Diabetes is a serious disease. In fact, it is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. And many with this condition put great importance on managing their disease so it does not lead to grave consequences. But what if you don’t monitor your blood sugar with a glucometer and glucose strips, BLUE CARE (25’s)? What can happen?
Let us learn about the dangers of unmonitored sugar levels and the complications of diabetes with this article. So, read on.
Blood Sugar Monitoring
People know it is crucial to regularly monitor your blood sugar levels when you have diabetes. Whether you are using glucometer with strips (25’s), EASYTOUCH MINI or BLUE CARE, it does not really matter as long as you get reliable results.
Once you are aware of the state of your body’s glucose levels, that’s when the proper management comes in. And just like constant blood sugar monitoring, knowing how to manage your diabetes depending on your glucose levels, is quite important.
But how do you properly check your blood glucose using a glucometer with strips (25’s), ONE TOUCH SELECT, or any other brand?
No worries. It is fairly simple and won’t hurt. Here’s how.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them.
- Place a test strip into your glucometer, following the instructions of your test kit.
- Prick the side of your fingertip with the pen and lancet included in the glucometer set.
- Squeeze your finger until a drop of blood forms.
- Place the drop of blood onto the edge of the test strip.
- Wait a few seconds for the glucometer to display the blood glucose level on the screen.
It will only take a few seconds to perform self-testing of your blood sugar. But it is of great importance. Because if you don’t monitor this important detail in your life, you can fall prey to the many deadly complications of diabetes.
Complications of Diabetes
Managing your diabetes is a crucial step in keeping its dangerous complications at bay. And monitoring blood glucose levels with a glucometer with strips (50’s), FREESTYLE OPTIUM NEO, is a significant part of this management.
When monitoring and management of diabetes is not effective, these complications can arise:
- Heart and blood vessel diseases like stroke and nerve damage that lead to amputations
- Eye problems such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy
- Kidney diseases
- Gum and teeth diseases
While diabetics can live a normal life with proper management of their condition, some who don’t treat their disease well can succumb to the problems above and can ultimately lead to their death.
This is why having a reliable glucometer from Philippine Medical Supplies is important. So visit them now and get your own blood sugar testing kit and stay healthy in spite of your diabetes!