When you are thinking of getting a wheelchair for your mobility needs, you may be surprised to know there are a number of wheelchair Philippines you need to choose from. Yes, you need to know which type will benefit you the most and will be best for your needs. But it can be a bit confusing.
So, to help you out, let us learn about the different types of wheelchairs through this article.
Types of Wheelchairs
There are actually many types of wheelchairs more than you know about. And this is what makes choosing one a challenge. Unlike walker Philippines where you get to choose between the standard and the two-wheeled one, a wheelchair will make you choose between several main types and even more under those.
- Types of Wheelchairs
- Manual Wheelchair – needs to muscle power to function, either by the user himself or from someone walking behind. It can be categorized under different specific types.
- Transport Wheelchair
- Folding or Portable Wheelchair Philippines
- Rigid Frame Wheelchair
- Powered Wheelchair – battery-operated, which can be controlled by the user or by an attendant. It is great for heavy lifting, as in the case of people with complete mobility loss.
- Pediatric Wheelchairs – a smaller version of the usual wheelchair, designed specifically for kids.
- Positioning Wheelchair – can be changed into different positions, thereby supporting physiologic functions and relieving pressure on certain body parts. One type of this is the reclining wheelchair Philippines, which can be fully placed in a laying down position.
- All-Terrain Wheelchair – allows users to go off-road and pass different obstacles. It is perfect for people with mobility issues but loves the outdoors. It can either be a manual type or powered.
- Sports Wheelchairs – a modified basic wheelchair with special features that allow users to participate in specific sports.
In choosing a wheelchair, you need to assess your condition first and identify your mobility needs in order to find which type is the right one. You can maximize your device’s benefits when you have correctly purchased the device that best fits your needs.
And when you need to purchase your wheelchair, doing so online is the best decision you will make. It eliminates a trip to the store, saving you time, effort and money, and wait for your item to be delivered right at your doorstep.
So, choose your wheelchair and other medical supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies. Check out what they have in store for you today!