Suffering from a condition that forced you to undergo surgery and coming out with a stoma on your stomach is a life-changing situation. And if that is not already hard enough, dealing with a complication from this status will make you go from worse to worst. To be able to cope, you need all the information you can get and learn how to manage your Convatec colostomy properly so you don’t have to suffer even more. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on with your life as you previously did.
First thing you need to do is learn about the complications that you can acquire if problems arise regarding your colostomy. Here are some of it.
- Parastomal hernia
- Stoma trauma
- Mucocutaeneous separation
- Stoma necrosis
- Stoma prolapse
- Stoma retraction
- Stoma stenosis
These complications can be very serious and would require urgent medical attention. Be sure to steer clear from them and manage your colostomy well if you don’t want to come face to face with a Welch Allyn 60813 for another operation.
- You need to identify the right type of colostomy bag for your stoma and know when and how to change it. Empty the bag to remove waste regularly. It would be better if you stick to a routine of changing and cleaning it.
- Avoid heavy lifting and support your abdomen when sneezing or coughing after your operation. You should be able to get back to your usual activities and fully recover after at least 3 months.
- Be careful with your diet especially if you are in public. Some food can cause a smelly feces and you would not want to deal with it in a place with lots of people. You can make use of charcoal filters of pouch deodorizers, though.
- Don’t irritate the skin around your stoma. Keep it clean and dry especially when changing the bag. You can use protective creams to prevent skin complications.
It is common to struggle with handling your colostomy at first. After all, you are not familiar with it yet. You can always use Top Care adult diapers to prevent leakage until you get things under control.
Have all the supplies you need to manage your stoma properly. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies to get them. You can get your colostomy bags, diapers, and even an Omron Stimulator if you need it.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. They ensure stress-free transactions and safe delivery of your items in the soonest time possible. Check them out now.
Everyone knows what good the adult diaper is for. If not for urinary or bowel incontinence, women who just gave birth and people who underwent surgeries find good use for them. But adult diaper Philippines is more than just that. Some may find it funny and quite embarrassing, but there are many situations, other than health related ones where this item prove to be useful.
Uses of Adult Diapers
Obviously, adult diapers are commonly used by the elderly who have lost control over their bladders or bowels. This is why they are a part of the bedridden patient supplies in hospitals. But there are other instances where this absorbent material is used more frequently.
- People in wheelchairs or those who are unable to access the toilet independently.
- Patients with cognitive and mental problems who cannot identify the need to relieve their bladder or bowels.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Post surgery patients.
- People who are new to a Convatec colostomy and fear leakage.
Unusual Situations for Using the Adult Diaper
It is completely understandable if people wore diapers for the above reasons. But there are other situations, albeit uncommon, that make people grab Top Care adult diapers and wear them without hesitation.
- Astronauts wear what they call “space diapers” to relieve themselves easily and conveniently while in outer space.
- Jobs such as those of delivery drivers, where toilet breaks are limited due to the demands of their work.
- For personal convenience to avoid long lines in using public toilets and for sanitary reasons.
- Gambling addicts who need to stay in place during the game despite their need for the toilet.
- Guards who need to stay on their post for long hours.
- Pilots on long flights.
Aside from these unusual and somewhat awkward uses of adult diapers, people also find other uses for these helpful supplies. This would include as source of fuel, for keeping flowers fresh longer, and as the ultimate towels for big cleanups and spills.
Indeed, diapers have more use than what they are given credit for.
It is always a good idea to have these supplies on hand. You never know when you are going to need them.
Fortunately, Philippines Medical Supplies will help you get your stock of the best adult diapers. Just visit their website and with a smooth transaction, you will get your items delivered right at your doorstep. Check them out today.
Personal safety is a priority when you are in the medical field. You don’t always know what kind of diseases you are exposed to, especially in the emergency area. You can come face to face with a contagious diseases that can cost you your health. This is why wearing personal protective equipment like a lab gown and gloves is crucial.
Personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as PPE, are those equipment worn to prevent or minimize the harmful effects of certain hazards that you may encounter in your workplace, especially when you are in the medical industry where many things can lead to a dangerous health situation. enter
These equipment gloves, safety glasses or goggles, face masks or respirators, and lab gowns or coveralls.
Specifically, these equipment provide these benefits to the one wearing them.
- Eye and face protection. Safety goggles, masks and the like offer protection to the face where harmful material can come in contact with. These PPE, when worn effectively, is quite important since substances that can cause serious diseases can enter the eyes, mouth, nose and ears and get into your bloodstream.
Take, for example, handling a Convatec colostomy, where you come in contact with another person’s body wastes. If you don’t protect yourself and wear PPE, you will certainly acquire bacteria found in these wastes and fall ill.
- Hand and skin protection. As a medical practitioner, you are also exposed to certain chemicals, especially if you are assigned in the laboratory. Some of these chemicals can cause burns. When handling these substances in test tubes and using a single test tube holder, gloves are necessary so you don’t suffer when something goes amiss.
Cleaning substances with potent chemicals like the Cidex solution would also require you to wear gloves and full PPE so as not to acquire damage to your skin. This is a common scenario in the operating room where staff cleans and sterilizes items used during surgery.
Wearing PPE is required in the workplace when you are exposed to environmental hazards. It is not only hospitals that require them but also construction sites and other working areas.
Be sure to protect yourself and get the best PPE that will protect you well from Philippine Medical Supplies. The nation’s top supplier will make sure to deliver your things right at your doorstep. Check out the products that they have now.
Every student goes through practical tests. But the chemistry practical test can be a pretty challenging one. If you are soon to partake in such exams, learn some hacks on using devices such as the single test tube holder and other items, especially the ones used in titration. With these tips on taking on the chemistry practical test, you are sure to ace it.
- There are usually names of laboratory items and tips on using them on the back of your chemistry books. Look them up and apply them in your exam.
- Take your time during the exam, read the instructions carefully and think about what you need to do before actually doing it.
- Inspect your items before use. You may be given damaged materials with breaks and chips that can cause spills.
- In titrating, use your left hand on the burette to let tiny drops out and your right hand on your solution.
- Always handle your test tubes and beakers with care. Don’t directly touch anything with hot liquid or chemicals in it.
- Glass tubes, pipettes and rods are easy to break. Don’t use too much force with them, wear gloves and twist them into place instead of using other motions.
- Label your work!
And don’t forget to make your safety a priority. Always wear personal protective equipment such as a lab gown, gloves and goggles. Chemicals can be hazardous when they come in contact with your bare skin. Don’t suffer the consequences of handling them without the proper gear.
Once you’re done with your exam, help out and clean the items used. Some schools have their own portable autoclave machine for items that need sterilizing and autoclaving. If you know how to use the device, offer your assistance.
Otherwise, you can clean the things you used as you would others, or use Cidex solution if you must.
Practical tests are a part of every student’s life. You don’t have to stress to much about it like some students do. Study, practice and use the tips above and you will soon pass with flying colors.
Take time to practice with devices and tools from Philippine Medical Supplies and you will be quite familiar with each item’s use and how to use it properly during your exams. This assures you of having a good mark, if not having the best. Check out the most common things you utilize on your chemistry class and get them from Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Every medical personnel knows what mechanical ventilation is and the tools and devices used to successfully deliver it. And this knowledge is essential if you plan on entering the medical field. CPR, the Ambu bag and the Welch Allyn 60813 are just some necessary items that you have to learn about and know how to use in order to deliver quality health care to those who need it.
And in this article, you will be learning about mechanical ventilation and how the Welch Allyn laryngoscope is used in this process.
Mechanical ventilation is the process of providing air and the much needed oxygen into the body through artificial means when a person’s respiratory system fails to do so. The causes of such a condition can be ventilatory in nature, which includes chest wall abnormalities, or hypoxic, such as the case of ventilation-perfusion mismatch.
No matter the cause, it is crucial that ventilation is started immediately so the brain is not deprived of oxygen and cause serious health consequences. This process has the goals of:
- Relieving respiratory distress
- Improve pulmonary gas exchange
- Reverse respiratory muscle fatigue
- Permit lung healing
And in achieving this, the mechanical ventilator, which is the machine used to deliver oxygen into the lungs, should be attached to the endotracheal tube or ET. This small tube connects internally to the lungs and externally to the machine.
Of course, manual ventilation using the Ambu bag can also be done but it is very exhausting on the part of the one bagging. Furthermore, delivering oxygen can be insufficient or too much pressure can be placed on the lungs if bagging is not properly done. But this process is much cheaper compared to using a ventilator, considering the Ambu bag cost as compared to the machine.
And when manual ventilation is used, the bag should be attached to oxygen and owgels used.
Now, the Welch Allyn laryngoscope is what doctors use to insert the ET and properly put it in place before attaching it to the ventilator. This process is called intubation and needs expert skills and experience to be able to succeed.
- The patient should be positioned with his head tilted to provide the straightest path to see the larynx and pass the tube.
- Open the patient’s mouth as wide as possible and insert the laryngoscope’s blade into the mouth slightly to the right of the tongue.
- Then rotate the blade back and lift upward and away.
- When you see the larynx, pass the ET in one smooth motion.
After the procedure, always verify placement of the tube. Listen for presence and equal breath sounds using the best stethoscope. Check the Littman Stethoscope Classic III price and use this excellent device in your medical career.
Now that you know what the Welch Allyn and mechanical ventilation is, be prepared for your medical journey with the best supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies.
It wasn’t long before people had to suffer chronic pain and depend on pain medications or medical procedures for relief. Thanks to advancement in technology, people can now manage pain themselves and use devices such as the Omron Stimulator to reduce the pain and carry on with their lives.
Let us learn about the self-managing pain relief devices that are available for people suffering this condition.
The Omron Tens stimulator is a small device that is attached to the skin by wires and sticky pads, and transmits electrical pulses capable of relieving pain. It is easy to use, well-tolerated and void of side effects when used properly.
2.Heat Therapy System.
This non-invasive procedure delivers heat throughout the circulatory system to reduce thickness of the blood thus improving circulation and relieving muscle pain.
3.Therapeutic Electric Massager.
Electric massager Philippines swear by the pain relief that the therapeutic massager provides. It relaxes tense muscles and improve blood circulation thereby relieving pain.
4.Light Therapy. The near-infrared light therapy device provides fast pain relief by acting on the body’s natural biochemical processes. Because of this stimulation, endorphins are released which help inhibit pain signals.
5.Electromagnetic Field Therapy. The electromagnetic pulses from this device delivers pain relief, as well as promote joint and muscle recovery.
6.Clinical Strength Therapy. This device, worn on the upper calf, activates the body’s own natural pain blockers leading to widespread pain relief.
Being able to manage pain on your own is a great achievement. You don’t even have to look for ankle support Philippines if you can’t stand anymore because of the pain. Plus, the convenience it brings is something that people with chronic pain is greatly thankful for.
You don’t have to depend on pain medications, invasive procedures and other medical treatments , oxygen and owgels even, just to get through the day when pain attacks. You can easily sit it down and manage it on your own. That’s the kind of treatment patients today look for. And the devices for these are readily available.
You only have to visit Philippine Medical Supplies to find the perfect device for your self-management and you’re good to go. Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top supplier of all things medical. Visit them today.
The significant changes in your life and the pull on your self-confidence are not just the things that you have to undergo and cope with when you go through surgery and come out with a stoma on your abdomen. Yes, these changes can be very shocking, especially when it happens drastically, but taking care of your stoma becomes a part of your life from then on. And problems come when you use inferior bags rather than going with the trusted Convatec colostomy bags.
What problems do people with with stomas usually face when they use low quality bags for their colostomy?
One of the most common problem with this is leaking of the colostomy bag. When a bag leaks, complications like inflammation or infection of the skin surrounding the stoma happens. And this can be serious if left untreated. Sadly, some people just cover their stoma with Top Care adult diapers, which really shouldn’t be.
It is just fortunate that this complication can be prevented. And all you need is the right colostomy bag. By using the
Convatec colostomy bag, you are assured of the right fit, strong materials that don’t easily tear and easy manipulation. With this, and the right management, you can prevent complications and other problems associated with having a stoma.
Going through surgery and having a colostomy is not very easy at all. But patients learn to deal with this situation. And it’s all good once they learned how to manage it.
And in these kinds of situations, the best medical supplies really matter. What good is an affordable device when it gives you problems, right? The same goes with bedridden patient supplies, BP apps, stethoscopes and other medical items.
Fortunately, Philippine Medical Supplies is here to help us find the right supplies for all our medical needs. You can get the Convatec colostomy from them. As well as the well-loved brand, Littmann, for stethoscopes and other devices. Check out their Littmann Stethoscope Classic III price now.
When you stock up on high quality supplies for your ostomy and other needs, you don’t have to stress yourself every time you run out of materials. Getting them from Philippine Medical Supplies is actually very easy. Visit them now and get your colostomy bags delivered right at your doorstep, stress-free.
The electric massager Philippines is a popular wellness and relaxation tool that many busy-bodies want to have. Most people prefer it compared to the wellness treatments offered by different spa centers and clinics since it is quite handy and they can take it along with them wherever they go. As we all know, a lot of people are quite busy and don’t have the luxury of time to spend on an hour or so of wellness services.
But aside from the relaxation that the electric massager provides, there are a number of benefits that this handy tool offers. Unfortunately, a lot of its users are not aware of these benefits. They just use the massager because of the wonderful feeling it gives tired and aching muscles.
These benefits are what this article is all about. Read on to find out what these are.
Benefits of Using the Electric Massager
Pain relief. It stimulates the nerves thereby releasing natural pain chemicals in the body making it an ideal natural pain relief therapy.
Helps repair damaged tissues. By improving blood circulation, the massager rejuvenates cells and revitalizes damaged tissues.
No side effects. Compared to other medical treatments, this wellness treatment has no known side effects when used moderately.
Affordable pain therapy. The electric massager is a more affordable form of pain relief therapy. No need for drugs and other devices such as the Omron stimulator.
Provides relaxation. The most sought-after benefit of the electric massager would be the relaxation it provides. And you can take advantage of it anywhere, at home, school, work, even when you are still in your lab gown.
Easy to use. As a simple and handy device, the electric massager is quite easy to manipulate, making it suitable for all people to use.
With all these benefits, even the busiest of persons can afford to take some time, effort and money off to reap them from the electric massager. It can even be used to treat patients and the elderly to some pampering massage, unless it is contraindicated.
Would you like to have it as a part of bedridden patient supplies for your loved ones? Because you certainly can and your patient would be quite grateful for it. Ask your physician about this.
And for the best electric massager available, just visit Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top medical supplier. You don’t have to worry about the transaction and delivery because with them, these are all hassle-free. Check them out now.
Why Having Your Own Supplies such as the Lab Gown and Vital Signs Monitoring Devices in the Medical Field Matters Greatly
As a medical practitioner, whether you are a doctor, a nurse or any other medical staff, not bringing your own items such as your lab gown in the field can be such a nuisance. Everyone knows how hectic it can be in a medical setting. Emergency situations are expected at every second, demanding patients and folks are at every corner, and attending physicians and other higher ups can appear at the most unexpected times. This is especially stressful for interns and residents who need to be at their very best all the time.
But when such cases happen, you can get quite nervous and everyone panics. Thus, the struggle for finding medical devices and supplies presents itself. And this is when you will realize all the advantages of having your very own medical supplies has.
- While others rush to grab the available supplies and devices around, you calmly get your own things to do your tasks.
- You don’t have to worry about being left with the defective and lacking materials, sometimes being left with nothing to use at all.
- There will be no reason for you to borrow other people’s things and end up losing them.
Of course, you need to invest in the best supplies and devices to make your journey through your medical career the best that it can be. You can find out the Littmann stethoscope classic III price at Philippine Medical Supplies now.
You don’t need to carry bedridden patient supplies all the time, unless you are in the geriatric department, but having your own vital signs monitoring devices is important and that’s what you need to invest in.
Moreover, emergency devices such as the Ambu bag and Welch Allyn 60813, should always be available in the emergency cart, and won’t require you to have it on your person during your working hours. Having the most frequently used and common supplies and devices are what would matter. And that is what you have to search for and invest on.
Fortunately, all these things are available at Philippine Medical Supplies and can be delivered right at your doorstep. Check these supplies and their prices, which are quite affordable, right now and visit Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top medical supplier.
There will come a time in our lives where we will need to use Top Care adult diapers, no matter if it is for a short time or longer, and for whatever reason you may need it for. However, most commonly, adults use these diapers when incontinence strikes them. Growing old may be the main reason why people lose control over their bladders and bowels, but there are also other situations that warrant the use of this item.
While adult diapers may be considered one of the most common bedridden patient supplies, it can also be used by younger adults. Incontinence can be experienced by anyone.
When you are unable to control your bladder, you have what is called urinary incontinence. And it can be quite uncomfortable, not to mention, humiliating because it can get in the way at the most unexpected time. Leakage happens with a little bit of a sneeze, cough or even laughter.
Bowel incontinence, on the other hand, comes from a person’s inability to control his bowels causing unexpected leakage of fecal matter from the rectum. And this is even more embarrassing. Fortunately, there are treatments and procedures that can help with this condition.
Let us now learn how one gets incontinence so we will know how to treat and take care of them effectively.
- Fecal incontinence may be caused by diarrhea or constipation.
- It may also be due to muscle or nerve damage on the bowels which may be associated with aging or giving birth.
- On another note, causes of urinary incontinence may include certain drugs, food and drinks.
- It may also come from having a urinary tract infection, pregnancy and childbirth, as well as specific surgical operations.
So, when a loved one suffers from incontinence, your understanding is highly appreciated. And what better way to show it than making it easier and more comfortable for them. Learn how to apply diapers properly and follow adult diaper Philippines recommendations in changing diapers.
Making use of an Omron stimulator or electric massager will not only make it more comfortable for your patient but will also help stimulate the bladder and bowels to function properly. But you should always proceed with caution in using certain devices and never forget to consult your doctor.
Now, Top Care diapers are the best when it comes to this purpose. Get your supply from the nation’s leading supplier of all things medical, Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now for a smooth transaction and reliable delivery service.
There are already millions of people who are living or had lived with a Convatec colostomy all over the world. But despite this great number, many are still unaware of the condition or do not know what it is like living with such a condition.
Although having a stoma and a colostomy bag may be difficult, it is only just the beginning that is hard to accept. Once patients get used to it, living is just as it was before going under the knife.But understanding what someone with a colostomy is going through is necessary to be able to appropriately and sympathetically interact with them.
Living with a Colostomy
People with conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and bowel cancer would have never thought they would undergo an operation and come out with an internal organ sticking out of their lower abdomen, specifically, apart of their intestines. This is what someone with a colostomy goes through just before having that small bag
attached to their stomach.
Yes, a colostomy is a result of certain illnesses or conditions that prevent normal bowel functions and body waste discharge. And no, it isn’t a part of bedridden patient supplies. It is a misconception on some people’s mind that having a colostomy is a consequence of being old and bedridden, which is definitely not the case.
So once a person’s bowel functions are compromised, it is necessary to find a way for discharges to be excreted. Thus, a stoma is created. And having this can turn a person’s world upside down.
Here’s is one patient’s take on life after having a colostomy.
- It will start as something unacceptable, especially when you get it so suddenly.
- You might focus on all the negatives and hide from the world, or under a lab gown.
- But after accepting the fact that having a colostomy is life-saving, you can focus on the positive.
- You are alive and you will continue living greatly. No more constipation, bloating and no need for laxatives.
- You will empty the bag and clean the stoma several times a day but you will get used to it. And cleaning agents such as Cidex solution is a no-no. Water is enough.
- Most importantly, even with the bag, you can still live a normal life just like the one you had before surgery.
This is what you should understand about colostomies. And if you need to get bags, there’s Philippine Medical Supplies that you can rely on. Check them out today.
Medical supplies and equipment are a very important part of procedure in any health care facility and even in homes, which is why it is important these things get cleaned and sterilized well with a portable autoclave machine or any other way before being used. Improper cleaning of these medical devices can lead to harm, instead of the good.
Now, let us learn the ways of cleaning and sterilizing equipments with different methods, such as using the Cidex solution, so that it provides its purpose and not the other way around.
Cleaning Medical Equipment and Devices
There are many ways of cleaning medical supplies so that they achieve a level of cleanliness that is best for usage in the medical and other settings that can impact our health. But there are other items, such as those used in surgeries whether minor or major procedures, that warrants a material to be sterilized before using again. An example of these medical devices that need proper cleaning would be the Welch Allyn 60813.
Let us now learn the ways of keeping our medical items clean and ready to use.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning. From its name, it uses ultrasound and a cleaning solvent to clean items. The items need to be manually cleaned first and then placed on the cleaner, being completely submerged in the solvent, and cleaned for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Automatic Washer Sterilizers. These are modified steam sterilizers that should be followed according to manufacturer’s instructions to achieve proper cleaning and sterilization. But you need to make sure the instruments are lubricated after last rinse cycle and before sterilization cycle.
- Autoclaving. Whether you use a portable autoclave machine or a standard one, you can autoclave instruments one by one or in groups. This machine usually utilizes steam sterilization for cleaning. It is important that you do not overload the machine because steam cannot penetrate and properly sterilize items if this happens.
- Cold Sterilization. This process makes instruments sterile only after a 10-hour immersion. It is used if disinfection is needed rather than sterilization, just like for the single test tube holder and such items.
These methods can be used for different medical instruments and equipment. You need to be aware on what process is best for the items you need to clean.
Many cleaning agents and sterilization machines are available today for using even at home. If you need such things, you can just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and search for it. You can then expect a hassle-free transaction and smooth delivery right at your doorstep. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.