Having a sick family member causes a great deal of stress, but this can be lessened quite a bit if you have all the bedridden patient supplies and everything that the sick will need right on hand at home. You don’t have to turn your home into a hospital for your patient, though. As long you have all the essentials, you can make life easier and more comfortable for both you, the caregiver, and especially the patient.
But what are these essentials that you need to have at home before your patient gets out of the hospital?
Bedridden Patient Supplies for the Home
It is great news when the doctor says your sick elderly family member is well enough to go home already. However, you need to think of what your patient will need at home so you can make his or her life better, and yours as well.
All you have to do is have these important supplies, that your patient will need, at home so you don’t have to rush everywhere just to find and buy it when it is needed.
- Top care adult diapers, bedpan, urinal – you need these things for convenience, to make it easier for your patient to attend to his normal body needs without having to move out of the bed.
- Wheelchair and mobility support – as long as it is not contraindicated, your patient can get out of bed and enjoy the outdoors from time to time. These mobility support can also help in the rehabilitation process when your patient is ready. You can find wheelchair price in Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies.
- Anti-bedsore mattress – bedsores is a no-no. So, aside from regularly turning your patient, you can use an anti-bedsore mattress to prevent this condition.
You also need to have every medication and treatment that the doctor advised where you can easily reach it. And if recommended, have a standby oxygen with Owgels at the bedside, too.
These are just the basic necessities that you should have at home when your elderly bedridden patient gets out of the hospital. But you should always follow the doctor’s orders and advise. If you want to check out these supplies and their corresponding prices, just visit Philippine Medical Supplies. You can easily order from them, hassle-free and have your item delivered right to your doorstep.Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
It is not often that you get to encounter an injury to your ankle, unless you are quite active in sports, but it is during this time that you will need the services of an ankle support Philippines. Also, people with naturally weak ankles can benefit greatly from using this supportive device.
What is the ankle support and how can it be used?
Benefits of Using an Ankle Support
Ankle injuries as often thought of as sports injuries. However, you don’t have to be an athlete to experience an ankle injury. You can end up with this kind of injury from something as simple as walking.
Walking and losing your balance is one cause of an ankle injury. And sometimes, people rely on massages and electric massager Philippines for the relief of pain associated with this condition, which really shouldn’t be.
What you need is an ankle support, which you can get from Philippine Medical Supplies.
Let us learn about this helpful tool now.
- An ankle support can help in treat a number of ankle injuries including sprains and strains.
- It helps avoid and reduce the pain associated with the injury.
- It also avoids the instability which results from an injured or weak ankle.
- The ankle support is not only used for injuries but also for people with weak ankles, which provides them with firm support.
- It is medically approved and comfortable to wear.
After the injury, the patient should see a doctor so a proper treatment and suitable ankle support can be provided. The patient should not apply pressure on the affected area. A wheelchair is necessary in this situation. Find wheelchair price in Philippines at Philippine Medical Supplies now.
The benefits of using an ankle support for ankle injuries and weak ankles make it the go-to treatment of athletes. Using this device can also help them prevent further injuries.
It is quite comfortable to use which makes it possible to be a part of a bedridden patient supplies for preparation of getting out of bed.
If you are active in sports or have a weak ankle, it is recommended that you have an ankle support on hand. So check out this device at Philippine Medical Supplies now and have it delivered to your doorstep.
Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Emergency cases would definitely include one where the patient is having difficulty of breathing, and, in this case, the most effective treatment would be administering oxygen with owgels. Breathing difficulties cut down a person’s chances of survival, especially when in conjunction with other health conditions. This is why the first thing you do in emergency cases is make sure that the patient is breathing.
A standby oxygen along with emergency supplies is recommended in emergency medical settings. Even at home, emergency items such as a first aid kit is advised to always be within easy reach.
So, what do you do during these kinds of emergencies?
First Aid for Breathing Difficulties
Breathing difficulties range from having shortness of breath, being unable to take a deep breath and gasping for air, and feeling like you are not getting enough air. These conditions are almost always a medical emergency and would warrant having a resuscitator at hand. Find out how much an ambu bag cost now.
This emergency can be the cause of different conditions.
- Blood clot in the lungs
- Emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- Pneumothorax or a collapsed lung
- Heart attack or heart failure
- Injury to the neck, chest wall or lungs
- Anaphylaxis reaction
- Near drowning
If you see a person with bluish lips, fingers and fingernails, immediately assess his condition, especially the breath sounds, with the use of a stethoscope (find out about the Littmann stethoscope classic III price now), and call 911 or your local emergency number.
Here’s what you should do next:
- Check the patient’s airway, breathing and pulse. Do CPR if breathing and pulse is absent.
- Loosen any tight clothing and monitor the patient’s breathing and pulse until help arrives.
- If necessary, help the patient take any prescribed medication for breathing problems.
- If you see any open wound in the neck and chest, close them up immediately.
- If oxygen is available, administer it until the medical team arrives.
Be alert and rational during emergencies, especially of this kind. If you have any knowledge about medical supplies like the ambu bag or the Welch Allyn 60813, be ready to help in case the emergency team needs it.
Find out more about these medical supplies and how much they cost at Philippine Medical Supplies now. Having knowledge about them gives you great advantage during emergencies. And it would be a plus if you have them on hand. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
A disease that affects the colon, rectum or anus usually leads to the patient having a Convatec colostomy. However, many are not aware of this condition and the resulting colostomy that the patient has to have for a long time, even for life. This ignorance causes poor self-esteem on the part of the patient and contributes to depression.
Let’s learn all about the colostomy and help those who have it feel more optimistic about their condition.
What Causes a Colostomy?
A colostomy is actually a treatment and not a condition. When the body’s colon, rectum and anus, which are the ones responsible for eliminating solid waste material from the body, cannot function well, they need to stop working and rest. The body then has to find another way to remove wastes.
And this is where having a colostomy helps.
- A colostomy is an opening, called a stoma, that connects the colon to the surface of the abdomen.
- This opening provides a new route for waste material and gas to leave the body.
- A colostomy can be temporary or permanent.
- Proper care of the colostomy site is needed to maintain its function and prevent infection, which is a complication you don’t want to have.
- You won’t need Top Care adult diapers if you have a colostomy.
How Will Having a Colostomy Change Your Life?
Contrary to what most people believe, a colostomy is not a bedridden patient supplies. Anyone can have a condition that will require a colostomy, a child, an adult or an elderly.
So what changes does this condition bring to your life?
- Yo won’t have to stay in the hospital after surgery as long as you know how to manage your colostomy. You can continue your normal routine provided it won’t interfere with your stoma.
- You can participate in any activity provided your colostomy can take the contact. You can have protective devices that can cover your stoma.
- You may need to change your diet and prevent food that can cause a blockage in your colon.
- Your may feel your confidence shatter but with appropriate clothing, your colostomy wouldn’t bother with your appearance.
You have to understand that a colostomy is a treatment that will help you maintain your normal body function. It is normal to feel down but try to be optimistic.
You can get items to improve your stoma and colostomy at Philippine Medical Supplies and be better prepared with your life. This online medical supplier will help you get the best supplies such as the Omron Stimulator and all that you need for your condition.
So, visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.