breath, being unable to take a deep breath and gasping for air, and feeling like you are not getting enough air. These conditions are almost always a medical emergency and would warrant having a resuscitator at hand. Find out how much an ambu bag cost now.
This emergency can be the cause of different conditions.
- Blood clot in the lungs
- Emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Pneumothorax or a collapsed lung
- Heart attack or heart failure
- Injury to the neck, chest wall or lungs
- Anaphylaxis reaction
- Near drowning
If you see a person with bluish lips, fingers and fingernails, immediately assess his condition, especially the breath sounds, with the use of a stethoscope (find out about the Littmann stethoscope classic III price now), and call 911 or your local emergency number.
Here’s what you should do next:
- Check the patient’s airway, breathing and pulse. Do CPR if breathing and pulse is absent.
- Loosen any tight clothing and monitor the patient’s breathing and pulse until help arrives.
- If necessary, help the patient take any prescribed medication for breathing problems.
- If you see any open wound in the neck and chest, close them up immediately.
- If oxygen is available, administer it until the medical team arrives.
Be alert and rational during emergencies, especially of this kind. If you have any knowledge about medical supplies like the ambu bag or the Welch Allyn 60813, be ready to help in case the emergency team needs it.
Find out more about these medical supplies and how much they cost at Philippine Medical Supplies now. Having knowledge about them gives you great advantage during emergencies. And it would be a plus if you have them on hand. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
There are reports about certain health care facilities that are known to lack the proper knowledge and supplies of emergency medical equipment such as the Welch Allyn 60813 laryngoscope and those needed to establish an emergency airway. And these reports have placed a huge strain on medical facilities.
Positively, it has led to proper education of medical staff and personnel as well as appropriate stocking of supplies and equipment. Because when you lack these items in an emergency setting, it will, indeed cost lives instead of helping patients get out of their medical misery.
Now, here are some information about emergency medical supplies that you will need, especially if you work in a medical facility.
Emergency Medical Supplies and Equipment
- Vital signs monitoring devices – these devices are essential in monitoring the functions of the different body systems which gives the medical practitioner information about the status of a patient. These include the thermometer, stethoscope and a blood pressure apparatus.
- Oxygen tank, owgels and mask – being able to provide oxygen to a patient who’s experiencing difficulty of breathing will help relieve problems and prolong life.
- Nebulizer – just like the oxygen, a nebulizer is important in persons with breathing problems such as asthma. Without this device, a patient can suffer from lack of oxygen for prolonged periods, which has dangerous consequences.
- Glucometer – blood sugar problems can cause life-threatening effects, and this makes having a glucometer on hand quite important since it gives results in a matter of seconds.
- Ambu bag – emergency situations with an unconscious and not breathing patient will require mechanical breathing that is possible with the use of an Ambu bag.
- Laryngoscope – if breathing is not restored in a patient after manual resuscitation, establishing airway with the use of a Welch Allyn 60813 and a ventilator is necessary.
- Epinephrine and Atropine – these drugs are used during cardiac arrest, which is a definite emergency case.
This list of emergency supplies and devices is not complete, but having knowledge about them can definitely save someone in an emergency scenario.
Even in the home setting, some of these can be utilized if you have the necessary skills to use it. You can monitor your vital signs regularly and go for a check up if something indicates a problem. If you need to know the Littmann Stethoscope Classic III price, just head on over to Philippine Medical Supplies and you’ll get all the information you need..
For the Ambu Bag cost and other supplies information, you can also inquire at Philippine Medical Supplies.
Your leading medical supplier is now online and can deliver your medical needs right to your doorstep, stress-free. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Cidex solution has been one of the most trusted sterilizing agents in the medical field. It is frequently used for cleaning and sterilizing medical tools especially those used in the operating room. And medical personnel, whether you’re a doctor, nurse or hospital staff, have the proper knowledge on the use of this chemical disinfectant. More so if you’re a student looking to work in hospitals and the like.
Cidex is a high level disinfectant for immersible items. It is necessary for the item to be disinfected to come in full contact with the Cidex solution, not leaving any surface of the item unsubmerged in it.
Containing 2.4% glutaraldehyde, which is a colorless liquid with pungent odor, Cidex is one of the most trusted disinfectant in hospitals and clinics because of its characteristics.
- It achieves high level disinfection in 20 minutes at 20°C making it highly effective.
- It is a long lasting solution which is reusable for up to 14 days and can be monitored with Cidex Solution Test Strips.
- It is compatible with and can be used on a wide range of instruments including the Welch Allyn 60813.
Cidex can safely and effectively disinfect different instruments, including those made of aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel and plastics. And is highly effective against bacteria, mycobacteria, fungi and viruses.
Proper Sterilization Process
There are many disinfecting solutions used in medical institutions for the safety of patients, medical practitioners and staff. Proper disinfection and sterilization, not only of medical equipment and tools but also of patients’ rooms and certain areas of the hospital are required to be able to fully provide the effective and appropriate treatment that clients deserve.
To completely eradicate bacteria and other disease causing organisms, proper disinfection with Cidex and a portable autoclave machine is essential. Then, strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the solution’s label.
- Clean the items to be sterilized before sterilizing to ensure effectiveness.
- The recommended soaking time is within 10-45 minutes.
- Completely immerse the items to be disinfected in the solution.
- Rinse the equipment in sterile water after soaking in Cidex and protect from re-contamination until used.
Prior to the sterilization process, safety of the personnel should be observed. Personal safety or protective equipment must be worn at all times. This will include a lab gown, rubber gloves, eye shields and a face mask.
We should always be armed with adequate knowledge when handling chemical products. And to ensure safety, only use products from trusted companies.
Find the best disinfectants and other medical supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies and be assured of a hassle-free transaction and quality items. Check them out now.
Going into the field of nursing requires determination and passion for caring and medicine as well as the
essential supplies you will need for this profession, like a lab gown and vitals equipment. Nursing may
be stressful, with a lot of health hazards and emotional demands, but it can be quite rewarding,
The Nursing Student Life
The nursing profession, just like other fields that handle human life, needs a “calling” to pursue and
complete education so you can move on to the professional ground and put what you learned into
action. But you will still need that “calling” and passion for longevity in this career.
You don’t just choose nursing “just because…” You need to be completely aware of what you’re getting
into, with your heart, mind and soul agreeing with your decision. Because nursing life is quite
demanding, from your student days with all the information overload and keeping up with the not so
cheap personal medical supplies, up to your professional undertaking. Who knows how the Littman
stethoscope classic III price is now? But you can’t blame students for wanting the best supplies. These
somehow give them the confidence to go through the hard ordeals of nursing life.
Imagine these scenes:
Catching up with projects and deadlines plus studying for exams and practical tests.
Preparing yourself and complete supplies for the clinical exposure.
An angry physician during your clinical duty along with an irritable patient and a demanding
An emergency situation where you can only stand still and get yelled at.
If all these scenarios happen in a length of one week during your student days, will you continue on with
your nursing dreams? If you’re determined, of course you would. If being a nurse is really for you,
nothing can dissuade you from it.
Fortunately, having medical stuff for your nursing education such as the Omron stimulator which you
can use on yourself are some perks of this life. If you know about the electric massager Philippines that
some patients love, you’ll love it too.
So hold out for as long as you can. Be strong and determined in the road to your nursing profession and
reap the rewards when you wear that white uniform.
For now, find the best supplies you can use and learn from at Philippine Medical Supplies. Don’t add to
your stress by looking elsewhere. With just a click, your needed supplies will be delivered at your
doorstep. Do check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.