You don’t need to work in the medical field to have knowledge about intravenous therapy and learn about it. Even housewives and students will find it to their advantage to be aware about this medical treatment as well as the materials needed to properly start it like the macroset IV kit and the IV fluids that the body needs. This knowledge can save a life. And it can be your family members and loved ones that you can save.
First up, let us learn what IV therapy is and why some people need it.
- IV therapy is the administration of fluid called a solution directly into a vein for therapeutic treatment of certain health conditions.
- Its main purposes are to provide fluids to the body to keep it hydrated and replace fluid and electrolyte loss, to administer drugs such as antibiotics over a period of time, and to administer blood products when blood loss is suffered.
- Starting an IV line requires an IV needle which varies in size depending on the patient’s vein and the purpose of the therapy. When the vein is inserted properly, a dextrose hose is attached to either a micro or macroset which is then connected to the IV solution.
Now, here are the most common IV solutions that you should take note of so you know which ones to use in emergencies.
- 9% Normal Saline or Plain NSS Dextrose– most common, works for hydration in cases of vomiting, diarrhea and hemorrhage. It is the only IV fluid that is compatible with blood products. It should be used with caution in patients cardiac or renal problems.
- Lactated Ringers or LR – it contains sodium chloride, potassium chloride, calcium chloride, and sodium lactate in sterile water. It is like the body’s plasma or serum and is often used for burn patients and those suffering from hypovolemia. It should be avoided in cases of liver disease.
- 5% Dextrose in Water – it contains glucose, which is utilized by the cells for energy, and leaves water in the body. It is often used in diabetic patients who are not allowed to eat or drink. However, it can lead to fluid overload so it should be avoid in cardiac and renal problems as well as increased intracranial pressure.
These are three of the most common IV fluids around, and some that you should know about so you can properly administer them even without medical personnel around. Your quick judgement and intervention can save a life. So be sure you get your supplies from Philippine Medical Supplies ready!
Breathing is a crucial ability of the human body that is needed to survive. When someone experiences difficulty in breathing, he undergoes inefficient gas exchange within the body which causes so many negative consequences. More often than not, this condition leads to coma or even death if not treated. Because of this, immediate intervention should be done. And one of the best ways to address this problem is to supply the oxygen that the body needs. This is where Owgels come in.
Oxygen therapy is the most common and effective way of addressing problems with breathing. And people should know that if one of their family members have a history of any condition where breathing becomes impaired, oxygen should be always available.
Conditions that would require oxygen therapy include:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Heart Failure
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia
When one of these conditions are experienced, breathing difficulty should be expected. It is only a matter of minutes before the symptoms go from worse to worst, and the patient may need to be intubated with the help of the Welch Allyn and placed on a ventilator. Therefore, oxygen should be on hand so you won’t need to transport the patient to a hospital or other medical settings.
However, you should know that when you keep a supply of oxygen at home, there are disadvantages. It can be quite inconvenient and dangerous, especially when family members are not aware of the precautions that having such an item on hand.
Fortunately, with the Owgels, this danger is eliminated. Owgels, or an oxygen concentrator, uses oxygen from the room, concentrates it and removes other gases to be able to use therapeutically. This device delivers the gas from the tank to a tube through nasal tubes, face masks or directly into the patient’s windpipe.
Having this medical device at home makes it easier for a patient suffering from breathing problems. But it is quite important the caregiver and everyone else at home knows the proper way to use owgels. It is also essential to have a manual resuscitator in case it is needed. The Ambu bag cost is much more affordable than other breathing apparatus, so it is a great option for such cases.
Information about Owgels and oxygen therapy is valuable, especially when a loved one needs this kind of treatment. Be knowledgeable about it as well as the best place to purchase these products and other bedridden patient supplies.
The nation’s top supplier would be Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out now.
Wheelchairs are designed to help those with mobility problems move with ease. However, this device can be quite expensive. Wheelchair price in the Philippines ranges from Php3000 to Php7000, depending on the type and its weight capacity. And that’s from the nation’s top medical supplier, Philippine Medical Supplies, where prices are the best. How much more when you get such an item from other suppliers? Its cost can be significantly higher.
But because some accidents cannot be avoided and there are a number of congenital conditions that require the use of wheelchairs and other such devices, finding the best-priced one is what you need to do. And purchasing it from Philippine Medical Supplies is your best option.
Once you have your wheelchair, you need to know the proper way to use it and how to position your patient effectively in order to be comfortable and prevent pain in the legs. Here’s what you should do to achieve this.
- Give support to the lower leg and use the wheelchair footrest brackets.
- Place the feet in the right position and avoid it from sliding off the footrests.
- Always lock the brakes before getting in and out of the wheelchair.
- Have your patient lean back while sitting on the wheelchair.
- Avoid sitting on the device for long hours.
- Provide a blanket for the legs because sitting on it for a while can cause the lower extremities to be colder than usual.
Improper positioning of the legs and the body, in general, can lead to contracted joints, pressure sores, and bruises. This is what you should avoid. If not, it will only add injury to what your patient already has.
Think of the blood circulation in your patient’s legs when using mobility aids. Learn about the electric massager Philippines and how to use it to improve circulation.
You might also want to use ankle support Philippines to provide more stability to the lower legs, especially when your patient starts to walk again.
If your patient is completely dependent on wheelchairs, it is better to have him wear Top Care adult diapers or use a device with a commode for ease of urinating or bowel movement.
These are the key points you need to have in mind when using a wheelchair is required. But first, you need to get the best device at the best price. Check out your options at Philippine Medical Supplies now and make use of the tips above in using it.
Get to Know the Common Problems Associated with the Use of Adult Diaper Philippines and How Not to Depend on Them
The use of adult diaper Philippines is getting more and more common each day. If people before are quite ashamed of using such items, today people find many uses for it and are not afraid to take advantage of its benefits.
Consider these situations where the adult diaper is beginning to establish its importance:
- Security employees or positions of the like
- Not comfortable with using public toilets
- Long, continuous road trips
However, one should not depend on such items for longer periods, or just for convenience. If your reason for using Top Care adult diapers is urinary or fecal incontinence, you should address the problem first and use diapers only when needed. After all, there are side effects or problems related to its use.
These problems include leakage, hygiene problems, diaper rash, and urinary tract infection. One should keep these in mind so as not to completely depend on the use of adult diapers and fix the problem, instead.
And you can achieve this by doing regular exercise, especially those that strengthen the pelvic floor muscles which are responsible for leaky bladders. Kegel exercises and pelvic floor physical therapy with a trained professional as well as commitment to these acts are what you need to help your bladder work well. Making use of electric massager Philippines can also help in stimulating these muscle groups.
Another thing that can help you stop the use of diapers is to eat a healthy diet that won’t let you suffer from constipation or diarrhea and won’t make you urinate often. You need to consult your doctor in order for you to develop a meal plan with this regards.
There are ways to avoid using an adult diaper and be healthier. But if you need to use one, there is no reason why you should not, especially when embarrassment is in your mind. Growing old and other health conditions are valid enough reasons. The diaper is even a part of bedridden patient supplies. So, use one when needed. Just make sure not to depend on it if you can.
And while you’re at it, get Top Care diapers, the best high quality diapers you can have, at Philippine Medical Supplies. You won’t stress yourself with the transaction and delivery when you purchase your medical items at Philippine Medical Supplies.