Hydrogen peroxide is a well-known antiseptic in the Philippines which people use to treat wounds and other skin conditions just by applying it directly on the affected area. While this has been the usual and commonly accepted practice done by non-medical people, proper knowledge about this substance should be known in order to avoid negative consequences. And when you learn more about it, you will start looking where to buy hydrogen peroxide Philippines and have a bottle of it at home.
All About Hydrogen Peroxide
What common folks know about hydrogen peroxide, or Rhea hydrogen peroxide as the top brand, is that it is an antiseptic used to clean wounds, cuts and other injury to the skin. While this is usually true, there are important considerations that people need to know in order to use this substance effectively and safely and to avoid harmful effects.
- Uses of hydrogen peroxide
– mild antiseptic used to prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
– may also be used as a mouth rinse to help remove mucus.
– or used to relieve minor mouth irritation such as cold sores.
Hydrogen peroxide works by releasing oxygen which causes foaming, thereby removing dead skin and cleansing the affected area.
- How to use hydrogen peroxide:
– on the skin: clean the area before using, then apply a small amount of product 1 to 3 times daily. Let the area dry before applying a bandage.
– as a mouth rinse: mix with an equal amount of water then swish around the mouth over the affected area for at least 1 minute and spit out.
- Precautions in using hydrogen peroxide:
– do not use to treat deep wounds, animal bites or burns.
– do not use in or near the eyes, or on large areas of skin.
– never swallow the substance.
– if any reaction apart from expected ones appear, consult your doctor.
Now, if you are asking where to buy hydrogen peroxide in the Philippines, the answer is Philippine Medical Supplies. You don’t have to go out and search stores and pharmacies for this useful item but simply open Philippine Medical Supplies on your browser and effortlessly order what you need. You will have your orders then delivered safely and in the best time, completing a smooth transaction.
Not only will you find your needed hydrogen peroxide at Philippine Medical Supplies but many more medical items that you will come to need at any time. Check out their website now and you may just find what you are looking for.
There are so many methods that you can use to sterilize things. One of these is boiling, which is quite effective for home use. However, in the medical setting, proper and effective sterilization is required for tools to deliver their purpose and prevent further injury to those needing their help, especially when it comes to infection. And one way to achieve full sterilization, and is a quite common method in hospitals, is by using the autoclave machine.
If you are not involved in the medical industry, you may not have heard of autoclaving. But if you are, you may be fully aware of this process.
Heads up and let us learn about autoclave sterilization so we can understand this process better, whether you are a part of the hospital team or not.
The Process of Autoclaving
An autoclave machine was brought into existence in 1879 when a need for a more reliable sterilization method than open flaming was acknowledged. After its invention, it became an essential part of every medical facility.
The autoclave machine is used to sterilize solids, liquids, hollows and any instrument in varying sizes and shapes, usually surgical instruments and laboratory equipment. Its mechanism of action is similar to that of the pressure cooker.
The sterilizing agent in autoclaving is steam. It uses its power, which is above boiling point, to kill bacteria and other substances that are resistant to boiling water. The optimal composition of steam int he autoclave machine is 3% liquid and 97% gas, and any change in this can alter the sterilization time.
There is a smaller kind of autoclave machine that looks much like the microwave oven and is commonly used in clinics, while the much bigger machine can be found in the central sterile department of hospitals and can sterilize numerous items in one cycle.
Knowing about the autoclave machine and its effectiveness in sterilizing important medical supplies will make you search for the best autoclave for sale Philippines.
Now, if you are indeed looking for the best autoclave price Philippines and get one for a hospital or a medical setting, Philippine Medical Supplies is the perfect place to look.
The nation’s top medical supplier will provide all the essentials you are looking for to complete the requirements in any medical facility it is needed. Expect hassle-free transaction and fast deliver when you make your purchase at Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.
You don’t need to work in the medical field to have knowledge about intravenous therapy and learn about it. Even housewives and students will find it to their advantage to be aware about this medical treatment as well as the materials needed to properly start it like the macroset IV kit and the IV fluids that the body needs. This knowledge can save a life. And it can be your family members and loved ones that you can save.
First up, let us learn what IV therapy is and why some people need it.
- IV therapy is the administration of fluid called a solution directly into a vein for therapeutic treatment of certain health conditions.
- Its main purposes are to provide fluids to the body to keep it hydrated and replace fluid and electrolyte loss, to administer drugs such as antibiotics over a period of time, and to administer blood products when blood loss is suffered.
- Starting an IV line requires an IV needle which varies in size depending on the patient’s vein and the purpose of the therapy. When the vein is inserted properly, a dextrose hose is attached to either a micro or macroset which is then connected to the IV solution.
Now, here are the most common IV solutions that you should take note of so you know which ones to use in emergencies.
- 9% Normal Saline or Plain NSS Dextrose– most common, works for hydration in cases of vomiting, diarrhea and hemorrhage. It is the only IV fluid that is compatible with blood products. It should be used with caution in patients cardiac or renal problems.
- Lactated Ringers or LR – it contains sodium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, and sodium lactate in sterile water. It is like the body’s plasma or serum and is often used for burn patients and those suffering from hypovolemia. It should be avoided in cases of liver disease.
- 5% Dextrose in Water – it contains glucose, which is utilized by the cells for energy, and leaves water in the body. It is often used in diabetic patients who are not allowed to eat or drink. However, it can lead to fluid overload so it should be avoid in cardiac and renal problems as well as increased intracranial pressure.
These are three of the most common IV fluids around, and some that you should know about so you can properly administer them even without medical personnel around. Your quick judgement and intervention can save a life. So be sure you get your supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies ready!
Breathing is a crucial ability of the human body that is needed to survive. When someone experiences difficulty in breathing, he undergoes inefficient gas exchange within the body which causes so many negative consequences. More often than not, this condition leads to coma or even death if not treated. Because of this, immediate intervention should be done. And one of the best ways to address this problem is to supply the oxygen that the body needs. This is where Owgels come in.
Oxygen therapy is the most common and effective way of addressing problems with breathing. And people should know that if one of their family members have a history of any condition where breathing becomes impaired, oxygen should be always available.
Conditions that would require oxygen therapy include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
When one of these conditions are experienced, breathing difficulty should be expected. It is only a matter of minutes before the symptoms go from worse to worst, and the patient may need to be intubated with the help of the Welch Allyn and placed on a ventilator. Therefore, oxygen should be on hand so you won’t need to transport the patient to a hospital or other medical settings.
However, you should know that when you keep a supply of oxygen at home, there are disadvantages. It can be quite inconvenient and dangerous, especially when family members are not aware of the precautions that having such an item on hand.
Fortunately, with the Owgels, this danger is eliminated. Owgels, or an oxygen concentrator, uses oxygen from the room, concentrates it and removes other gases to be able to use therapeutically. This device delivers the gas from the tank to a tube through nasal tubes, face masks or directly into the patient’s windpipe.
Having this medical device at home makes it easier for a patient suffering from breathing problems. But it is quite important the caregiver and everyone else at home knows the proper way to use owgels. It is also essential to have a manual resuscitator in case it is needed. The Ambu bag cost is much more affordable than other breathing apparatus, so it is a great option for such cases.
Information about Owgels and oxygen therapy is valuable, especially when a loved one needs this kind of treatment. Be knowledgeable about it as well as the best place to purchase these products and other bedridden patient supplies.
The nation’s top supplier would be Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.
Wheelchairs are designed to help those with mobility problems move with ease. However, this device can be quite expensive. Wheelchair price in the Philippines ranges from Php3000 to Php7000, depending on the type and its weight capacity. And that’s from the nation’s top medical supplier, Philippine Medical Supplies, where prices are the best. How much more when you get such an item from other suppliers? Its cost can be significantly higher.
But because some accidents cannot be avoided and there are a number of congenital conditions that require the use of wheelchairs and other such devices, finding the best-priced one is what you need to do. And purchasing it from Philippine Medical Supplies is your best option.
Once you have your wheelchair, you need to know the proper way to use it and how to position your patient effectively in order to be comfortable and prevent pain in the legs. Here’s what you should do to achieve this.
- Give support to the lower leg and use the wheelchair footrest brackets.
- Place the feet in the right position and avoid it from sliding off the footrests.
- Always lock the brakes before getting in and out of the wheelchair.
- Have your patient lean back while sitting on the wheelchair.
- Avoid sitting on the device for long hours.
- Provide a blanket for the legs because sitting on it for a while can cause the lower extremities to be colder than usual.
Improper positioning of the legs and the body, in general, can lead to contracted joints, pressure sores, and bruises. This is what you should avoid. If not, it will only add injury to what your patient already has.
Think of the blood circulation in your patient’s legs when using mobility aids. Learn about the electric massager Philippines and how to use it to improve circulation.
You might also want to use ankle support Philippines to provide more stability to the lower legs, especially when your patient starts to walk again.
If your patient is completely dependent on wheelchairs, it is better to have him wear Top Care adult diapers or use a device with a commode for ease of urinating or bowel movement.
These are the key points you need to have in mind when using a wheelchair is required. But first, you need to get the best device at the best price. Check out your options at Philippine Medical Supplies now and make use of the tips above in using it.
Get to Know the Common Problems Associated with the Use of Adult Diaper Philippines and How Not to Depend on Them
The use of adult diaper Philippines is getting more and more common each day. If people before are quite ashamed of using such items, today people find many uses for it and are not afraid to take advantage of its benefits.
Consider these situations where the adult diaper is beginning to establish its importance:
- Security employees or positions of the like
- Not comfortable with using public toilets
- Long, continuous road trips
However, one should not depend on such items for longer periods, or just for convenience. If your reason for using Top Care adult diapers is urinary or fecal incontinence, you should address the problem first and use diapers only when needed. After all, there are side effects or problems related to its use.
These problems include leakage, hygiene problems, diaper rash, and urinary tract infection. One should keep these in mind so as not to completely depend on the use of adult diapers and fix the problem, instead.
And you can achieve this by doing regular exercise, especially those that strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which are responsible for leaky bladders. Kegel exercises and pelvic floor physical therapy with a trained professional as well as commitment to these acts are what you need to help your bladder work well. Making use of electric massager Philippines can also help in stimulating these muscle groups.
Another thing that can help you stop the use of diapers is to eat a healthy diet that won’t let you suffer from constipation or diarrhea and won’t make you urinate often. You need to consult your doctor in order for you to develop a meal plan with this regards.
There are ways to avoid using an adult diaper and be healthier. But if you need to use one, there is no reason why you should not, especially when embarrassment is in your mind. Growing old and other health conditions are valid enough reasons. The diaper is even a part of bedridden patient supplies. So, use one when needed. Just make sure not to depend on it if you can.
And while you’re at it, get Top Care diapers, the best high quality diapers you can have, at Philippine Medical Supplies. You won’t stress yourself with the transaction and delivery when you purchase your medical items at Philippine Medical Supplies.
In the Philippines, where most of the population lead an active lifestyle, musculoskeletal problems are quite common. And one of the most common of these conditions are those that affect the ankles. Because of this, ankle support Philippines have become a popular prevention and treatment device. And it is just fortunate that it can be found and easily purchased at Philippine Medical Supplies.
What are the usual reasons why people have the need for an ankle support?
Below are some of the risk factors associated with ankle problems in our country. And if you don’t want to end up looking for wheelchair price in Philippines and spend your days confined to it, make sure you learn about these and try to prevent it as much as you can.
- Muscle and ligament fatigue
- Carrying too much weight
- Poor muscle conditioning
- No warm up prior to activities
If you happen to experience any problem with your ankles, try to identify if the risk factors involved are preventable or not. And make sure you steer clear of the reasons why you suffer an ankle sprain or strain.
Ankles supports help to minimize the inflammation that follows after an injury. They are used for compression and support either after and injury or as prevention for it.
Now, if you need to use an ankle support, do you now how to use it properly?
It is quite fortunate that these devices are now readily available and are more cost-effective than other treatment modalities. You only need to have the right knowledge to be able to provide relief to your condition instead of aggravating it. You might end up in bed, needing bedridden patient supplies if you don’t treat your condition the right way.
It is important to take preventive measures in order to keep your musculoskeletal system healthy and strong. After all, this is what moves you and takes you places. And the ankle support can help you achieve this. It is not just a treatment option.
Find out about this device at Philippine Medical Supplies now and check out other items such as the electric massager Philippines that can provide so many benefits.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplies. Expect a hassle-free transaction and delivery when you purchase your items from them. Check them out now.
Suffering from a condition that forced you to undergo surgery and coming out with a stoma on your stomach is a life-changing situation. And if that is not already hard enough, dealing with a complication from this status will make you go from worse to worst. To be able to cope, you need all the information you can get and learn how to manage your Convatec colostomy properly so you don’t have to suffer even more. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on with your life as you previously did.
First thing you need to do is learn about the complications that you can acquire if problems arise regarding your colostomy. Here are some of it.
- Parastomal hernia
- Stoma trauma
- Mucocutaeneous separation
- Stoma necrosis
- Stoma prolapse
- Stoma retraction
- Stoma stenosis
These complications can be very serious and would require urgent medical attention. Be sure to steer clear from them and manage your colostomy well if you don’t want to come face to face with a Welch Allyn 60813 for another operation.
- You need to identify the right type of colostomy bag for your stoma and know when and how to change it. Empty the bag to remove waste regularly. It would be better if you stick to a routine of changing and cleaning it.
- Avoid heavy lifting and support your abdomen when sneezing or coughing after your operation. You should be able to get back to your usual activities and fully recover after at least 3 months.
- Be careful with your diet especially if you are in public. Some food can cause a smelly feces and you would not want to deal with it in a place with lots of people. You can make use of charcoal filters of pouch deodorizers, though.
- Don’t irritate the skin around your stoma. Keep it clean and dry especially when changing the bag. You can use protective creams to prevent skin complications.
It is common to struggle with handling your colostomy at first. After all, you are not familiar with it yet. You can always use Top Care adult diapers to prevent leakage until you get things under control.
Have all the supplies you need to manage your stoma properly. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies to get them. You can get your colostomy bags, diapers, and even an Omron Stimulator if you need it.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. They ensure stress-free transactions and safe delivery of your items in the soonest time possible. Check them out now.
Everyone knows what good the adult diaper is for. If not for urinary or bowel incontinence, women who just gave birth and people who underwent surgeries find good use for them. But adult diaper Philippines is more than just that. Some may find it funny and quite embarrassing, but there are many situations, other than health related ones where this item prove to be useful.
Uses of Adult Diapers
Obviously, adult diapers are commonly used by the elderly who have lost control over their bladders or bowels. This is why they are a part of the bedridden patient supplies in hospitals. But there are other instances where this absorbent material is used more frequently.
- People in wheelchairs or those who are unable to access the toilet independently.
- Patients with cognitive and mental problems who cannot identify the need to relieve their bladder or bowels.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Post surgery patients.
- People who are new to a Convatec colostomy and fear leakage.
Unusual Situations for Using the Adult Diaper
It is completely understandable if people wore diapers for the above reasons. But there are other situations, albeit uncommon, that make people grab Top Care adult diapers and wear them without hesitation.
- Astronauts wear what they call “space diapers” to relieve themselves easily and conveniently while in outer space.
- Jobs such as those of delivery drivers, where toilet breaks are limited due to the demands of their work.
- For personal convenience to avoid long lines in using public toilets and for sanitary reasons.
- Gambling addicts who need to stay in place during the game despite their need for the toilet.
- Guards who need to stay on their post for long hours.
- Pilots on long flights.
Aside from these unusual and somewhat awkward uses of adult diapers, people also find other uses for these helpful supplies. This would include as source of fuel, for keeping flowers fresh longer, and as the ultimate towels for big cleanups and spills.
Indeed, diapers have more use than what they are given credit for.
It is always a good idea to have these supplies on hand. You never know when you are going to need them.
Fortunately, Philippines Medical Supplies will help you get your stock of the best adult diapers. Just visit their website and with a smooth transaction, you will get your items delivered right at your doorstep. Check them out today.
Personal safety is a priority when you are in the medical field. You don’t always know what kind of diseases you are exposed to, especially in the emergency area. You can come face to face with a contagious diseases that can cost you your health. This is why wearing personal protective equipment like a lab gown and gloves is crucial.
Personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as PPE, are those equipment worn to prevent or minimize the harmful effects of certain hazards that you may encounter in your workplace, especially when you are in the medical industry where many things can lead to a dangerous health situation. enter
These equipment gloves, safety glasses or goggles, face masks or respirators, and lab gowns or coveralls.
Specifically, these equipment provide these benefits to the one wearing them.
- Eye and face protection. Safety goggles, masks and the like offer protection to the face where harmful material can come in contact with. These PPE, when worn effectively, is quite important since substances that can cause serious diseases can enter the eyes, mouth, nose and ears and get into your bloodstream.
Take, for example, handling a Convatec colostomy, where you come in contact with another person’s body wastes. If you don’t protect yourself and wear PPE, you will certainly acquire bacteria found in these wastes and fall ill.
- Hand and skin protection. As a medical practitioner, you are also exposed to certain chemicals, especially if you are assigned in the laboratory. Some of these chemicals can cause burns. When handling these substances in test tubes and using a single test tube holder, gloves are necessary so you don’t suffer when something goes amiss.
Cleaning substances with potent chemicals like the Cidex solution would also require you to wear gloves and full PPE so as not to acquire damage to your skin. This is a common scenario in the operating room where staff cleans and sterilizes items used during surgery.
Wearing PPE is required in the workplace when you are exposed to environmental hazards. It is not only hospitals that require them but also construction sites and other working areas.
Be sure to protect yourself and get the best PPE that will protect you well from Philippine Medical Supplies. The nation’s top supplier will make sure to deliver your things right at your doorstep. Check out the products that they have now.
Every student goes through practical tests. But the chemistry practical test can be a pretty challenging one. If you are soon to partake in such exams, learn some hacks on using devices such as the single test tube holder and other items, especially the ones used in titration. With these tips on taking on the chemistry practical test, you are sure to ace it.
- There are usually names of laboratory items and tips on using them on the back of your chemistry books. Look them up and apply them in your exam.
- Take your time during the exam, read the instructions carefully and think about what you need to do before actually doing it.
- Inspect your items before use. You may be given damaged materials with breaks and chips that can cause spills.
- In titrating, use your left hand on the burette to let tiny drops out and your right hand on your solution.
- Always handle your test tubes and beakers with care. Don’t directly touch anything with hot liquid or chemicals in it.
- Glass tubes, pipettes and rods are easy to break. Don’t use too much force with them, wear gloves and twist them into place instead of using other motions.
- Label your work!
And don’t forget to make your safety a priority. Always wear personal protective equipment such as a lab gown, gloves and goggles. Chemicals can be hazardous when they come in contact with your bare skin. Don’t suffer the consequences of handling them without the proper gear.
Once you’re done with your exam, help out and clean the items used. Some schools have their own portable autoclave machine for items that need sterilizing and autoclaving. If you know how to use the device, offer your assistance.
Otherwise, you can clean the things you used as you would others, or use Cidex solution if you must.
Practical tests are a part of every student’s life. You don’t have to stress to much about it like some students do. Study, practice and use the tips above and you will soon pass with flying colors.
Take time to practice with devices and tools from Philippine Medical Supplies and you will be quite familiar with each item’s use and how to use it properly during your exams. This assures you of having a good mark, if not having the best. Check out the most common things you utilize on your chemistry class and get them from Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Every medical personnel knows what mechanical ventilation is and the tools and devices used to successfully deliver it. And this knowledge is essential if you plan on entering the medical field. CPR, the Ambu bag and the Welch Allyn 60813 are just some necessary items that you have to learn about and know how to use in order to deliver quality health care to those who need it.
And in this article, you will be learning about mechanical ventilation and how the Welch Allyn laryngoscope is used in this process.
Mechanical ventilation is the process of providing air and the much needed oxygen into the body through artificial means when a person’s respiratory system fails to do so. The causes of such a condition can be ventilatory in nature, which includes chest wall abnormalities, or hypoxic, such as the case of ventilation-perfusion mismatch.
No matter the cause, it is crucial that ventilation is started immediately so the brain is not deprived of oxygen and cause serious health consequences. This process has the goals of:
- Relieving respiratory distress
- Improve pulmonary gas exchange
- Reverse respiratory muscle fatigue
- Permit lung healing
And in achieving this, the mechanical ventilator, which is the machine used to deliver oxygen into the lungs, should be attached to the endotracheal tube or ET. This small tube connects internally to the lungs and externally to the machine.
Of course, manual ventilation using the Ambu bag can also be done but it is very exhausting on the part of the one bagging. Furthermore, delivering oxygen can be insufficient or too much pressure can be placed on the lungs if bagging is not properly done. But this process is much cheaper compared to using a ventilator, considering the Ambu bag cost as compared to the machine.
And when manual ventilation is used, the bag should be attached to oxygen and owgels used.
Now, the Welch Allyn laryngoscope is what doctors use to insert the ET and properly put it in place before attaching it to the ventilator. This process is called intubation and needs expert skills and experience to be able to succeed.
- The patient should be positioned with his head tilted to provide the straightest path to see the larynx and pass the tube.
- Open the patient’s mouth as wide as possible and insert the laryngoscope’s blade into the mouth slightly to the right of the tongue.
- Then rotate the blade back and lift upward and away.
- When you see the larynx, pass the ET in one smooth motion.
After the procedure, always verify placement of the tube. Listen for presence and equal breath sounds using the best stethoscope. Check the Littman Stethoscope Classic III price and use this excellent device in your medical career.
Now that you know what the Welch Allyn and mechanical ventilation is, be prepared for your medical journey with the best supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies.