- They are constructed of stainless steel.
- Blades are straight or curved.
- The blade tips are Blunt.
- This is most common in organ operations.
- Excellent for cutting suture, tissue, and other general uses in the Operation.
Straight bladed Mayo scissors are designed for cutting body tissues near the surface of a wound. Curved-bladed Mayo scissors allow deeper penetration into the wound than the type with straight blades. The scissors is made of stainless and blades are straight. Dissecting scissors have several uses in the operating room when used by medical professionals. They aid in making incisions, removing skin and flaps of tissue, and removing stitches. Surgical scissors designed for cutting delicate tissue.