Medical supplies and equipment are a very important part of procedure in any health care facility and even in homes, which is why it is important these things get cleaned and sterilized well with a portable autoclave machine or any other way before being used. Improper cleaning of these medical devices can lead to harm, instead of the good.
Now, let us learn the ways of cleaning and sterilizing equipments with different methods, such as using the Cidex solution, so that it provides its purpose and not the other way around.
Cleaning Medical Equipment and Devices
There are many ways of cleaning medical supplies so that they achieve a level of cleanliness that is best for usage in the medical and other settings that can impact our health. But there are other items, such as those used in surgeries whether minor or major procedures, that warrants a material to be sterilized before using again. An example of these medical devices that need proper cleaning would be the Welch Allyn 60813.
Let us now learn the ways of keeping our medical items clean and ready to use.
- Ultrasonic Cleaning. From its name, it uses ultrasound and a cleaning solvent to clean items. The items need to be manually cleaned first and then placed on the cleaner, being completely submerged in the solvent, and cleaned for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Automatic Washer Sterilizers. These are modified steam sterilizers that should be followed according to manufacturer’s instructions to achieve proper cleaning and sterilization. But you need to make sure the instruments are lubricated after last rinse cycle and before sterilization cycle.
- Autoclaving. Whether you use a portable autoclave machine or a standard one, you can autoclave instruments one by one or in groups. This machine usually utilizes steam sterilization for cleaning. It is important that you do not overload the machine because steam cannot penetrate and properly sterilize items if this happens.
- Cold Sterilization. This process makes instruments sterile only after a 10-hour immersion. It is used if disinfection is needed rather than sterilization, just like for the single test tube holder and such items.
These methods can be used for different medical instruments and equipment. You need to be aware on what process is best for the items you need to clean.
Many cleaning agents and sterilization machines are available today for using even at home. If you need such things, you can just visit Philippine Medical Supplies and search for it. You can then expect a hassle-free transaction and smooth delivery right at your doorstep. Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The Ambu bag cost in the Philippines is widely researched because of its importance in emergency cases. Not only is it used in the hospital setting or in medical centers, but also in homes, schools and offices.
Since emergencies cannot be predicted and more and more people are having breathing problems, it is only understandable that you should have an Ambu bag on hand. You will never know when you will face an emergency where you need to resuscitate someone.
And so, knowing about the Ambu bag is essential in this age.
All About The Ambu Bag
Although the Ambu bag is not known to everyone, most people know its importance in cases of medical emergencies, especially when you or a family member have been admitted in the hospital setting. This tool, which is a squeezable bag with a face mask, is known to help people breathe.
If you ever had a patient who needed resuscitation in the hospital setting, you may have been exposed to the Welch Allyn 60813. This is a laryngoscope that is used to attach a tube to a patient’s trachea to facilitate breathing by squeezing air into the lungs. The tube is then connected to the Ambu bag for manual breathing or attached to a ventilator.
Having an oxygen and owgels available is a plus.
The Ambu bag can definitely save a life since it helps in the vital task of breathing.
However, proper use of this device should be known in order to get the expected benefit.
- You need to position the patient properly.
- An appropriately-size mask is essential to deliver the right amount of air.
- The mask should be sealed to the patient’s face.
- Ventilate the patient immediately.
With this knowledge, you can help save someone whose breathing has been compromised.
You do need to clean the Ambu bag very well and use a portable autoclave machine for the device as it is needed to effectively sterilize it. The Ambu bag costs from Php 2,200 on Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier which offers quality materials at the right prices. Visit their website today to know more about their company and the products available at their website.
Check out Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Being a student, whether for a medical career or not, requires familiarity and knowledge about certain laboratory items such as the test tubes and single test tube holder, beakers and more. In high school, you will need introduction to these things in preparation for college. And in college, specific courses will have you dealing with these items on a daily basis. More so when you enter a medical course and get into the medical field.
With the countless medical and laboratory supplies used in school and in the medical field, you will definitely need a head start in learning about them, especially if you plan on having a medical career.
Common Laboratory Items in School
Subjects in school such as chemistry and physics require passing a practical exam in order to get an average to high mark. Failing these tests is not an option. Practical exams are a prerequisite to graduation.
And you will be happy to acquire knowledge from these once you enter your choice of career.
So, aside from the lab gown, what are the common laboratory equipment that you need to have and familiarize yourself with?
- Test tubes and test tube holders – items used for mixing chemicals and monitoring a reaction.
- Beakers and flasks – used for holding and measuring fluids and chemicals.
- Petri dish – glass or plastic lidded dish used to culture cells.
- Portable autoclave machine – a device used for steam sterilizing equipment and objects.
- Burette – used for transferring fluids, especially in titrations.
These some of the most common items and equipment that students get exposed to in some of their subjects.
You will also need to learn how to clean your supplies with Cidex, an effective, high level disinfection solution. Proper and safe use of this disinfectant is needed to achieve sterilization, especially when students use it.
If you plan to become a medical technologist, scientist or other science and medical profession, you need not only learn about them but have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of their uses. It would be even better to have your own supplies of laboratory items. And you can get all these at Philippine Medical Supplies.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top supplier of medical items and equipment. You will find all that you need for your school’s practical exams and for you career from this high quality and hassle-free supplier. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The electric massager Philippines offers relaxation and convenience in just a small device. That is one of the reasons why its use has been steadily increasing. Being able to stay at home and experience the comfort and relaxation of a massage without the need for massage therapists is one thing that many people crave in this fast-paced world.
But what is an electric massager? How does it work? Does it provide other benefits aside from relaxation?
Let’s learn about this helpful innovative tool now.
The Electric Massager
An electric massager is a hand-held device for self-massage. It provides, soothing or vigorous palpating and rolling actions with different intensities which is ideal for home use or on the go. It eliminates the need to go to spa centers or a massage therapist.
What are the benefits of using this modern device? Read on to find out.
- Benefits of an electric massager:
– It provides relaxation and relief from stress. Electric massagers come in different shapes and sizes and have different levels of intensity that can suit any need. It can even be one of the many bedridden patient supplies because of the benefits it can give to someone confined to the bed. The vibrations produce by the massager definitely provides relaxation and relieves stress on the muscles.
– I helps relieve pain. The electric massager is ideal when you’re looking to relieve pain, just like the Omron Stimulator. This device soothes affected nerves and muscles and improve circulation of the blood, thereby relieving pain associated with sitting or standing for too long and other causes.
– It is convenient and affordable. You don’t have to go looking for a massage therapist or go to a spa when you feel the need for a massage. By having the electric massager, you can have a massage anywhere, at anytime. Plus, it is an affordable alternative to some massage modalities.
With all these benefits, many choose to have the massager at home. But be careful in using this device, though.
- Adverse effects of the electric massager:
– Potential stroke
– Worsening effect
It is important to understand how the electric massage works and how to use it effectively and safely before using it. Learn about it and the different prices for different styles now, as well as other supplies like the portable autoclave machine.
Find the electric massager and medical supplies like the wheelchair, Convatec colostomy and patient supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top supplier of all things medical. Check them out now.
Cidex solution has been one of the most trusted sterilizing agents in the medical field. It is frequently used for cleaning and sterilizing medical tools especially those used in the operating room. And medical personnel, whether you’re a doctor, nurse or hospital staff, have the proper knowledge on the use of this chemical disinfectant. More so if you’re a student looking to work in hospitals and the like.
Cidex is a high level disinfectant for immersible items. It is necessary for the item to be disinfected to come in full contact with the Cidex solution, not leaving any surface of the item unsubmerged in it.
Containing 2.4% glutaraldehyde, which is a colorless liquid with pungent odor, Cidex is one of the most trusted disinfectant in hospitals and clinics because of its characteristics.
- It achieves high level disinfection in 20 minutes at 20°C making it highly effective.
- It is a long lasting solution which is reusable for up to 14 days and can be monitored with Cidex Solution Test Strips.
- It is compatible with and can be used on a wide range of instruments including the Welch Allyn 60813.
Cidex can safely and effectively disinfect different instruments, including those made of aluminum, brass, copper, stainless steel and plastics. And is highly effective against bacteria, mycobacteria, fungi and viruses.
Proper Sterilization Process
There are many disinfecting solutions used in medical institutions for the safety of patients, medical practitioners and staff. Proper disinfection and sterilization, not only of medical equipment and tools but also of patients’ rooms and certain areas of the hospital are required to be able to fully provide the effective and appropriate treatment that clients deserve.
To completely eradicate bacteria and other disease causing organisms, proper disinfection with Cidex and a portable autoclave machine is essential. Then, strictly follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the solution’s label.
- Clean the items to be sterilized before sterilizing to ensure effectiveness.
- The recommended soaking time is within 10-45 minutes.
- Completely immerse the items to be disinfected in the solution.
- Rinse the equipment in sterile water after soaking in Cidex and protect from re-contamination until used.
Prior to the sterilization process, safety of the personnel should be observed. Personal safety or protective equipment must be worn at all times. This will include a lab gown, rubber gloves, eye shields and a face mask.
We should always be armed with adequate knowledge when handling chemical products. And to ensure safety, only use products from trusted companies.
Find the best disinfectants and other medical supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies and be assured of a hassle-free transaction and quality items. Check them out now.