Personal safety is a priority when you are in the medical field. You don’t always know what kind of diseases you are exposed to, especially in the emergency area. You can come face to face with a contagious diseases that can cost you your health. This is why wearing personal protective equipment like a lab gown and gloves is crucial.
Personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as PPE, are those equipment worn to prevent or minimize the harmful effects of certain hazards that you may encounter in your workplace, especially when you are in the medical industry where many things can lead to a dangerous health situation. enter
These equipment gloves, safety glasses or goggles, face masks or respirators, and lab gowns or coveralls.
Specifically, these equipment provide these benefits to the one wearing them.
- Eye and face protection. Safety goggles, masks and the like offer protection to the face where harmful material can come in contact with. These PPE, when worn effectively, is quite important since substances that can cause serious diseases can enter the eyes, mouth, nose and ears and get into your bloodstream.
Take, for example, handling a Convatec colostomy, where you come in contact with another person’s body wastes. If you don’t protect yourself and wear PPE, you will certainly acquire bacteria found in these wastes and fall ill.
- Hand and skin protection. As a medical practitioner, you are also exposed to certain chemicals, especially if you are assigned in the laboratory. Some of these chemicals can cause burns. When handling these substances in test tubes and using a single test tube holder, gloves are necessary so you don’t suffer when something goes amiss.
Cleaning substances with potent chemicals like the Cidex solution would also require you to wear gloves and full PPE so as not to acquire damage to your skin. This is a common scenario in the operating room where staff cleans and sterilizes items used during surgery.
Wearing PPE is required in the workplace when you are exposed to environmental hazards. It is not only hospitals that require them but also construction sites and other working areas.
Be sure to protect yourself and get the best PPE that will protect you well from Philippine Medical Supplies. The nation’s top supplier will make sure to deliver your things right at your doorstep. Check out the products that they have now.
Every student goes through practical tests. But the chemistry practical test can be a pretty challenging one. If you are soon to partake in such exams, learn some hacks on using devices such as the single test tube holder and other items, especially the ones used in titration. With these tips on taking on the chemistry practical test, you are sure to ace it.
- There are usually names of laboratory items and tips on using them on the back of your chemistry books. Look them up and apply them in your exam.
- Take your time during the exam, read the instructions carefully and think about what you need to do before actually doing it.
- Inspect your items before use. You may be given damaged materials with breaks and chips that can cause spills.
- In titrating, use your left hand on the burette to let tiny drops out and your right hand on your solution.
- Always handle your test tubes and beakers with care. Don’t directly touch anything with hot liquid or chemicals in it.
- Glass tubes, pipettes and rods are easy to break. Don’t use too much force with them, wear gloves and twist them into place instead of using other motions.
- Label your work!
And don’t forget to make your safety a priority. Always wear personal protective equipment such as a lab gown, gloves and goggles. Chemicals can be hazardous when they come in contact with your bare skin. Don’t suffer the consequences of handling them without the proper gear.
Once you’re done with your exam, help out and clean the items used. Some schools have their own portable autoclave machine for items that need sterilizing and autoclaving. If you know how to use the device, offer your assistance.
Otherwise, you can clean the things you used as you would others, or use Cidex solution if you must.
Practical tests are a part of every student’s life. You don’t have to stress to much about it like some students do. Study, practice and use the tips above and you will soon pass with flying colors.
Take time to practice with devices and tools from Philippine Medical Supplies and you will be quite familiar with each item’s use and how to use it properly during your exams. This assures you of having a good mark, if not having the best. Check out the most common things you utilize on your chemistry class and get them from Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Medical supplies and equipment are a very important part of procedure in any health care facility and even in homes, which is why it is important these things get cleaned and sterilized well with a portable autoclave machine or any other way before being used. Improper cleaning of these medical devices can lead to harm, instead of the good.
Now, let us learn the ways of cleaning and sterilizing equipments with different methods, such as using the Cidex solution, so that it provides its purpose and not the other way around.
Cleaning Medical Equipment and Devices
There are many ways of cleaning medical supplies so that they achieve a level of cleanliness that is best for usage in the medical and other settings that can impact our health. But there are other items, such as those used in surgeries whether minor or major procedures, that warrants a material to be sterilized before using again. An example of these medical devices that need proper cleaning would be the Welch Allyn 60813.
Let us now learn the ways of keeping our medical items clean and ready to use.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning. From its name, it uses ultrasound and a cleaning solvent to clean items. The items need to be manually cleaned first and then placed on the cleaner, being completely submerged in the solvent, and cleaned for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Automatic Washer Sterilizers. These are modified steam sterilizers that should be followed according to manufacturer’s instructions to achieve proper cleaning and sterilization. But you need to make sure the instruments are lubricated after last rinse cycle and before sterilization cycle.
- Autoclaving. Whether you use a portable autoclave machine or a standard one, you can autoclave instruments one by one or in groups. This machine usually utilizes steam sterilization for cleaning. It is important that you do not overload the machine because steam cannot penetrate and properly sterilize items if this happens.
- Cold Sterilization. This process makes instruments sterile only after a 10-hour immersion. It is used if disinfection is needed rather than sterilization, just like for the single test tube holder and such items.
These methods can be used for different medical instruments and equipment. You need to be aware on what process is best for the items you need to clean.
Many cleaning agents and sterilization machines are available today for using even at home. If you need such things, you can just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and search for it. You can then expect a hassle-free transaction and smooth delivery right at your doorstep. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Being a student, whether for a medical career or not, requires familiarity and knowledge about certain laboratory items such as the test tubes and single test tube holder, beakers and more. In high school, you will need introduction to these things in preparation for college. And in college, specific courses will have you dealing with these items on a daily basis. More so when you enter a medical course and get into the medical field.
With the countless medical and laboratory supplies used in school and in the medical field, you will definitely need a head start in learning about them, especially if you plan on having a medical career.
Common Laboratory Items in School
Subjects in school such as chemistry and physics require passing a practical exam in order to get an average to high mark. Failing these tests is not an option. Practical exams are a prerequisite to graduation.
And you will be happy to acquire knowledge from these once you enter your choice of career.
So, aside from the lab gown, what are the common laboratory equipment that you need to have and familiarize yourself with?
- Test tubes and test tube holders – items used for mixing chemicals and monitoring a reaction.
- Beakers and flasks – used for holding and measuring fluids and chemicals.
- Petri dish – glass or plastic lidded dish used to culture cells.
- Portable autoclave machine – a device used for steam sterilizing equipment and objects.
- Burette – used for transferring fluids, especially in titrations.
These some of the most common items and equipment that students get exposed to in some of their subjects.
You will also need to learn how to clean your supplies with Cidex, an effective, high level disinfection solution. Proper and safe use of this disinfectant is needed to achieve sterilization, especially when students use it.
If you plan to become a medical technologist, scientist or other science and medical profession, you need not only learn about them but have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of their uses. It would be even better to have your own supplies of laboratory items. And you can get all these at Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top supplier of medical items and equipment. You will find all that you need for your school’s practical exams and for you career from this high quality and hassle-free supplier. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The many uses and increasing people who need the assistance of mobility aids has prompted the search for wheelchair price in Philippines. Medical supplies and equipment suppliers can readily answer queries regarding these, but do you know where to find the best and high quality equipment for your medical needs?
Philippine Medical Supplies is the country’s leading supplier of all your medical needs. And they’re just a click away.
For now, let’s learn about the different mobility aids that’s available for your different needs.
Mobility aids are those devices used to help people who have problems moving around. A wheelchair is one of these devices and is considered one of the many bedridden patients supplies. These aids give greater freedom to patients and help them achieve independence.
Here are some of the most common mobility aids today.
- Canes – supports the body’s weight and helps transmit the load from the legs to the upper body. It is helpful for those who have trouble with balance and are at risk for falling.
- Crutches – help keep a person upright and transfer weight from the legs to the upper body. It is very useful as an ankle support Philippines.
- Walkers – have four legs that provide stability and support to the user. It is extremely helpful for people with limited arm strength.
- Wheelchairs – are chairs with wheels which used by people who are unable to walk or should not put weight on their lower limbs.
Benefits of Mobility Aids
Anyone with a mobility issue can benefit from the uses that mobility aids bring.
Sickness or any condition that interferes with a person’s ability to move around, such as cerebral palsy and injuries to the extremities, find these devices quite helpful. The elderly can also benefit greatly from mobility aids.
Knowing these, it is best to keep one of these things around at all times. You will never know when you’re gonna use it. And it’s better to be prepared.
And for the best mobility aids and wheelchairs, Philippine Medical Supplies has it all. You may also want to know about medical supplies for school such as the single test tube holder, beakers and other devices. So check out these supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies now.