The development of the health industry in the Philippines has given way to Filipinos learning more about medical supplies and checking Ambu bag cost, for one. Knowing about these supplies and equipment and their corresponding prices helps them prepare for medical emergencies, especially when they are in the medical field or interested to pursue a career in medicine and the like.
Many medical things such as bedridden patient supplies are available online and easily acquired. If you have the funds for it, it would be better to have these and other emergency supplies at home, for when you have a sick family member, a bedridden patient or in preparation for an accident or emergency. You never know when you’re gonna these items.
So it is better to explore these things now to be better prepared for the future.
Common Medical Items and their Prices
Although the Philippines has yet to acquire advanced medical equipment for health centers and district hospitals, there are already tertiary hospitals in cities that offer world-class medical procedures and services. This is a great big step in the medical industry for a third-world country such as the Philippines.
The improvements in our nation cannot be denied. And the Filipino’s thirst for knowledge is increasing each day. More so when it comes to health and medicine.
So, let us learn about the common medical supplies that we are likely to encounter one of these days.
- Stethoscope – this is one of the most common devices used in the health industry. Doctors and nurses use it to check vital signs and auscultate organs to check their condition. It is recommended to have one at home. The Littmann stethoscope classic III price is at Php6850.00.
- BP Apparatus – everyone is likely to have encountered a BP app. This device checks a person’s blood pressure for a variety of reasons. Now there are digital BP apps that you can use with just the press of a button. Its price starts at Php1,200.00.
- Ambu Bag – this is an emergency device which is used for a person who is not breathing. You can get it for Php2,200.00.
- Nerve Stimulator – the Omron stimulator is priced at Php4,000.00 and is used to stimulate nerves and muscles to relieve tension, pain and other problems.
If you want to learn more about medical supplies and get the best items delivered to your home, Philippine Medical Supplies is the best place to explore. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Chronic nerve and muscle pain is a battle that is being fought by countless people worldwide, but the Omron stimulator can end your suffering and bring relief in a few minutes. You don’t have to go to your doctor regularly or every time you experience pain. Once you learn about the Omron stimulator, how to use it and specific instructions from your physician, you can manage your pain at home or even at work.
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation
TENS, short for transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation, is how the Omron stimulator works. This process can lessen the pain felt by using low voltage electrical current. And this has been the lifesaver of many people who suffer chronic pain and have difficulty performing daily tasks because of it.
It has even been used as one of the bedridden patient supplies. It is hard enough not being able to move on your own, but add pain to this situation makes it ten times worse.
How does TENS work?
- The Omron stimulator is a small, battery-powered machine, usually the size of a pocket radio. Two electrodes (these are wires that conduct electrical current) connected to the machine are placed on the skin.
- These electrodes are placed where pain is usually felt or at a pressure point.
- Electrical impulses are then sent to the nerves via the nerve fibers when the machine is turned on.
- The electricity stimulates the nerves and sends signals to the brain that block or scramble normal pain signals. This makes the pain felt lesser.
- Or, as per another theory, the stimulation from the electricity helps produce endorphins,
which are the body’s natural painkillers, that block the perception of pain.
How to Use the Omron Stimulator
There are settings in this portable machine that needs to be learned before effectively using it at home. Different wavelength frequencies can be selected depending on your pain and the location. Consult your doctor and learn the proper way of using it first before trying it for your pain management on your own.
This machine can be helpful for certain diseases such as:
You can search for an electric massager Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies to add to your TENS therapy for pain management.
Along with TENS, ankle support Philippines will also help in treating lower leg pain, whether acute or chronic.
However, you need proper medical consultation before doing things on your own, especially at home. Talk about pain management with your doctor and get the best supplies for it such as the Omron Stimulator, as Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.