Medical supplies and equipment are a very important part of procedure in any health care facility and even in homes, which is why it is important these things get cleaned and sterilized well with a portable autoclave machine or any other way before being used. Improper cleaning of these medical devices can lead to harm, instead of the good.
Now, let us learn the ways of cleaning and sterilizing equipments with different methods, such as using the Cidex solution, so that it provides its purpose and not the other way around.
Cleaning Medical Equipment and Devices
There are many ways of cleaning medical supplies so that they achieve a level of cleanliness that is best for usage in the medical and other settings that can impact our health. But there are other items, such as those used in surgeries whether minor or major procedures, that warrants a material to be sterilized before using again. An example of these medical devices that need proper cleaning would be the Welch Allyn 60813.
Let us now learn the ways of keeping our medical items clean and ready to use.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning. From its name, it uses ultrasound and a cleaning solvent to clean items. The items need to be manually cleaned first and then placed on the cleaner, being completely submerged in the solvent, and cleaned for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Automatic Washer Sterilizers. These are modified steam sterilizers that should be followed according to manufacturer’s instructions to achieve proper cleaning and sterilization. But you need to make sure the instruments are lubricated after last rinse cycle and before sterilization cycle.
- Autoclaving. Whether you use a portable autoclave machine or a standard one, you can autoclave instruments one by one or in groups. This machine usually utilizes steam sterilization for cleaning. It is important that you do not overload the machine because steam cannot penetrate and properly sterilize items if this happens.
- Cold Sterilization. This process makes instruments sterile only after a 10-hour immersion. It is used if disinfection is needed rather than sterilization, just like for the single test tube holder and such items.
These methods can be used for different medical instruments and equipment. You need to be aware on what process is best for the items you need to clean.
Many cleaning agents and sterilization machines are available today for using even at home. If you need such things, you can just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and search for it. You can then expect a hassle-free transaction and smooth delivery right at your doorstep. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Being a student, whether for a medical career or not, requires familiarity and knowledge about certain laboratory items such as the test tubes and single test tube holder, beakers and more. In high school, you will need introduction to these things in preparation for college. And in college, specific courses will have you dealing with these items on a daily basis. More so when you enter a medical course and get into the medical field.
With the countless medical and laboratory supplies used in school and in the medical field, you will definitely need a head start in learning about them, especially if you plan on having a medical career.
Common Laboratory Items in School
Subjects in school such as chemistry and physics require passing a practical exam in order to get an average to high mark. Failing these tests is not an option. Practical exams are a prerequisite to graduation.
And you will be happy to acquire knowledge from these once you enter your choice of career.
So, aside from the lab gown, what are the common laboratory equipment that you need to have and familiarize yourself with?
- Test tubes and test tube holders – items used for mixing chemicals and monitoring a reaction.
- Beakers and flasks – used for holding and measuring fluids and chemicals.
- Petri dish – glass or plastic lidded dish used to culture cells.
- Portable autoclave machine – a device used for steam sterilizing equipment and objects.
- Burette – used for transferring fluids, especially in titrations.
These some of the most common items and equipment that students get exposed to in some of their subjects.
You will also need to learn how to clean your supplies with Cidex, an effective, high level disinfection solution. Proper and safe use of this disinfectant is needed to achieve sterilization, especially when students use it.
If you plan to become a medical technologist, scientist or other science and medical profession, you need not only learn about them but have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of their uses. It would be even better to have your own supplies of laboratory items. And you can get all these at Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top supplier of medical items and equipment. You will find all that you need for your school’s practical exams and for you career from this high quality and hassle-free supplier. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The many uses and increasing people who need the assistance of mobility aids has prompted the search for wheelchair price in Philippines. Medical supplies and equipment suppliers can readily answer queries regarding these, but do you know where to find the best and high quality equipment for your medical needs?
Philippine Medical Supplies is the country’s leading supplier of all your medical needs. And they’re just a click away.
For now, let’s learn about the different mobility aids that’s available for your different needs.
Mobility aids are those devices used to help people who have problems moving around. A wheelchair is one of these devices and is considered one of the many bedridden patients supplies. These aids give greater freedom to patients and help them achieve independence.
Here are some of the most common mobility aids today.
- Canes – supports the body’s weight and helps transmit the load from the legs to the upper body. It is helpful for those who have trouble with balance and are at risk for falling.
- Crutches – help keep a person upright and transfer weight from the legs to the upper body. It is very useful as an ankle support Philippines.
- Walkers – have four legs that provide stability and support to the user. It is extremely helpful for people with limited arm strength.
- Wheelchairs – are chairs with wheels which used by people who are unable to walk or should not put weight on their lower limbs.
Benefits of Mobility Aids
Anyone with a mobility issue can benefit from the uses that mobility aids bring.
Sickness or any condition that interferes with a person’s ability to move around, such as cerebral palsy and injuries to the extremities, find these devices quite helpful. The elderly can also benefit greatly from mobility aids.
Knowing these, it is best to keep one of these things around at all times. You will never know when you’re gonna use it. And it’s better to be prepared.
And for the best mobility aids and wheelchairs, Philippine Medical Supplies has it all. You may also want to know about medical supplies for school such as the single test tube holder, beakers and other devices. So check out these supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies now.