Chronic nerve and muscle pain is a battle that is being fought by countless people worldwide, but the Omron stimulator can end your suffering and bring relief in a few minutes. You don’t have to go to your doctor regularly or every time you experience pain. Once you learn about the Omron stimulator, how to use it and specific instructions from your physician, you can manage your pain at home or even at work.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
TENS, short for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, is how the Omron stimulator works. This process can lessen the pain felt by using low voltage electrical current. And this has been the lifesaver of many people who suffer chronic pain and have difficulty performing daily tasks because of it.
It has even been used as one of the bedridden patient supplies. It is hard enough not being able to move on your own, but add pain to this situation makes it ten times worse.
How does TENS work?
- The Omron stimulator is a small, battery-powered machine, usually the size of a pocket radio. Two electrodes (these are wires that conduct electrical current) connected to the machine are placed on the skin.
- These electrodes are placed where pain is usually felt or at a pressure point.
- Electrical impulses are then sent to the nerves via the nerve fibers when the machine is turned on.
- The electricity stimulates the nerves and sends signals to the brain that block or scramble normal pain signals. This makes the pain felt lesser.
- Or, as per another theory, the stimulation from the electricity helps produce endorphins,
which are the body’s natural painkillers, that block the perception of pain.
How to Use the Omron Stimulator
There are settings in this portable machine that needs to be learned before effectively using it at home. Different wavelength frequencies can be selected depending on your pain and the location. Consult your doctor and learn the proper way of using it first before trying it for your pain management on your own.
This machine can be helpful for certain diseases such as:
You can search for an electric massager Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies to add to your TENS therapy for pain management.
Along with TENS, ankle support Philippines will also help in treating lower leg pain, whether acute or chronic.
However, you need proper medical consultation before doing things on your own, especially at home. Talk about pain management with your doctor and get the best supplies for it such as the Omron Stimulator, as Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.