Suffering from a condition that forced you to undergo surgery and coming out with a stoma on your stomach is a life-changing situation. And if that is not already hard enough, dealing with a complication from this status will make you go from worse to worst. To be able to cope, you need all the information you can get and learn how to manage your Convatec colostomy properly so you don’t have to suffer even more. Once you get the hang of it, you can go on with your life as you previously did.
First thing you need to do is learn about the complications that you can acquire if problems arise regarding your colostomy. Here are some of it.
- Parastomal hernia
- Stoma trauma
- Mucocutaeneous separation
- Stoma necrosis
- Stoma prolapse
- Stoma retraction
- Stoma stenosis
These complications can be very serious and would require urgent medical attention. Be sure to steer clear from them and manage your colostomy well if you don’t want to come face to face with a Welch Allyn 60813 for another operation.
- You need to identify the right type of colostomy bag for your stoma and know when and how to change it. Empty the bag to remove waste regularly. It would be better if you stick to a routine of changing and cleaning it.
- Avoid heavy lifting and support your abdomen when sneezing or coughing after your operation. You should be able to get back to your usual activities and fully recover after at least 3 months.
- Be careful with your diet especially if you are in public. Some food can cause a smelly feces and you would not want to deal with it in a place with lots of people. You can make use of charcoal filters of pouch deodorizers, though.
- Don’t irritate the skin around your stoma. Keep it clean and dry especially when changing the bag. You can use protective creams to prevent skin complications.
It is common to struggle with handling your colostomy at first. After all, you are not familiar with it yet. You can always use Top Care adult diapers to prevent leakage until you get things under control.
Have all the supplies you need to manage your stoma properly. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies to get them. You can get your colostomy bags, diapers, and even an Omron Stimulator if you need it.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. They ensure stress-free transactions and safe delivery of your items in the soonest time possible. Check them out now.
Everyone knows what good the adult diaper is for. If not for urinary or bowel incontinence, women who just gave birth and people who underwent surgeries find good use for them. But adult diaper Philippines is more than just that. Some may find it funny and quite embarrassing, but there are many situations, other than health related ones where this item prove to be useful.
Uses of Adult Diapers
Obviously, adult diapers are commonly used by the elderly who have lost control over their bladders or bowels. This is why they are a part of the bedridden patient supplies in hospitals. But there are other instances where this absorbent material is used more frequently.
- People in wheelchairs or those who are unable to access the toilet independently.
- Patients with cognitive and mental problems who cannot identify the need to relieve their bladder or bowels.
- Pregnancy and childbirth.
- Post surgery patients.
- People who are new to a Convatec colostomy and fear leakage.
Unusual Situations for Using the Adult Diaper
It is completely understandable if people wore diapers for the above reasons. But there are other situations, albeit uncommon, that make people grab Top Care adult diapers and wear them without hesitation.
- Astronauts wear what they call “space diapers” to relieve themselves easily and conveniently while in outer space.
- Jobs such as those of delivery drivers, where toilet breaks are limited due to the demands of their work.
- For personal convenience to avoid long lines in using public toilets and for sanitary reasons.
- Gambling addicts who need to stay in place during the game despite their need for the toilet.
- Guards who need to stay on their post for long hours.
- Pilots on long flights.
Aside from these unusual and somewhat awkward uses of adult diapers, people also find other uses for these helpful supplies. This would include as source of fuel, for keeping flowers fresh longer, and as the ultimate towels for big cleanups and spills.
Indeed, diapers have more use than what they are given credit for.
It is always a good idea to have these supplies on hand. You never know when you are going to need them.
Fortunately, Philippines Medical Supplies will help you get your stock of the best adult diapers. Just visit their website and with a smooth transaction, you will get your items delivered right at your doorstep. Check them out today.
Personal safety is a priority when you are in the medical field. You don’t always know what kind of diseases you are exposed to, especially in the emergency area. You can come face to face with a contagious diseases that can cost you your health. This is why wearing personal protective equipment like a lab gown and gloves is crucial.
Personal protective equipment, commonly referred to as PPE, are those equipment worn to prevent or minimize the harmful effects of certain hazards that you may encounter in your workplace, especially when you are in the medical industry where many things can lead to a dangerous health situation. enter
These equipment gloves, safety glasses or goggles, face masks or respirators, and lab gowns or coveralls.
Specifically, these equipment provide these benefits to the one wearing them.
- Eye and face protection. Safety goggles, masks and the like offer protection to the face where harmful material can come in contact with. These PPE, when worn effectively, is quite important since substances that can cause serious diseases can enter the eyes, mouth, nose and ears and get into your bloodstream.
Take, for example, handling a Convatec colostomy, where you come in contact with another person’s body wastes. If you don’t protect yourself and wear PPE, you will certainly acquire bacteria found in these wastes and fall ill.
- Hand and skin protection. As a medical practitioner, you are also exposed to certain chemicals, especially if you are assigned in the laboratory. Some of these chemicals can cause burns. When handling these substances in test tubes and using a single test tube holder, gloves are necessary so you don’t suffer when something goes amiss.
Cleaning substances with potent chemicals like the Cidex solution would also require you to wear gloves and full PPE so as not to acquire damage to your skin. This is a common scenario in the operating room where staff cleans and sterilizes items used during surgery.
Wearing PPE is required in the workplace when you are exposed to environmental hazards. It is not only hospitals that require them but also construction sites and other working areas.
Be sure to protect yourself and get the best PPE that will protect you well from Philippine Medical Supplies. The nation’s top supplier will make sure to deliver your things right at your doorstep. Check out the products that they have now.
The significant changes in your life and the pull on your self-confidence are not just the things that you have to undergo and cope with when you go through surgery and come out with a stoma on your abdomen. Yes, these changes can be very shocking, especially when it happens drastically, but taking care of your stoma becomes a part of your life from then on. And problems come when you use inferior bags rather than going with the trusted Convatec colostomy bags.
What problems do people with with stomas usually face when they use low quality bags for their colostomy?
One of the most common problem with this is leaking of the colostomy bag. When a bag leaks, complications like inflammation or infection of the skin surrounding the stoma happens. And this can be serious if left untreated. Sadly, some people just cover their stoma with Top Care adult diapers, which really shouldn’t be.
It is just fortunate that this complication can be prevented. And all you need is the right colostomy bag. By using the
Convatec colostomy bag, you are assured of the right fit, strong materials that don’t easily tear and easy manipulation. With this, and the right management, you can prevent complications and other problems associated with having a stoma.
Going through surgery and having a colostomy is not very easy at all. But patients learn to deal with this situation. And it’s all good once they learned how to manage it.
And in these kinds of situations, the best medical supplies really matter. What good is an affordable device when it gives you problems, right? The same goes with bedridden patient supplies, BP apps, stethoscopes and other medical items.
Fortunately, Philippine Medical Supplies is here to help us find the right supplies for all our medical needs. You can get the Convatec colostomy from them. As well as the well-loved brand, Littmann, for stethoscopes and other devices. Check out their Littmann Stethoscope Classic III price now.
When you stock up on high quality supplies for your ostomy and other needs, you don’t have to stress yourself every time you run out of materials. Getting them from Philippine Medical Supplies is actually very easy. Visit them now and get your colostomy bags delivered right at your doorstep, stress-free.
There are already millions of people who are living or had lived with a Convatec colostomy all over the world. But despite this great number, many are still unaware of the condition or do not know what it is like living with such a condition.
Although having a stoma and a colostomy bag may be difficult, it is only just the beginning that is hard to accept. Once patients get used to it, living is just as it was before going under the knife.But understanding what someone with a colostomy is going through is necessary to be able to appropriately and sympathetically interact with them.
Living with a Colostomy
People with conditions such as Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and bowel cancer would have never thought they would undergo an operation and come out with an internal organ sticking out of their lower abdomen, specifically, apart of their intestines. This is what someone with a colostomy goes through just before having that small bag
attached to their stomach.
Yes, a colostomy is a result of certain illnesses or conditions that prevent normal bowel functions and body waste discharge. And no, it isn’t a part of bedridden patient supplies. It is a misconception on some people’s mind that having a colostomy is a consequence of being old and bedridden, which is definitely not the case.
So once a person’s bowel functions are compromised, it is necessary to find a way for discharges to be excreted. Thus, a stoma is created. And having this can turn a person’s world upside down.
Here’s is one patient’s take on life after having a colostomy.
- It will start as something unacceptable, especially when you get it so suddenly.
- You might focus on all the negatives and hide from the world, or under a lab gown.
- But after accepting the fact that having a colostomy is life-saving, you can focus on the positive.
- You are alive and you will continue living greatly. No more constipation, bloating and no need for laxatives.
- You will empty the bag and clean the stoma several times a day but you will get used to it. And cleaning agents such as Cidex solution is a no-no. Water is enough.
- Most importantly, even with the bag, you can still live a normal life just like the one you had before surgery.
This is what you should understand about colostomies. And if you need to get bags, there’s Philippine Medical Supplies that you can rely on. Check them out today.
A disease that affects the colon, rectum or anus usually leads to the patient having a Convatec colostomy. However, many are not aware of this condition and the resulting colostomy that the patient has to have for a long time, even for life. This ignorance causes poor self-esteem on the part of the patient and contributes to depression.
Let’s learn all about the colostomy and help those who have it feel more optimistic about their condition.
What Causes a Colostomy?
A colostomy is actually a treatment and not a condition. When the body’s colon, rectum and anus, which are the ones responsible for eliminating solid waste material from the body, cannot function well, they need to stop working and rest. The body then has to find another way to remove wastes.
And this is where having a colostomy helps.
- A colostomy is an opening, called a stoma, that connects the colon to the surface of the abdomen.
- This opening provides a new route for waste material and gas to leave the body.
- A colostomy can be temporary or permanent.
- Proper care of the colostomy site is needed to maintain its function and prevent infection, which is a complication you don’t want to have.
- You won’t need Top Care adult diapers if you have a colostomy.
How Will Having a Colostomy Change Your Life?
Contrary to what most people believe, a colostomy is not a bedridden patient supplies. Anyone can have a condition that will require a colostomy, a child, an adult or an elderly.
So what changes does this condition bring to your life?
- Yo won’t have to stay in the hospital after surgery as long as you know how to manage your colostomy. You can continue your normal routine provided it won’t interfere with your stoma.
- You can participate in any activity provided your colostomy can take the contact. You can have protective devices that can cover your stoma.
- You may need to change your diet and prevent food that can cause a blockage in your colon.
- Your may feel your confidence shatter but with appropriate clothing, your colostomy wouldn’t bother with your appearance.
You have to understand that a colostomy is a treatment that will help you maintain your normal body function. It is normal to feel down but try to be optimistic.
You can get items to improve your stoma and colostomy at Philippine Medical Supplies and be better prepared with your life. This online medical supplier will help you get the best supplies such as the Omron Stimulator and all that you need for your condition.
So, visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the country’s top supplier of all things medical, where you get to find Littmann Stethoscope Classic III price lower than anywhere else. Moreover, these supplies are all delivered right to your doorstep, hassle-free.
Medical Supplies and Equipment in the Philippines
With the growing medical industry in the Philippines and more and more people going into the medical field, the need for medical supplies is ever increasing. But people don’t want substandard things to use in their medical career. What’s the use of cheap products when you have to buy another one sooner than you think because the one you bought first is already broken? Instead of saving, you actually spend more.
Fortunately, this habit is being replaced with a much more practical one. Investing in high quality materials instead of cheaper ones will help you save more in the long run.
However, the best supplies such as the Omron stimulator and other common medical equipment needed by medical students and practitioners aren’t always available. So they make do with what’s on hand. And this isn’t exactly how you want your career in the medical field to go.
But now that Philippine Medical Supplies is here, your medical supplies needs will be delivered to you with just a click.
Here are some of the top purchases at Philippine Medical Supplies.
- Oxygen Mask
- Bactigras Dressing
- Opsite, Post-op
- Convatec Colostomy Bag
- Gauze Pad Sterile
- Top Care Adult Diapers
- BP Apparatus Set
- Oxygen Regulator with Humidifier
- Dissecting Set
Philippine Medical Supplies has become the nation’s top medical supplier because of the easy access to hard to find equipment that consumers need. Moreover, transactions are quite easy and with your purchases sent to your doorstep through reliable shipping partners.
Whether you need medical supplies for your medical career, for education or for personal and family use, you can count on Philippine Medical Supplies to provide you with the top items.
Just check out their website and you will see that their prices are quite reasonable considering their top quality. And feedback on the transactions show why they became the number 1 medical supplier in the Philippines. So find your Littmann stethoscope and other needs priced just right at Philippine Medical Supplies. Visit them today.
A ConvaTec colostomy is usually a product of a serious condition in the lower intestines or the rectum where an individual cannot normally pass stool. Because of this condition, a hole is surgically created to allow the passage of stool or urine into a bag on the lower abdomen. The conditions that usually warrant having an ostomy created are colon or rectal cancer, a bowel obstruction and inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s disease.
Ostomy Types and Caring for It
The hole in the stomach that is created to divert the passage of stool or urine for a patient who cannot do so through the normal process is called a stoma or ostomy. There are different types of ostomy depending on their location in the bowels.
- Colostomy – this is when a piece of the large intestine is brought through an opening in the abdominal wall. Diseases such as diverticulitis or fecal incontinence require the creation of a colostomy.
- Ileostomy – this involves the creation of an opening in the stomach for a part of the ileum or small bowel. Ulcerative colitis and familial polyposis are only two of the disease that needs this surgical operation.
- Urostomy – this surgery is required when the urinary bladder needs to be removed. The ureters are then connected to the ileum and brought through an opening in the abdomen.
Although many would think a colostomy is one of the most common bedridden patient supplies, having a stoma doesn’t really have anything to do with age. Anyone with a serious bowel disease may need to have a colostomy.
Caring for someone with an ostomy and cleaning the ostomy site may be a bit overwhelming, especially at first. But you will get used to it. And the patient himself can also take care of his own stoma.
Top care adult diapers won’t be necessary because when a stool passes, it goes directly to the bag attached to the ostomy. That’s all you have to change.
And to keep the stoma and the skin around it healthy, proper hygiene should be practiced. Cidex solution for cleaning is a definite no-no. Clean water or an irrigating solution is all that’s needed.
Then, follow up with a balanced diet and make sure no food blocks the opening.
When taking care of a patient with any type of ostomy, find the best supplies for its care at Philippine Medical Supplies. The top products will be delivered right to your doorstep, hassle-free. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.