The HyFin® Chest Seal is a self-adhesive occlusive dressing designed for the treatment and management of an open chest wound caused by a penetrating trauma, such as a gunshot or stab wound. A penetrating chest wound creates an opening in the chest wall through which air can enter the chest cavity; commonly referred to as an “open pneumothorax.” The HyFin® Chest Seal utilizes an enhanced adhesive gel formulation designed to create a superior seal even in extreme conditions to treat and manage an open pneumothorax while preventing the development of a “tension pneumothorax,” which is one of the top three leading causes of preventable deaths on the battlefield. The HyFin® Chest Seal is specifically designed to overcome adverse conditions in austere environments where the casualty may be covered in blood, sweat, body hair, or other environmental contaminants when a reliable chest seal is mandatory.Featuring a large 6 x 6 in. size, the transparent design allows for accurate placement directly over the wound, easily conforming to the casualty’s chest. A large, easily-visible red elliptical tab facilitating single step peel-and-adhere application is incorporated into the HyFin®‘s design. Made in America and 100% latex free, each chest seal is packaged using its signature Red Tip Technology®red tear notches in a rugged, easy-to-open, foil pouch to ensure high quality performance.
- SEL#: 09MS-02-THOR
- Completely occlusive dressing designed for the treatment and management of an open chest wound caused by a penetrating trauma
- New, more compact packaging
- Advanced adhesive technology
- Oversized red elliptical tab for single step, easy peel-and-adhere application
- Conforms to the casualty’s chest
- Designed to be effective in extreme environments
- Seal can be written on for patient treatment documentation if necessary
- Made in America
- Chest Seal: H 6 in. x W 6 in. x D 0.1 in. (excluding tab)
- Packaged: H 4.625 in. x W 7.5 in. x D 0.1 in.
- Weight: 1.44 oz