Suffering from a condition that forced you to undergo surgery and coming out with a stoma on your stomach is a life-changing situation. And if that is not already hard enough, dealing with a complication from this status will make you go from worse to worst. To be able to cope, you need all the information you can get and learn how to manage your Convatec colostomy properly so you don’t have to suffer even more. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on with your life as you previously did.
First thing you need to do is learn about the complications that you can acquire if problems arise regarding your colostomy. Here are some of it.
- Parastomal hernia
- Stoma trauma
- Mucocutaeneous separation
- Stoma necrosis
- Stoma prolapse
- Stoma retraction
- Stoma stenosis
These complications can be very serious and would require urgent medical attention. Be sure to steer clear from them and manage your colostomy well if you don’t want to come face to face with a Welch Allyn 60813 for another operation.
- You need to identify the right type of colostomy bag for your stoma and know when and how to change it. Empty the bag to remove waste regularly. It would be better if you stick to a routine of changing and cleaning it.
- Avoid heavy lifting and support your abdomen when sneezing or coughing after your operation. You should be able to get back to your usual activities and fully recover after at least 3 months.
- Be careful with your diet especially if you are in public. Some food can cause a smelly feces and you would not want to deal with it in a place with lots of people. You can make use of charcoal filters of pouch deodorizers, though.
- Don’t irritate the skin around your stoma. Keep it clean and dry especially when changing the bag. You can use protective creams to prevent skin complications.
It is common to struggle with handling your colostomy at first. After all, you are not familiar with it yet. You can always use Top Care adult diapers to prevent leakage until you get things under control.
Have all the supplies you need to manage your stoma properly. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies to get them. You can get your colostomy bags, diapers, and even an Omron Stimulator if you need it.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. They ensure stress-free transactions and safe delivery of your items in the soonest time possible. Check them out now.
It wasn’t long before people had to suffer chronic pain and depend on pain medications or medical procedures for relief. Thanks to advancement in technology, people can now manage pain themselves and use devices such as the Omron Stimulator to reduce the pain and carry on with their lives.
Let us learn about the self-managing pain relief devices that are available for people suffering this condition.
The Omron Tens stimulator is a small device that is attached to the skin by wires and sticky pads, and transmits electrical pulses capable of relieving pain. It is easy to use, well-tolerated and void of side effects when used properly.
2.Heat Therapy System.
This non-invasive procedure delivers heat throughout the circulatory system to reduce thickness of the blood thus improving circulation and relieving muscle pain.
3.Therapeutic Electric Massager.
Electric massager Philippines swear by the pain relief that the therapeutic massager provides. It relaxes tense muscles and improve blood circulation thereby relieving pain.
4.Light Therapy. The near-infrared light therapy device provides fast pain relief by acting on the body’s natural biochemical processes. Because of this stimulation, endorphins are released which help inhibit pain signals.
5.Electromagnetic Field Therapy. The electromagnetic pulses from this device delivers pain relief, as well as promote joint and muscle recovery.
6.Clinical Strength Therapy. This device, worn on the upper calf, activates the body’s own natural pain blockers leading to widespread pain relief.
Being able to manage pain on your own is a great achievement. You don’t even have to look for ankle support Philippines if you can’t stand anymore because of the pain. Plus, the convenience it brings is something that people with chronic pain is greatly thankful for.
You don’t have to depend on pain medications, invasive procedures and other medical treatments , oxygen and owgels even, just to get through the day when pain attacks. You can easily sit it down and manage it on your own. That’s the kind of treatment patients today look for. And the devices for these are readily available.
You only have to visit Philippine Medical Supplies to find the perfect device for your self-management and you’re good to go. Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top supplier of all things medical. Visit them today.
The electric massager Philippines is a popular wellness and relaxation tool that many busy-bodies want to have. Most people prefer it compared to the wellness treatments offered by different spa centers and clinics since it is quite handy and they can take it along with them wherever they go. As we all know, a lot of people are quite busy and don’t have the luxury of time to spend on an hour or so of wellness services.
But aside from the relaxation that the electric massager provides, there are a number of benefits that this handy tool offers. Unfortunately, a lot of its users are not aware of these benefits. They just use the massager because of the wonderful feeling it gives tired and aching muscles.
These benefits are what this article is all about. Read on to find out what these are.
Benefits of Using the Electric Massager
Pain relief. It stimulates the nerves thereby releasing natural pain chemicals in the body making it an ideal natural pain relief therapy.
Helps repair damaged tissues. By improving blood circulation, the massager rejuvenates cells and revitalizes damaged tissues.
No side effects. Compared to other medical treatments, this wellness treatment has no known side effects when used moderately.
Affordable pain therapy. The electric massager is a more affordable form of pain relief therapy. No need for drugs and other devices such as the Omron stimulator.
Provides relaxation. The most sought-after benefit of the electric massager would be the relaxation it provides. And you can take advantage of it anywhere, at home, school, work, even when you are still in your lab gown.
Easy to use. As a simple and handy device, the electric massager is quite easy to manipulate, making it suitable for all people to use.
With all these benefits, even the busiest of persons can afford to take some time, effort and money off to reap them from the electric massager. It can even be used to treat patients and the elderly to some pampering massage, unless it is contraindicated.
Would you like to have it as a part of bedridden patient supplies for your loved ones? Because you certainly can and your patient would be quite grateful for it. Ask your physician about this.
And for the best electric massager available, just visit Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top medical supplier. You don’t have to worry about the transaction and delivery because with them, these are all hassle-free. Check them out now.
There will come a time in our lives where we will need to use Top Care adult diapers, no matter if it is for a short time or longer, and for whatever reason you may need it for. However, most commonly, adults use these diapers when incontinence strikes them. Growing old may be the main reason why people lose control over their bladders and bowels, but there are also other situations that warrant the use of this item.
While adult diapers may be considered one of the most common bedridden patient supplies, it can also be used by younger adults. Incontinence can be experienced by anyone.
When you are unable to control your bladder, you have what is called urinary incontinence. And it can be quite uncomfortable, not to mention, humiliating because it can get in the way at the most unexpected time. Leakage happens with a little bit of a sneeze, cough or even laughter.
Bowel incontinence, on the other hand, comes from a person’s inability to control his bowels causing unexpected leakage of fecal matter from the rectum. And this is even more embarrassing. Fortunately, there are treatments and procedures that can help with this condition.
Let us now learn how one gets incontinence so we will know how to treat and take care of them effectively.
- Fecal incontinence may be caused by diarrhea or constipation.
- It may also be due to muscle or nerve damage on the bowels which may be associated with aging or giving birth.
- On another note, causes of urinary incontinence may include certain drugs, food and drinks.
- It may also come from having a urinary tract infection, pregnancy and childbirth, as well as specific surgical operations.
So, when a loved one suffers from incontinence, your understanding is highly appreciated. And what better way to show it than making it easier and more comfortable for them. Learn how to apply diapers properly and follow adult diaper Philippines recommendations in changing diapers.
Making use of an Omron stimulator or electric massager will not only make it more comfortable for your patient but will also help stimulate the bladder and bowels to function properly. But you should always proceed with caution in using certain devices and never forget to consult your doctor.
Now, Top Care diapers are the best when it comes to this purpose. Get your supply from the nation’s leading supplier of all things medical, Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now for a smooth transaction and reliable delivery service.
A disease that affects the colon, rectum or anus usually leads to the patient having a Convatec colostomy. However, many are not aware of this condition and the resulting colostomy that the patient has to have for a long time, even for life. This ignorance causes poor self-esteem on the part of the patient and contributes to depression.
Let’s learn all about the colostomy and help those who have it feel more optimistic about their condition.
What Causes a Colostomy?
A colostomy is actually a treatment and not a condition. When the body’s colon, rectum and anus, which are the ones responsible for eliminating solid waste material from the body, cannot function well, they need to stop working and rest. The body then has to find another way to remove wastes.
And this is where having a colostomy helps.
- A colostomy is an opening, called a stoma, that connects the colon to the surface of the abdomen.
- This opening provides a new route for waste material and gas to leave the body.
- A colostomy can be temporary or permanent.
- Proper care of the colostomy site is needed to maintain its function and prevent infection, which is a complication you don’t want to have.
- You won’t need Top Care adult diapers if you have a colostomy.
How Will Having a Colostomy Change Your Life?
Contrary to what most people believe, a colostomy is not a bedridden patient supplies. Anyone can have a condition that will require a colostomy, a child, an adult or an elderly.
So what changes does this condition bring to your life?
- Yo won’t have to stay in the hospital after surgery as long as you know how to manage your colostomy. You can continue your normal routine provided it won’t interfere with your stoma.
- You can participate in any activity provided your colostomy can take the contact. You can have protective devices that can cover your stoma.
- You may need to change your diet and prevent food that can cause a blockage in your colon.
- Your may feel your confidence shatter but with appropriate clothing, your colostomy wouldn’t bother with your appearance.
You have to understand that a colostomy is a treatment that will help you maintain your normal body function. It is normal to feel down but try to be optimistic.
You can get items to improve your stoma and colostomy at Philippine Medical Supplies and be better prepared with your life. This online medical supplier will help you get the best supplies such as the Omron Stimulator and all that you need for your condition.
So, visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The development of the health industry in the Philippines has given way to Filipinos learning more about medical supplies and checking Ambu bag cost, for one. Knowing about these supplies and equipment and their corresponding prices helps them prepare for medical emergencies, especially when they are in the medical field or interested to pursue a career in medicine and the like.
Many medical things such as bedridden patient supplies are available online and easily acquired. If you have the funds for it, it would be better to have these and other emergency supplies at home, for when you have a sick family member, a bedridden patient or in preparation for an accident or emergency. You never know when you’re gonna these items.
So it is better to explore these things now to be better prepared for the future.
Common Medical Items and their Prices
Although the Philippines has yet to acquire advanced medical equipment for health centers and district hospitals, there are already tertiary hospitals in cities that offer world-class medical procedures and services. This is a great big step in the medical industry for a third-world country such as the Philippines.
The improvements in our nation cannot be denied. And the Filipino’s thirst for knowledge is increasing each day. More so when it comes to health and medicine.
So, let us learn about the common medical supplies that we are likely to encounter one of these days.
- Stethoscope – this is one of the most common devices used in the health industry. Doctors and nurses use it to check vital signs and auscultate organs to check their condition. It is recommended to have one at home. The Littmann stethoscope classic III price is at Php6850.00.
- BP Apparatus – everyone is likely to have encountered a BP app. This device checks a person’s blood pressure for a variety of reasons. Now there are digital BP apps that you can use with just the press of a button. Its price starts at Php1,200.00.
- Ambu Bag – this is an emergency device which is used for a person who is not breathing. You can get it for Php2,200.00.
- Nerve Stimulator – the Omron stimulator is priced at Php4,000.00 and is used to stimulate nerves and muscles to relieve tension, pain and other problems.
If you want to learn more about medical supplies and get the best items delivered to your home, Philippine Medical Supplies is the best place to explore. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The electric massager Philippines offers relaxation and convenience in just a small device. That is one of the reasons why its use has been steadily increasing. Being able to stay at home and experience the comfort and relaxation of a massage without the need for massage therapists is one thing that many people crave in this fast-paced world.
But what is an electric massager? How does it work? Does it provide other benefits aside from relaxation?
Let’s learn about this helpful innovative tool now.
The Electric Massager
An electric massager is a hand-held device for self-massage. It provides, soothing or vigorous palpating and rolling actions with different intensities which is ideal for home use or on the go. It eliminates the need to go to spa centers or a massage therapist.
What are the benefits of using this modern device? Read on to find out.
- Benefits of an electric massager:
– It provides relaxation and relief from stress. Electric massagers come in different shapes and sizes and have different levels of intensity that can suit any need. It can even be one of the many bedridden patient supplies because of the benefits it can give to someone confined to the bed. The vibrations produce by the massager definitely provides relaxation and relieves stress on the muscles.
– I helps relieve pain. The electric massager is ideal when you’re looking to relieve pain, just like the Omron Stimulator. This device soothes affected nerves and muscles and improve circulation of the blood, thereby relieving pain associated with sitting or standing for too long and other causes.
– It is convenient and affordable. You don’t have to go looking for a massage therapist or go to a spa when you feel the need for a massage. By having the electric massager, you can have a massage anywhere, at anytime. Plus, it is an affordable alternative to some massage modalities.
With all these benefits, many choose to have the massager at home. But be careful in using this device, though.
- Adverse effects of the electric massager:
– Potential stroke
– Worsening effect
It is important to understand how the electric massage works and how to use it effectively and safely before using it. Learn about it and the different prices for different styles now, as well as other supplies like the portable autoclave machine.
Find the electric massager and medical supplies like the wheelchair, Convatec colostomy and patient supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top supplier of all things medical. Check them out now.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the country’s top supplier of all things medical, where you get to find Littmann Stethoscope Classic III price lower than anywhere else. Moreover, these supplies are all delivered right to your doorstep, hassle-free.
Medical Supplies and Equipment in the Philippines
With the growing medical industry in the Philippines and more and more people going into the medical field, the need for medical supplies is ever increasing. But people don’t want substandard things to use in their medical career. What’s the use of cheap products when you have to buy another one sooner than you think because the one you bought first is already broken? Instead of saving, you actually spend more.
Fortunately, this habit is being replaced with a much more practical one. Investing in high quality materials instead of cheaper ones will help you save more in the long run.
However, the best supplies such as the Omron stimulator and other common medical equipment needed by medical students and practitioners aren’t always available. So they make do with what’s on hand. And this isn’t exactly how you want your career in the medical field to go.
But now that Philippine Medical Supplies is here, your medical supplies needs will be delivered to you with just a click.
Here are some of the top purchases at Philippine Medical Supplies.
- Oxygen Mask
- Bactigras Dressing
- Opsite, Post-op
- Convatec Colostomy Bag
- Gauze Pad Sterile
- Top Care Adult Diapers
- BP Apparatus Set
- Oxygen Regulator with Humidifier
- Dissecting Set
Philippine Medical Supplies has become the nation’s top medical supplier because of the easy access to hard to find equipment that consumers need. Moreover, transactions are quite easy and with your purchases sent to your doorstep through reliable shipping partners.
Whether you need medical supplies for your medical career, for education or for personal and family use, you can count on Philippine Medical Supplies to provide you with the top items.
Just check out their website and you will see that their prices are quite reasonable considering their top quality. And feedback on the transactions show why they became the number 1 medical supplier in the Philippines. So find your Littmann stethoscope and other needs priced just right at Philippine Medical Supplies. Visit them today.
Chronic nerve and muscle pain is a battle that is being fought by countless people worldwide, but the Omron stimulator can end your suffering and bring relief in a few minutes. You don’t have to go to your doctor regularly or every time you experience pain. Once you learn about the Omron stimulator, how to use it and specific instructions from your physician, you can manage your pain at home or even at work.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
TENS, short for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, is how the Omron stimulator works. This process can lessen the pain felt by using low voltage electrical current. And this has been the lifesaver of many people who suffer chronic pain and have difficulty performing daily tasks because of it.
It has even been used as one of the bedridden patient supplies. It is hard enough not being able to move on your own, but add pain to this situation makes it ten times worse.
How does TENS work?
- The Omron stimulator is a small, battery-powered machine, usually the size of a pocket radio. Two electrodes (these are wires that conduct electrical current) connected to the machine are placed on the skin.
- These electrodes are placed where pain is usually felt or at a pressure point.
- Electrical impulses are then sent to the nerves via the nerve fibers when the machine is turned on.
- The electricity stimulates the nerves and sends signals to the brain that block or scramble normal pain signals. This makes the pain felt lesser.
- Or, as per another theory, the stimulation from the electricity helps produce endorphins,
which are the body’s natural painkillers, that block the perception of pain.
How to Use the Omron Stimulator
There are settings in this portable machine that needs to be learned before effectively using it at home. Different wavelength frequencies can be selected depending on your pain and the location. Consult your doctor and learn the proper way of using it first before trying it for your pain management on your own.
This machine can be helpful for certain diseases such as:
You can search for an electric massager Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies to add to your TENS therapy for pain management.
Along with TENS, ankle support Philippines will also help in treating lower leg pain, whether acute or chronic.
However, you need proper medical consultation before doing things on your own, especially at home. Talk about pain management with your doctor and get the best supplies for it such as the Omron Stimulator, as Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.