After Childbirth – Proper Newborn care and biophysical Data recording with Infant Weighing Scale Mechanical, INMED
Put your nurse cap white on and let’s refresh ourselves with proper newborn care. The birth of a baby is certainly a miracle. Just imagine it came from inside a mother from a tiny clump of cells to a bawling baby boy or girl. Proper care must be taken to ensure the survival of the baby within the first 24 to 48 hours.
The First Cry
As the baby is delivered from the womb, amazing changes start to happen. The first cry signals the baby’s functioning lungs. Inside the womb, the lungs are not yet functioning and thus doesn’t a lot blood supply. The amazing process somehow times the baby’s birth so that the lungs are activated after delivery. Just imagine if the baby started breathing inside the womb. Depending on the hospital protocol, you can rest the baby for a while with the mother, or just allow the mother to see the baby before being wheeled to the newborn care station.
Dealing with the Cord
The umbilical cord is sealed with a cord clamp that’s near to the navel before it’s cut. There are a lot of literature out there that says to wait for the pulsations of the cord to stop before clamping and cutting. Others perform a milking technique to squeeze the blood into the baby. Everything depends on the protocol of the hospital you’re in.
The Importance of Warmth
Inside the womb, the baby is kept at a very nice and toasty body temperature of the mother. Once out of the womb, the differences in room temp and body temp might trigger shivering of the baby as he or she tries to maintain body temperature. The shivering requires a lot of oxygen and could put the baby into respiratory distress. Don’t underestimate warmth, it could mean a lot of difference in the survival of the baby. Always maintain warmth when transporting to the newborn care station, when cleaning off the baby or putting the baby on an infant weighing scale mechanical, INMED. Determine if the baby is small for gestational age (SGA) or full term.
Baby’s first Physical Check-up
Most nurses do their physical check-up of the baby while it’s on a weighing scale for convenience. The size of the head, body length and abdominal circumference are recorded for baseline statistics. Should there be abnormal increases or decreases will alert the Pediatric doctor of any problems. Other areas of the body are also checked. Using a digital thermometer, the anal temp is measured for a proper body temp reading as well as to check for anal imperforation. Eyes are not usually checked because they take some time developing but the ears can be checked with an Otoscope Pocket (LED), WELCH ALLYN 22880.
Cleaning Up and Rooming In
The baby will likely be covered in vernix caseosa. It’s a white, jelly-like substance that functions as lubricant to make childbirth easy. There will also be some blood, mucus and other secretions on the body of the baby. Proper newborn care must include the gentle cleaning of the baby and swaddling them and giving the baby to the mother for their first proper bonding and initiation of breastfeeding.
Dealing with Infant Jaundice
Unfortunately, there will be times when the baby has some problems that need to be taken cared of. The most common problem is infant jaundice. Sometimes the immature liver of the infant can’t handle the breakdown of fetal blood cells and their skin sometimes turns to yellow. An Infant Phototherapy Bilirubin, TRP100 might be needed to expose the baby to gentle UV light to facilitate the breakdown of bilirubin and turning the baby back to normal.
Be prepared for newborn care. Philippine Medical Supplies has all the equipment and medical supplies you need. Order online and get it delivered to your lying-in clinic or hospital.
Emergency kits like the Warrior Aid and Litter Kid (WALK) – NAR could mean a difference to a fatal wound. Emergency care for wounds like lacerations, avulsions, excisions and more need immediate care. It doesn’t have to be reparative surgery. Quick thinking and immediate response at the scene of the health incident can save the life of your patient.
How to Prepare yourself to Respond to Emergencies
Being prepared is a number one requirement. If you’re near the area, be ready with the necessary equipment. That’s why you should have your emergency kit at the ready. It should have the following basic supplies as well as supplies for advanced wound care if needed. But before that, you must learn some of the basics when dealing with emergencies.
- Survey the scene – The first step is to survey the area for any immediate danger. You can move the patient to a safer place before you can start any lifesaving procedures.
- Identify the patient – Tap the patient firmly enough to elicit- a response. You need proper ID to report to EMS. It also serves to check if your patient is conscious or not.
- Activate EMS – If you are just a passerby, call the EMS. You may be given instructions on what to do. An ambulance may be dispatched to your location.
- Stabilize the patient – This includes procedures like basic life support and wound stabilization.
Readying Equipment for Emergency Response
Before you can respond to any emergencies, you must prep your kit first. It should have the basic supplies to help with managing a patient with wounds. Commercial kits already have a set, but you could always make one of your own.
Basic Supplies in an Emergency Kit for Wound Care
- Sterile Water and Sterile Plain NSS – Very helpful in the washing of any debris. At least 500 ml should be in your bag which is enough for most emergencies.
- Bandages and Sterile Gauzes – Needed for putting pressure on wounds and covering them to prevent more contamination.
- Scissors – These are needed to help cut bandages, gauzes, and sutures. You should have bandage scissors, a Metzenbaum scissor (straight) or Mayo scissors.
- Antiseptics – Your kit should also have a skin cleanser and an antiseptic. Skin cleansers are strong cleaning agents that can help remove dirt and bacteria. Antiseptics, on the other hand, are formulated to keep bacteria from growing on a cleaned wound. These can be Betadine and 70% Ethyl alcohol.
- Sutures – In the case when pressure dressing does not work, you might need to at least close the wound or suture bleeders. You need the following in your bag. Silk 2/0 or 3/0 (6’s), Chromic Softcat B-Braun (12’s) and Vicryl 1 and 3/0 (2’s). These will provide you the basic sutures for any type of wounds
- O2 Sat device – Very helpful in determining tissue perfusion. You can check if the extremity involved has enough oxygen reaching them with a Pulse Oximeter, ROSSMAX. You can also monitor the pulse rate of the client.
- Plaster – A very useful equipment. Plasters or medical adhesives are like sticky tapes. They can be used to reinforce elastic bandages or hold gauzes in place. If you can’t suture wounds, plaster can be utilized to approximate the wounds close.
There are many more equipment and supplies that you can put in your emergency bag. For a list of medical supplies, Philippine Medical Supplies has it all. Just visit their website and get your order delivered to your home or clinic ASAP.
Accidents can happen anytime, and a bloody wound needs to be stabilized, preferably with a compressed gauze pad (NAR) to keep it from bleeding profusely. Wound care is a very important emergency skill that needs to be learned by everyone. If you’ve assessed the wound, you may have time yet to do other things before sealing it with compression dressing.
Proper Handwashing and Aseptic Techniques
As with any type of procedure, try to maintain aseptic techniques. The success of your emergency care also depends on the cleanliness of your hands and the whole procedure. If you have time, handwashing is the best way to reduce pathogens on your hands and arms. If not, then a quick rub with 70% ethyl alcohol will do just as fine. After that, quickly don a pay of powder-free latex gloves. The purpose of the gloves is to protect you, the care provider, from being infected with any blood-borne diseases.
Inspect the Wound First
A quick visual assessment of the wound is crucial to determine the steps you need to do. If there’s not clear light available, you can use a Head Lamp / Head Light (small) that attaches easily to your head. This will allow you maximum lighting to help you visualize the wound and see if there are any debris or objects that need to be removed. It will also show you if there’s active bleeding. Avoid breaking up clotted blood as an active bleeder might be under it.
Sterility is a Must with Any Wound
If the bleeding is now under control with a temporary tourniquet, you can now clean the wound. How a wound is treated initially will have an impact on its healing in the long run. If the bleeding is under control, wash the wound first with room temperature saline solution. If that’s not available, clean tap water or bottled water will do. Clean the edges with Ethyl Alcohol 70%, gallon which is enough to strip that area of any impurities and pathogens.
For the open cut, the clean tap water or bottled wash is enough. The important thing is to remove the as much foreign object and debris as you can without causing more bleeding. Avoid betadine or alcohol in the open wound itself to avoid any irritation of the healthy tissues. If the wound is too dirty, then a betadine wash can be used and then the wound has to be flushed a few times with water to remove irritants.
Covering the Wound
Once you’ve cleaned the wound, you can now cover it. The purpose of the cover is to keep pathogens out and to prevent the wound from being disturbed to avoid bleeding. In some cases, it’s to control the bleeding. A gauze S-rolled (NAR) can be used in conjunction with a compression gauze to help secure the wound.
Stock up on proper supplies for your emergency kit or keep your clinic or emergency room properly supplied with the best medical equipment that you can afford; Philippine Medical Supplies is just a click away. Order online and get your supplies delivered immediately.
Preterm and Low Birth Weight Infants: Management and Treatment with the Infant Phototherapy Bilirubin, TRP100
Becoming a parent is one of the best gifts you will ever be given in life. Having a little life grow inside you and come out to be a healthy human being is probably the best feeling in the world. Unfortunately, not all pregnancies end up like the one you envision, where everything is perfect. There can be premature births and low birth weight infants that can put a baby in danger. When this happens, you need all the management and treatment available, like the infant phototherapy bilirubin, TRP100, to get your baby out of harm’s way.
Management of Preterm and Low Birth Weight Infants
According to the World Health Organization, 15 million infants are born prematurely every year. This counts for more than 1 in 10 of all babies delivered daily worldwide. With this many cases, how are medical personnel managing the little ones in order to survive?
Here are some management options that doctors and other medical staff focus on for their tiny patients to get out of the danger zone and improve their health so they can grow big and healthy.
- Kangaroo mother care. You don’t have to graduate a medical course and wear a nurse cap white in order to deliver the best care for infants who need it. Mothers can provide the care that their infants need in order to survive and grow well. This management involves skin-to-skin contact between the mother and baby and frequent breastfeeding. And it has managed to greatly reduce the mortality rate according to hospital-based studies.
- Continued care by midwives. This model of care has a group of midwives working together to provide care for mothers in their antenatal, intrapartum and postnatal periods. And it has reduced the risk of prematurity by about 24%.
- Specific medical interventions. This would include providing treatment for increased bilirubin using the TRP100, pulse oximeter, ROSSMAX, to monitor oxygen saturation levels, antibiotic and fluid therapy, use of incubators and more. Depending on the needs of the infant, more or less treatment can be used.
As the pregnancy is a vital period in a woman’s life, appropriate steps should be taken to ensure that both mother and child stay healthy and safe throughout the and beyond the pregnancy.
For your medical needs, especially when your expected delivery date is nearing, Philippine Medical Supplies has everything. Be prepared and get your supplies online and have it delivered at your doorstep.
Hydrogen peroxide is a well-known antiseptic in the Philippines which people use to treat wounds and other skin conditions just by applying it directly on the affected area. While this has been the usual and commonly accepted practice done by non-medical people, proper knowledge about this substance should be known in order to avoid negative consequences. And when you learn more about it, you will start looking where to buy hydrogen peroxide Philippines and have a bottle of it at home.
All About Hydrogen Peroxide
What common folks know about hydrogen peroxide, or Rhea hydrogen peroxide as the top brand, is that it is an antiseptic used to clean wounds, cuts and other injury to the skin. While this is usually true, there are important considerations that people need to know in order to use this substance effectively and safely and to avoid harmful effects.
- Uses of hydrogen peroxide
– mild antiseptic used to prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
– may also be used as a mouth rinse to help remove mucus.
– or used to relieve minor mouth irritation such as cold sores.
Hydrogen peroxide works by releasing oxygen which causes foaming, thereby removing dead skin and cleansing the affected area.
- How to use hydrogen peroxide:
– on the skin: clean the area before using, then apply a small amount of product 1 to 3 times daily. Let the area dry before applying a bandage.
– as a mouth rinse: mix with an equal amount of water then swish around the mouth over the affected area for at least 1 minute and spit out.
- Precautions in using hydrogen peroxide:
– do not use to treat deep wounds, animal bites or burns.
– do not use in or near the eyes, or on large areas of skin.
– never swallow the substance.
– if any reaction apart from expected ones appear, consult your doctor.
Now, if you are asking where to buy hydrogen peroxide in the Philippines, the answer is Philippine Medical Supplies. You don’t have to go out and search stores and pharmacies for this useful item but simply open Philippine Medical Supplies on your browser and effortlessly order what you need. You will have your orders then delivered safely and in the best time, completing a smooth transaction.
Not only will you find your needed hydrogen peroxide at Philippine Medical Supplies but many more medical items that you will come to need at any time. Check out their website now and you may just find what you are looking for.
There are so many methods that you can use to sterilize things. One of these is boiling, which is quite effective for home use. However, in the medical setting, proper and effective sterilization is required for tools to deliver their purpose and prevent further injury to those needing their help, especially when it comes to infection. And one way to achieve full sterilization, and is a quite common method in hospitals, is by using the autoclave machine.
If you are not involved in the medical industry, you may not have heard of autoclaving. But if you are, you may be fully aware of this process.
Heads up and let us learn about autoclave sterilization so we can understand this process better, whether you are a part of the hospital team or not.
The Process of Autoclaving
An autoclave machine was brought into existence in 1879 when a need for a more reliable sterilization method than open flaming was acknowledged. After its invention, it became an essential part of every medical facility.
The autoclave machine is used to sterilize solids, liquids, hollows and any instrument in varying sizes and shapes, usually surgical instruments and laboratory equipment. Its mechanism of action is similar to that of the pressure cooker.
The sterilizing agent in autoclaving is steam. It uses its power, which is above boiling point, to kill bacteria and other substances that are resistant to boiling water. The optimal composition of steam int he autoclave machine is 3% liquid and 97% gas, and any change in this can alter the sterilization time.
There is a smaller kind of autoclave machine that looks much like the microwave oven and is commonly used in clinics, while the much bigger machine can be found in the central sterile department of hospitals and can sterilize numerous items in one cycle.
Knowing about the autoclave machine and its effectiveness in sterilizing important medical supplies will make you search for the best autoclave for sale Philippines.
Now, if you are indeed looking for the best autoclave price Philippines and get one for a hospital or a medical setting, Philippine Medical Supplies is the perfect place to look.
The nation’s top medical supplier will provide all the essentials you are looking for to complete the requirements in any medical facility it is needed. Expect hassle-free transaction and fast deliver when you make your purchase at Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.
You don’t need to work in the medical field to have knowledge about intravenous therapy and learn about it. Even housewives and students will find it to their advantage to be aware about this medical treatment as well as the materials needed to properly start it like the macroset IV kit and the IV fluids that the body needs. This knowledge can save a life. And it can be your family members and loved ones that you can save.
First up, let us learn what IV therapy is and why some people need it.
- IV therapy is the administration of fluid called a solution directly into a vein for therapeutic treatment of certain health conditions.
- Its main purposes are to provide fluids to the body to keep it hydrated and replace fluid and electrolyte loss, to administer drugs such as antibiotics over a period of time, and to administer blood products when blood loss is suffered.
- Starting an IV line requires an IV needle which varies in size depending on the patient’s vein and the purpose of the therapy. When the vein is inserted properly, a dextrose hose is attached to either a micro or macroset which is then connected to the IV solution.
Now, here are the most common IV solutions that you should take note of so you know which ones to use in emergencies.
- 9% Normal Saline or Plain NSS Dextrose– most common, works for hydration in cases of vomiting, diarrhea and hemorrhage. It is the only IV fluid that is compatible with blood products. It should be used with caution in patients cardiac or renal problems.
- Lactated Ringers or LR – it contains sodium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, and sodium lactate in sterile water. It is like the body’s plasma or serum and is often used for burn patients and those suffering from hypovolemia. It should be avoided in cases of liver disease.
- 5% Dextrose in Water – it contains glucose, which is utilized by the cells for energy, and leaves water in the body. It is often used in diabetic patients who are not allowed to eat or drink. However, it can lead to fluid overload so it should be avoid in cardiac and renal problems as well as increased intracranial pressure.
These are three of the most common IV fluids around, and some that you should know about so you can properly administer them even without medical personnel around. Your quick judgement and intervention can save a life. So be sure you get your supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies ready!
Breathing is a crucial ability of the human body that is needed to survive. When someone experiences difficulty in breathing, he undergoes inefficient gas exchange within the body which causes so many negative consequences. More often than not, this condition leads to coma or even death if not treated. Because of this, immediate intervention should be done. And one of the best ways to address this problem is to supply the oxygen that the body needs. This is where Owgels come in.
Oxygen therapy is the most common and effective way of addressing problems with breathing. And people should know that if one of their family members have a history of any condition where breathing becomes impaired, oxygen should be always available.
Conditions that would require oxygen therapy include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
When one of these conditions are experienced, breathing difficulty should be expected. It is only a matter of minutes before the symptoms go from worse to worst, and the patient may need to be intubated with the help of the Welch Allyn and placed on a ventilator. Therefore, oxygen should be on hand so you won’t need to transport the patient to a hospital or other medical settings.
However, you should know that when you keep a supply of oxygen at home, there are disadvantages. It can be quite inconvenient and dangerous, especially when family members are not aware of the precautions that having such an item on hand.
Fortunately, with the Owgels, this danger is eliminated. Owgels, or an oxygen concentrator, uses oxygen from the room, concentrates it and removes other gases to be able to use therapeutically. This device delivers the gas from the tank to a tube through nasal tubes, face masks or directly into the patient’s windpipe.
Having this medical device at home makes it easier for a patient suffering from breathing problems. But it is quite important the caregiver and everyone else at home knows the proper way to use owgels. It is also essential to have a manual resuscitator in case it is needed. The Ambu bag cost is much more affordable than other breathing apparatus, so it is a great option for such cases.
Information about Owgels and oxygen therapy is valuable, especially when a loved one needs this kind of treatment. Be knowledgeable about it as well as the best place to purchase these products and other bedridden patient supplies.
The nation’s top supplier would be Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.
Wheelchairs are designed to help those with mobility problems move with ease. However, this device can be quite expensive. Wheelchair price in the Philippines ranges from Php3000 to Php7000, depending on the type and its weight capacity. And that’s from the nation’s top medical supplier, Philippine Medical Supplies, where prices are the best. How much more when you get such an item from other suppliers? Its cost can be significantly higher.
But because some accidents cannot be avoided and there are a number of congenital conditions that require the use of wheelchairs and other such devices, finding the best-priced one is what you need to do. And purchasing it from Philippine Medical Supplies is your best option.
Once you have your wheelchair, you need to know the proper way to use it and how to position your patient effectively in order to be comfortable and prevent pain in the legs. Here’s what you should do to achieve this.
- Give support to the lower leg and use the wheelchair footrest brackets.
- Place the feet in the right position and avoid it from sliding off the footrests.
- Always lock the brakes before getting in and out of the wheelchair.
- Have your patient lean back while sitting on the wheelchair.
- Avoid sitting on the device for long hours.
- Provide a blanket for the legs because sitting on it for a while can cause the lower extremities to be colder than usual.
Improper positioning of the legs and the body, in general, can lead to contracted joints, pressure sores, and bruises. This is what you should avoid. If not, it will only add injury to what your patient already has.
Think of the blood circulation in your patient’s legs when using mobility aids. Learn about the electric massager Philippines and how to use it to improve circulation.
You might also want to use ankle support Philippines to provide more stability to the lower legs, especially when your patient starts to walk again.
If your patient is completely dependent on wheelchairs, it is better to have him wear Top Care adult diapers or use a device with a commode for ease of urinating or bowel movement.
These are the key points you need to have in mind when using a wheelchair is required. But first, you need to get the best device at the best price. Check out your options at Philippine Medical Supplies now and make use of the tips above in using it.
Get to Know the Common Problems Associated with the Use of Adult Diaper Philippines and How Not to Depend on Them
The use of adult diaper Philippines is getting more and more common each day. If people before are quite ashamed of using such items, today people find many uses for it and are not afraid to take advantage of its benefits.
Consider these situations where the adult diaper is beginning to establish its importance:
- Security employees or positions of the like
- Not comfortable with using public toilets
- Long, continuous road trips
However, one should not depend on such items for longer periods, or just for convenience. If your reason for using Top Care adult diapers is urinary or fecal incontinence, you should address the problem first and use diapers only when needed. After all, there are side effects or problems related to its use.
These problems include leakage, hygiene problems, diaper rash, and urinary tract infection. One should keep these in mind so as not to completely depend on the use of adult diapers and fix the problem, instead.
And you can achieve this by doing regular exercise, especially those that strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which are responsible for leaky bladders. Kegel exercises and pelvic floor physical therapy with a trained professional as well as commitment to these acts are what you need to help your bladder work well. Making use of electric massager Philippines can also help in stimulating these muscle groups.
Another thing that can help you stop the use of diapers is to eat a healthy diet that won’t let you suffer from constipation or diarrhea and won’t make you urinate often. You need to consult your doctor in order for you to develop a meal plan with this regards.
There are ways to avoid using an adult diaper and be healthier. But if you need to use one, there is no reason why you should not, especially when embarrassment is in your mind. Growing old and other health conditions are valid enough reasons. The diaper is even a part of bedridden patient supplies. So, use one when needed. Just make sure not to depend on it if you can.
And while you’re at it, get Top Care diapers, the best high quality diapers you can have, at Philippine Medical Supplies. You won’t stress yourself with the transaction and delivery when you purchase your medical items at Philippine Medical Supplies.
In the Philippines, where most of the population lead an active lifestyle, musculoskeletal problems are quite common. And one of the most common of these conditions are those that affect the ankles. Because of this, ankle support Philippines have become a popular prevention and treatment device. And it is just fortunate that it can be found and easily purchased at Philippine Medical Supplies.
What are the usual reasons why people have the need for an ankle support?
Below are some of the risk factors associated with ankle problems in our country. And if you don’t want to end up looking for wheelchair price in Philippines and spend your days confined to it, make sure you learn about these and try to prevent it as much as you can.
- Muscle and ligament fatigue
- Carrying too much weight
- Poor muscle conditioning
- No warm up prior to activities
If you happen to experience any problem with your ankles, try to identify if the risk factors involved are preventable or not. And make sure you steer clear of the reasons why you suffer an ankle sprain or strain.
Ankles supports help to minimize the inflammation that follows after an injury. They are used for compression and support either after and injury or as prevention for it.
Now, if you need to use an ankle support, do you now how to use it properly?
It is quite fortunate that these devices are now readily available and are more cost-effective than other treatment modalities. You only need to have the right knowledge to be able to provide relief to your condition instead of aggravating it. You might end up in bed, needing bedridden patient supplies if you don’t treat your condition the right way.
It is important to take preventive measures in order to keep your musculoskeletal system healthy and strong. After all, this is what moves you and takes you places. And the ankle support can help you achieve this. It is not just a treatment option.
Find out about this device at Philippine Medical Supplies now and check out other items such as the electric massager Philippines that can provide so many benefits.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplies. Expect a hassle-free transaction and delivery when you purchase your items from them. Check them out now.
Suffering from a condition that forced you to undergo surgery and coming out with a stoma on your stomach is a life-changing situation. And if that is not already hard enough, dealing with a complication from this status will make you go from worse to worst. To be able to cope, you need all the information you can get and learn how to manage your Convatec colostomy properly so you don’t have to suffer even more. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on with your life as you previously did.
First thing you need to do is learn about the complications that you can acquire if problems arise regarding your colostomy. Here are some of it.
- Parastomal hernia
- Stoma trauma
- Mucocutaeneous separation
- Stoma necrosis
- Stoma prolapse
- Stoma retraction
- Stoma stenosis
These complications can be very serious and would require urgent medical attention. Be sure to steer clear from them and manage your colostomy well if you don’t want to come face to face with a Welch Allyn 60813 for another operation.
- You need to identify the right type of colostomy bag for your stoma and know when and how to change it. Empty the bag to remove waste regularly. It would be better if you stick to a routine of changing and cleaning it.
- Avoid heavy lifting and support your abdomen when sneezing or coughing after your operation. You should be able to get back to your usual activities and fully recover after at least 3 months.
- Be careful with your diet especially if you are in public. Some food can cause a smelly feces and you would not want to deal with it in a place with lots of people. You can make use of charcoal filters of pouch deodorizers, though.
- Don’t irritate the skin around your stoma. Keep it clean and dry especially when changing the bag. You can use protective creams to prevent skin complications.
It is common to struggle with handling your colostomy at first. After all, you are not familiar with it yet. You can always use Top Care adult diapers to prevent leakage until you get things under control.
Have all the supplies you need to manage your stoma properly. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies to get them. You can get your colostomy bags, diapers, and even an Omron Stimulator if you need it.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. They ensure stress-free transactions and safe delivery of your items in the soonest time possible. Check them out now.