Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. And its prevalence has caused nationwide leaders to act quickly and find a way to control the disease so its negative consequences can be prevented. One such way of effectively doing so is through regular monitoring of blood sugar with the help of the GCU 3in1 monitor EASYTOUCH and other like devices. Because when you are aware of what happens with your body, you will know exactly what to do to manage diabetes. And that is what’s important with this deadly disease.
Facts About Diabetes
According to the World Health Organization, the cases of diabetes has increased four times since 1980. This shows just how prevalent the disease is, as well as the ignorance of the global population about it, especially in third world countries.
While Type 1 Diabetes is caused by a condition within the body where the pancreas does not produce insulin, or not enough of it, the Type 2 one is usually associated with lifestyle behavior, such as inactive lifestyle and unhealthy food choices. Either way, a diabetic patient should regularly monitor his blood sugar with a monitoring device and GCU EASYTOUCH strips so the condition can be controlled.
Apart from knowing your glucose levels, it is important to be aware of these facts from the WHO so you can be knowledgeable about your disease and manage it effectively.
- An estimated 422 million people worldwide have diabetes.
- It is one of the leading causes of death in the world, with 1.5 millions deaths in 2012 alone.
- 2 major types of diabetes exist: type 1 and 2, where type 2 is potentially preventable.
- Type 2 diabetes is much more common than type 1.
- Another type of diabetes is called gestational diabetes, which happens during pregnancy and puts both mother and child at increased risk.
- When diabetes is detected, monitored with a glucometer with strips (25’s) AUTOCODE and well-managed, diabetics can live long and healthy lives.
From these facts, you can imply that, although diabetes is quite dangerous, it is preventable and can be treated with the right management. And one key factor for the success of your diabetes management is regular monitoring of your blood sugar.
A glucometer with strips (25’s) ONE TOUCH ULTRA EASY can be your partner towards a normal life, even with diabetes. And using it is a breeze. Just follow the instructions included on the package and you’re good to go.
So do check out these handy devices at Philippine Medical Supplies so you can have a hold on your diabetes and enjoy life to the fullest. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now!