Emergency cases would definitely include one where the patient is having difficulty of breathing, and, in this case, the most effective treatment would be administering oxygen with owgels. Breathing difficulties cut down a person’s chances of survival, especially when in conjunction with other health conditions. This is why the first thing you do in emergency cases is make sure that the patient is breathing.
A standby oxygen along with emergency supplies is recommended in emergency medical settings. Even at home, emergency items such as a first aid kit is advised to always be within easy reach.
So, what do you do during these kinds of emergencies?
First Aid for Breathing Difficulties
Breathing difficulties range from having shortness of breath, being unable to take a deep breath and gasping for air, and feeling like you are not getting enough air. These conditions are almost always a medical emergency and would warrant having a resuscitator at hand. Find out how much an ambu bag cost now.
This emergency can be the cause of different conditions.
- Blood clot in the lungs
- Emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Pneumothorax or a collapsed lung
- Heart attack or heart failure
- Injury to the neck, chest wall or lungs
- Anaphylaxis reaction
- Near drowning
If you see a person with bluish lips, fingers and fingernails, immediately assess his condition, especially the breath sounds, with the use of a stethoscope (find out about the Littmann stethoscope classic III price now), and call 911 or your local emergency number.
Here’s what you should do next:
- Check the patient’s airway, breathing and pulse. Do CPR if breathing and pulse is absent.
- Loosen any tight clothing and monitor the patient’s breathing and pulse until help arrives.
- If necessary, help the patient take any prescribed medication for breathing problems.
- If you see any open wound in the neck and chest, close them up immediately.
- If oxygen is available, administer it until the medical team arrives.
Be alert and rational during emergencies, especially of this kind. If you have any knowledge about medical supplies like the ambu bag or the Welch Allyn 60813, be ready to help in case the emergency team needs it.
Find out more about these medical supplies and how much they cost at Philippine Medical Supplies now. Having knowledge about them gives you great advantage during emergencies. And it would be a plus if you have them on hand. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.