There will come a time in our lives where we will need to use Top Care adult diapers, no matter if it is for a short time or longer, and for whatever reason you may need it for. However, most commonly, adults use these diapers when incontinence strikes them. Growing old may be the main reason why people lose control over their bladders and bowels, but there are also other situations that warrant the use of this item.
While adult diapers may be considered one of the most common bedridden patient supplies, it can also be used by younger adults. Incontinence can be experienced by anyone.
When you are unable to control your bladder, you have what is called urinary incontinence. And it can be quite uncomfortable, not to mention, humiliating because it can get in the way at the most unexpected time. Leakage happens with a little bit of a sneeze, cough or even laughter.
Bowel incontinence, on the other hand, comes from a person’s inability to control his bowels causing unexpected leakage of fecal matter from the rectum. And this is even more embarrassing. Fortunately, there are treatments and procedures that can help with this condition.
Let us now learn how one gets incontinence so we will know how to treat and take care of them effectively.
- Fecal incontinence may be caused by diarrhea or constipation.
- It may also be due to muscle or nerve damage on the bowels which may be associated with aging or giving birth.
- On another note, causes of urinary incontinence may include certain drugs, food and drinks.
- It may also come from having a urinary tract infection, pregnancy and childbirth, as well as specific surgical operations.
So, when a loved one suffers from incontinence, your understanding is highly appreciated. And what better way to show it than making it easier and more comfortable for them. Learn how to apply diapers properly and follow adult diaper Philippines recommendations in changing diapers.
Making use of an Omron stimulator or electric massager will not only make it more comfortable for your patient but will also help stimulate the bladder and bowels to function properly. But you should always proceed with caution in using certain devices and never forget to consult your doctor.
Now, Top Care diapers are the best when it comes to this purpose. Get your supply from the nation’s leading supplier of all things medical, Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now for a smooth transaction and reliable delivery service.
There are already millions of people who are living or had lived with a Convatec colostomy all over the world. But despite this great number, many are still unaware of the condition or do not know what it is like living with such a condition.
Although having a stoma and a colostomy bag may be difficult, it is only just the beginning that is hard to accept. Once patients get used to it, living is just as it was before going under the knife.But understanding what someone with a colostomy is going through is necessary to be able to appropriately and sympathetically interact with them.
Living with a Colostomy
People with conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and bowel cancer would have never thought they would undergo an operation and come out with an internal organ sticking out of their lower abdomen, specifically, apart of their intestines. This is what someone with a colostomy goes through just before having that small bag
attached to their stomach.
Yes, a colostomy is a result of certain illnesses or conditions that prevent normal bowel functions and body waste discharge. And no, it isn’t a part of bedridden patient supplies. It is a misconception on some people’s mind that having a colostomy is a consequence of being old and bedridden, which is definitely not the case.
So once a person’s bowel functions are compromised, it is necessary to find a way for discharges to be excreted. Thus, a stoma is created. And having this can turn a person’s world upside down.
Here’s is one patient’s take on life after having a colostomy.
- It will start as something unacceptable, especially when you get it so suddenly.
- You might focus on all the negatives and hide from the world, or under a lab gown.
- But after accepting the fact that having a colostomy is life-saving, you can focus on the positive.
- You are alive and you will continue living greatly. No more constipation, bloating and no need for laxatives.
- You will empty the bag and clean the stoma several times a day but you will get used to it. And cleaning agents such as Cidex solution is a no-no. Water is enough.
- Most importantly, even with the bag, you can still live a normal life just like the one you had before surgery.
This is what you should understand about colostomies. And if you need to get bags, there’s Philippine Medical Supplies that you can rely on. Check them out today.
Medical supplies and equipment are a very important part of procedure in any health care facility and even in homes, which is why it is important these things get cleaned and sterilized well with a portable autoclave machine or any other way before being used. Improper cleaning of these medical devices can lead to harm, instead of the good.
Now, let us learn the ways of cleaning and sterilizing equipments with different methods, such as using the Cidex solution, so that it provides its purpose and not the other way around.
Cleaning Medical Equipment and Devices
There are many ways of cleaning medical supplies so that they achieve a level of cleanliness that is best for usage in the medical and other settings that can impact our health. But there are other items, such as those used in surgeries whether minor or major procedures, that warrants a material to be sterilized before using again. An example of these medical devices that need proper cleaning would be the Welch Allyn 60813.
Let us now learn the ways of keeping our medical items clean and ready to use.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning. From its name, it uses ultrasound and a cleaning solvent to clean items. The items need to be manually cleaned first and then placed on the cleaner, being completely submerged in the solvent, and cleaned for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Automatic Washer Sterilizers. These are modified steam sterilizers that should be followed according to manufacturer’s instructions to achieve proper cleaning and sterilization. But you need to make sure the instruments are lubricated after last rinse cycle and before sterilization cycle.
- Autoclaving. Whether you use a portable autoclave machine or a standard one, you can autoclave instruments one by one or in groups. This machine usually utilizes steam sterilization for cleaning. It is important that you do not overload the machine because steam cannot penetrate and properly sterilize items if this happens.
- Cold Sterilization. This process makes instruments sterile only after a 10-hour immersion. It is used if disinfection is needed rather than sterilization, just like for the single test tube holder and such items.
These methods can be used for different medical instruments and equipment. You need to be aware on what process is best for the items you need to clean.
Many cleaning agents and sterilization machines are available today for using even at home. If you need such things, you can just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and search for it. You can then expect a hassle-free transaction and smooth delivery right at your doorstep. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The Ambu bag cost in the Philippines is widely researched because of its importance in emergency cases. Not only is it used in the hospital setting or in medical centers, but also in homes, schools and offices.
Since emergencies cannot be predicted and more and more people are having breathing problems, it is only understandable that you should have an Ambu bag on hand. You will never know when you will face an emergency where you need to resuscitate someone.
And so, knowing about the Ambu bag is essential in this age.
All About The Ambu Bag
Although the Ambu bag is not known to everyone, most people know its importance in cases of medical emergencies, especially when you or a family member have been admitted in the hospital setting. This tool, which is a squeezable bag with a face mask, is known to help people breathe.
If you ever had a patient who needed resuscitation in the hospital setting, you may have been exposed to the Welch Allyn 60813. This is a laryngoscope that is used to attach a tube to a patient’s trachea to facilitate breathing by squeezing air into the lungs. The tube is then connected to the Ambu bag for manual breathing or attached to a ventilator.
Having an oxygen and owgels available is a plus.
The Ambu bag can definitely save a life since it helps in the vital task of breathing.
However, proper use of this device should be known in order to get the expected benefit.
- You need to position the patient properly.
- An appropriately-size mask is essential to deliver the right amount of air.
- The mask should be sealed to the patient’s face.
- Ventilate the patient immediately.
With this knowledge, you can help save someone whose breathing has been compromised.
You do need to clean the Ambu bag very well and use a portable autoclave machine for the device as it is needed to effectively sterilize it. The Ambu bag costs from Php 2,200 on Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier which offers quality materials at the right prices. Visit their website today to know more about their company and the products available at their website.
Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Having a sick family member causes a great deal of stress, but this can be lessened quite a bit if you have all the bedridden patient supplies and everything that the sick will need right on hand at home. You don’t have to turn your home into a hospital for your patient, though. As long you have all the essentials, you can make life easier and more comfortable for both you, the caregiver, and especially the patient.
But what are these essentials that you need to have at home before your patient gets out of the hospital?
Bedridden Patient Supplies for the Home
It is great news when the doctor says your sick elderly family member is well enough to go home already. However, you need to think of what your patient will need at home so you can make his or her life better, and yours as well.
All you have to do is have these important supplies, that your patient will need, at home so you don’t have to rush everywhere just to find and buy it when it is needed.
- Top care adult diapers, bedpan, urinal – you need these things for convenience, to make it easier for your patient to attend to his normal body needs without having to move out of the bed.
- Wheelchair and mobility support – as long as it is not contraindicated, your patient can get out of bed and enjoy the outdoors from time to time. These mobility support can also help in the rehabilitation process when your patient is ready. You can find wheelchair price in Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies.
- Anti-bedsore mattress – bedsores is a no-no. So, aside from regularly turning your patient, you can use an anti-bedsore mattress to prevent this condition.
You also need to have every medication and treatment that the doctor advised where you can easily reach it. And if recommended, have a standby oxygen with Owgels at the bedside, too.
These are just the basic necessities that you should have at home when your elderly bedridden patient gets out of the hospital. But you should always follow the doctor’s orders and advise. If you want to check out these supplies and their corresponding prices, just visit Philippine Medical Supplies. You can easily order from them, hassle-free and have your item delivered right to your doorstep.Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
It is not often that you get to encounter an injury to your ankle, unless you are quite active in sports, but it is during this time that you will need the services of an ankle support Philippines. Also, people with naturally weak ankles can benefit greatly from using this supportive device.
What is the ankle support and how can it be used?
Benefits of Using an Ankle Support
Ankle injuries as often thought of as sports injuries. However, you don’t have to be an athlete to experience an ankle injury. You can end up with this kind of injury from something as simple as walking.
Walking and losing your balance is one cause of an ankle injury. And sometimes, people rely on massages and electric massager Philippines for the relief of pain associated with this condition, which really shouldn’t be.
What you need is an ankle support, which you can get from Philippine Medical Supplies.
Let us learn about this helpful tool now.
- An ankle support can help in treat a number of ankle injuries including sprains and strains.
- It helps avoid and reduce the pain associated with the injury.
- It also avoids the instability which results from an injured or weak ankle.
- The ankle support is not only used for injuries but also for people with weak ankles, which provides them with firm support.
- It is medically approved and comfortable to wear.
After the injury, the patient should see a doctor so a proper treatment and suitable ankle support can be provided. The patient should not apply pressure on the affected area. A wheelchair is necessary in this situation. Find wheelchair price in Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The benefits of using an ankle support for ankle injuries and weak ankles make it the go-to treatment of athletes. Using this device can also help them prevent further injuries.
It is quite comfortable to use which makes it possible to be a part of a bedridden patient supplies for preparation of getting out of bed.
If you are active in sports or have a weak ankle, it is recommended that you have an ankle support on hand. So check out this device at Philippine Medical Supplies now and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Emergency cases would definitely include one where the patient is having difficulty of breathing, and, in this case, the most effective treatment would be administering oxygen with owgels. Breathing difficulties cut down a person’s chances of survival, especially when in conjunction with other health conditions. This is why the first thing you do in emergency cases is make sure that the patient is breathing.
A standby oxygen along with emergency supplies is recommended in emergency medical settings. Even at home, emergency items such as a first aid kit is advised to always be within easy reach.
So, what do you do during these kinds of emergencies?
First Aid for Breathing Difficulties
Breathing difficulties range from having shortness of breath, being unable to take a deep breath and gasping for air, and feeling like you are not getting enough air. These conditions are almost always a medical emergency and would warrant having a resuscitator at hand. Find out how much an ambu bag cost now.
This emergency can be the cause of different conditions.
- Blood clot in the lungs
- Emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Pneumothorax or a collapsed lung
- Heart attack or heart failure
- Injury to the neck, chest wall or lungs
- Anaphylaxis reaction
- Near drowning
If you see a person with bluish lips, fingers and fingernails, immediately assess his condition, especially the breath sounds, with the use of a stethoscope (find out about the Littmann stethoscope classic III price now), and call 911 or your local emergency number.
Here’s what you should do next:
- Check the patient’s airway, breathing and pulse. Do CPR if breathing and pulse is absent.
- Loosen any tight clothing and monitor the patient’s breathing and pulse until help arrives.
- If necessary, help the patient take any prescribed medication for breathing problems.
- If you see any open wound in the neck and chest, close them up immediately.
- If oxygen is available, administer it until the medical team arrives.
Be alert and rational during emergencies, especially of this kind. If you have any knowledge about medical supplies like the ambu bag or the Welch Allyn 60813, be ready to help in case the emergency team needs it.
Find out more about these medical supplies and how much they cost at Philippine Medical Supplies now. Having knowledge about them gives you great advantage during emergencies. And it would be a plus if you have them on hand. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
A disease that affects the colon, rectum or anus usually leads to the patient having a Convatec colostomy. However, many are not aware of this condition and the resulting colostomy that the patient has to have for a long time, even for life. This ignorance causes poor self-esteem on the part of the patient and contributes to depression.
Let’s learn all about the colostomy and help those who have it feel more optimistic about their condition.
What Causes a Colostomy?
A colostomy is actually a treatment and not a condition. When the body’s colon, rectum and anus, which are the ones responsible for eliminating solid waste material from the body, cannot function well, they need to stop working and rest. The body then has to find another way to remove wastes.
And this is where having a colostomy helps.
- A colostomy is an opening, called a stoma, that connects the colon to the surface of the abdomen.
- This opening provides a new route for waste material and gas to leave the body.
- A colostomy can be temporary or permanent.
- Proper care of the colostomy site is needed to maintain its function and prevent infection, which is a complication you don’t want to have.
- You won’t need Top Care adult diapers if you have a colostomy.
How Will Having a Colostomy Change Your Life?
Contrary to what most people believe, a colostomy is not a bedridden patient supplies. Anyone can have a condition that will require a colostomy, a child, an adult or an elderly.
So what changes does this condition bring to your life?
- Yo won’t have to stay in the hospital after surgery as long as you know how to manage your colostomy. You can continue your normal routine provided it won’t interfere with your stoma.
- You can participate in any activity provided your colostomy can take the contact. You can have protective devices that can cover your stoma.
- You may need to change your diet and prevent food that can cause a blockage in your colon.
- Your may feel your confidence shatter but with appropriate clothing, your colostomy wouldn’t bother with your appearance.
You have to understand that a colostomy is a treatment that will help you maintain your normal body function. It is normal to feel down but try to be optimistic.
You can get items to improve your stoma and colostomy at Philippine Medical Supplies and be better prepared with your life. This online medical supplier will help you get the best supplies such as the Omron Stimulator and all that you need for your condition.
So, visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The development of the health industry in the Philippines has given way to Filipinos learning more about medical supplies and checking Ambu bag cost, for one. Knowing about these supplies and equipment and their corresponding prices helps them prepare for medical emergencies, especially when they are in the medical field or interested to pursue a career in medicine and the like.
Many medical things such as bedridden patient supplies are available online and easily acquired. If you have the funds for it, it would be better to have these and other emergency supplies at home, for when you have a sick family member, a bedridden patient or in preparation for an accident or emergency. You never know when you’re gonna these items.
So it is better to explore these things now to be better prepared for the future.
Common Medical Items and their Prices
Although the Philippines has yet to acquire advanced medical equipment for health centers and district hospitals, there are already tertiary hospitals in cities that offer world-class medical procedures and services. This is a great big step in the medical industry for a third-world country such as the Philippines.
The improvements in our nation cannot be denied. And the Filipino’s thirst for knowledge is increasing each day. More so when it comes to health and medicine.
So, let us learn about the common medical supplies that we are likely to encounter one of these days.
- Stethoscope – this is one of the most common devices used in the health industry. Doctors and nurses use it to check vital signs and auscultate organs to check their condition. It is recommended to have one at home. The Littmann stethoscope classic III price is at Php6850.00.
- BP Apparatus – everyone is likely to have encountered a BP app. This device checks a person’s blood pressure for a variety of reasons. Now there are digital BP apps that you can use with just the press of a button. Its price starts at Php1,200.00.
- Ambu Bag – this is an emergency device which is used for a person who is not breathing. You can get it for Php2,200.00.
- Nerve Stimulator – the Omron stimulator is priced at Php4,000.00 and is used to stimulate nerves and muscles to relieve tension, pain and other problems.
If you want to learn more about medical supplies and get the best items delivered to your home, Philippine Medical Supplies is the best place to explore. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Being a student, whether for a medical career or not, requires familiarity and knowledge about certain laboratory items such as the test tubes and single test tube holder, beakers and more. In high school, you will need introduction to these things in preparation for college. And in college, specific courses will have you dealing with these items on a daily basis. More so when you enter a medical course and get into the medical field.
With the countless medical and laboratory supplies used in school and in the medical field, you will definitely need a head start in learning about them, especially if you plan on having a medical career.
Common Laboratory Items in School
Subjects in school such as chemistry and physics require passing a practical exam in order to get an average to high mark. Failing these tests is not an option. Practical exams are a prerequisite to graduation.
And you will be happy to acquire knowledge from these once you enter your choice of career.
So, aside from the lab gown, what are the common laboratory equipment that you need to have and familiarize yourself with?
- Test tubes and test tube holders – items used for mixing chemicals and monitoring a reaction.
- Beakers and flasks – used for holding and measuring fluids and chemicals.
- Petri dish – glass or plastic lidded dish used to culture cells.
- Portable autoclave machine – a device used for steam sterilizing equipment and objects.
- Burette – used for transferring fluids, especially in titrations.
These some of the most common items and equipment that students get exposed to in some of their subjects.
You will also need to learn how to clean your supplies with Cidex, an effective, high level disinfection solution. Proper and safe use of this disinfectant is needed to achieve sterilization, especially when students use it.
If you plan to become a medical technologist, scientist or other science and medical profession, you need not only learn about them but have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of their uses. It would be even better to have your own supplies of laboratory items. And you can get all these at Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top supplier of medical items and equipment. You will find all that you need for your school’s practical exams and for you career from this high quality and hassle-free supplier. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The electric massager Philippines offers relaxation and convenience in just a small device. That is one of the reasons why its use has been steadily increasing. Being able to stay at home and experience the comfort and relaxation of a massage without the need for massage therapists is one thing that many people crave in this fast-paced world.
But what is an electric massager? How does it work? Does it provide other benefits aside from relaxation?
Let’s learn about this helpful innovative tool now.
The Electric Massager
An electric massager is a hand-held device for self-massage. It provides, soothing or vigorous palpating and rolling actions with different intensities which is ideal for home use or on the go. It eliminates the need to go to spa centers or a massage therapist.
What are the benefits of using this modern device? Read on to find out.
- Benefits of an electric massager:
– It provides relaxation and relief from stress. Electric massagers come in different shapes and sizes and have different levels of intensity that can suit any need. It can even be one of the many bedridden patient supplies because of the benefits it can give to someone confined to the bed. The vibrations produce by the massager definitely provides relaxation and relieves stress on the muscles.
– I helps relieve pain. The electric massager is ideal when you’re looking to relieve pain, just like the Omron Stimulator. This device soothes affected nerves and muscles and improve circulation of the blood, thereby relieving pain associated with sitting or standing for too long and other causes.
– It is convenient and affordable. You don’t have to go looking for a massage therapist or go to a spa when you feel the need for a massage. By having the electric massager, you can have a massage anywhere, at anytime. Plus, it is an affordable alternative to some massage modalities.
With all these benefits, many choose to have the massager at home. But be careful in using this device, though.
- Adverse effects of the electric massager:
– Potential stroke
– Worsening effect
It is important to understand how the electric massage works and how to use it effectively and safely before using it. Learn about it and the different prices for different styles now, as well as other supplies like the portable autoclave machine.
Find the electric massager and medical supplies like the wheelchair, Convatec colostomy and patient supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top supplier of all things medical. Check them out now.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the country’s top supplier of all things medical, where you get to find Littmann Stethoscope Classic III price lower than anywhere else. Moreover, these supplies are all delivered right to your doorstep, hassle-free.
Medical Supplies and Equipment in the Philippines
With the growing medical industry in the Philippines and more and more people going into the medical field, the need for medical supplies is ever increasing. But people don’t want substandard things to use in their medical career. What’s the use of cheap products when you have to buy another one sooner than you think because the one you bought first is already broken? Instead of saving, you actually spend more.
Fortunately, this habit is being replaced with a much more practical one. Investing in high quality materials instead of cheaper ones will help you save more in the long run.
However, the best supplies such as the Omron stimulator and other common medical equipment needed by medical students and practitioners aren’t always available. So they make do with what’s on hand. And this isn’t exactly how you want your career in the medical field to go.
But now that Philippine Medical Supplies is here, your medical supplies needs will be delivered to you with just a click.
Here are some of the top purchases at Philippine Medical Supplies.
- Oxygen Mask
- Bactigras Dressing
- Opsite, Post-op
- Convatec Colostomy Bag
- Gauze Pad Sterile
- Top Care Adult Diapers
- BP Apparatus Set
- Oxygen Regulator with Humidifier
- Dissecting Set
Philippine Medical Supplies has become the nation’s top medical supplier because of the easy access to hard to find equipment that consumers need. Moreover, transactions are quite easy and with your purchases sent to your doorstep through reliable shipping partners.
Whether you need medical supplies for your medical career, for education or for personal and family use, you can count on Philippine Medical Supplies to provide you with the top items.
Just check out their website and you will see that their prices are quite reasonable considering their top quality. And feedback on the transactions show why they became the number 1 medical supplier in the Philippines. So find your Littmann stethoscope and other needs priced just right at Philippine Medical Supplies. Visit them today.