Most pregnant women, especially first-time moms, are very excited when it comes to preparing their OB bag when their expected delivery date comes close. But sometimes, in their excitement, they get their things ready way ahead of time. And this leads to some important things being left behind when you rush to the hospital at the start of labor pains.
To avoid going back to your house and retrieve what you have forgotten, we have gathered some tips from actual mothers who got their preparation on point.
Preparing your OB Bag
Are you all set for the big day? Have you prepared everything you will need, as well as your baby’s?
You don’t need to bring that mosquito forcep or that bandage scissors, though. You should prepare what’s in this checklist, instead.
- Mother’s Bag
- IDs and other important documents such as medical records and insurance papers
- Comfortable clothes, preferably simple dresses with front opening
- A couple of underwear and bras
- Slippers and socks
- Toiletries like your deodorant, shampoo and conditioner, lotion and other things you use daily
- Personal items like toothbrush and hairbrush
- Adult diapers or maternity pads
- Some snacks and water
- Baby’s Bag
- Baby clothes, especially bodysuits
- Mittens and booties
- Baby hat or bonnet
- Receiving blanket
- Going home outfit
- Baby wipes and diapers
- Feeding bottles and pacifier (although breastfeeding will be firmly encouraged)
Yes, you don’t need a Kelly forcep or any other medical instrument. The hospital will take care of that.
What you need are the above. And, ideally, you should start packing your baby bag at 36 weeks of gestation or during your 8th month, just in case you go into labor early. Just make sure you do another run-through of the checklist above so you bring last-minute essentials, your toothbrush, for one.
Now that you are armed with everything you need, you only have to welcome your baby with a big smile.
But if you have a long way to go and have some things you still need to get, just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and you will surely find what you are looking for. From breast pumps to diapers, you only have to search for it at the nation’s top medical supplier and you can have it delivered right at your doorstep. So, do check them out now.