Transporting a patient, especially during a medical emergency, is definitely one of the most challenging tasks for a medical personnel. You not only have to think about the patient’s safety and medical condition, but you also have to act quickly in order to get to the right facility at the soonest time possible. Moreover, there are so many considerations that you have to keep in mind since there are a number of transport tools that can be used, one of which is the wheelchair. And you need adequate knowledge to be able to use the right tool for a specific patient, effectively.
What are these transport tools and the considerations we need to be aware of so we can be of help when transporting patients?
Proper and speedy transport of a patient between facilities saves hundreds of lives each day. This is why medical personnel are trained to effectively use transport devices and are skilled in doing so.
While there are numerous tools and devices used for this task, knowing the basic ones will make you quite valuable in emergency situations where medical staff are lacking. And here are some that we should know about.
- This is probably the most common transport tool used by patients. As long as there is no immediate health threat, any patient can use the wheelchair to transfer to another part of the hospital or to another facility.
- For patients who suffer from back problems or those who cannot sit upright and use a wheelchair, the transfer stretcher is used.
- Basic Life Support Ambulance. If the patient needs medical assistance during transport, the BLS ambulance should be used. It carries supplies such as a cardiac monitor and an oxygen tank for emergency purposes.
- Advanced Life Support Ambulance. The ALS ambulance, operated by highly skilled paramedics, are used to transfer critical patients who need to be stabilized. Administration of medications and other procedures can be done during this transfer and an ambulance collapsible stretcher YDC, 3D is used for the patient.
These are just some of the transport tools and types that are used by medical facilities everyday.
However, in transporting patients, you should take note of these safety tips so as not to aggravate your patient’s condition.
- Keep pertinent patient information near the patient at all times.
- Correctly identify your patient before transport, during and upon arrival at your destination.
- Bring the needed equipment and supplies, especially emergency tools.
- Always keep your patient’s safety a priority. Keep side rails up on stretchers and use a rollator and transfer boards for bedridden patients.
- For ambulatory patients, gait belts should be used to ensure their safety.
This is what you need to know when transporting patients.
And for the best transport tools and medical supplies, you can find all that you need at Philippine Medical Supplies. The nation’s top medical supplier will have your orders delivered right at your doorstep at the soonest time possible. Visit their website today!.
It is estimated that more than 425 million people worldwide are living with diabetes. And it is one of the leading causes of death today. But do people know why they have such a serious disease? And how can regular monitoring of blood sugar at home using a glucometer with glucose strips, CONTOUR TS (50’s) help fight this battle?
Understanding the disease process is a key factor in managing diabetes. And with this knowledge, diabetics can live a life close to normal. More importantly, deadly complications associated with having a constantly high blood sugar can be prevented.
So, why exactly do some people have diabetes?
Causes of Diabetes
Checking your blood sugar simply by placing a tiny drop of blood on glucose strips, EASYTOUCH MINI (25’s) or any other glucometer brand and getting a higher than normal result will give you a reason to be worried. But don’t fret just yet.
A single blood test revealing an increased blood glucose level won’t label you a diabetic. But it can be considered prediabetes. What you need to do is test yourself properly on 2 separate occasions. And when the results of these tests both show increased results, that is when you are diagnosed as having diabetes.
But why does our blood sugar increase upon checking with glucose strips, FREESTYLE OPTIUM (50’s)?
There is no single exact cause of diabetes. It will vary depending on the type that the patient has.
- For Type 1 diabetes, blood sugar increases because the body lacks the insulin needed to turn glucose into energy that the cells need. This is considered an autoimmune reaction where the specific reason is still unknown. However, predisposing factors may be genetics, infection or any other autoimmune reaction.
- Type 2 diabetes, on the other hand, consider these factors as the reasons for high blood sugar levels:
– sedentary lifestyle
– increasing age
– unhealthy diet
– a family history of type 2 diabetes
- The cause of gestational diabetes, diabetes in pregnancy, remains unknown. But risk factors for this type include family history, obesity, polycystic ovary syndrome, and having a large baby (over 9lbs).
- Other causes of diabetes also point to these conditions: Cushing’s disease, pancreatitis, and glucagonoma.
So, which of these caused your blood sugar to increase?
No matter which it is, what is more, important is managing the disease. And having a glucometer with glucose strips, GLUCOSURE STAR (25’s) will help you with the important task of monitoring your sugar levels regularly.
Doing this will help you curb the symptoms of diabetes and make you lead a normal life.
So, get your glucometer complete with glucose strips at Philippine Medical Supplies, the nation’s top medical supplier and manage your disease effectively at home.
Glucose Strips, BLUE CARE (25’s) and The Dangers of Not Using it to Monitor Blood Sugar when You have Diabetes
Diabetes is a serious disease. In fact, it is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. And many with this condition put great importance on managing their disease so it does not lead to grave consequences. But what if you don’t monitor your blood sugar with a glucometer and glucose strips, BLUE CARE (25’s)? What can happen?
Let us learn about the dangers of unmonitored sugar levels and the complications of diabetes with this article. So, read on.
Blood Sugar Monitoring
People know it is crucial to regularly monitor your blood sugar levels when you have diabetes. Whether you are using glucometer with strips (25’s), EASYTOUCH MINI or BLUE CARE, it does not really matter as long as you get reliable results.
Once you are aware of the state of your body’s glucose levels, that’s when the proper management comes in. And just like constant blood sugar monitoring, knowing how to manage your diabetes depending on your glucose levels, is quite important.
But how do you properly check your blood glucose using a glucometer with strips (25’s), ONE TOUCH SELECT, or any other brand?
No worries. It is fairly simple and won’t hurt. Here’s how.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and dry them.
- Place a test strip into your glucometer, following the instructions of your test kit.
- Prick the side of your fingertip with the pen and lancet included in the glucometer set.
- Squeeze your finger until a drop of blood forms.
- Place the drop of blood onto the edge of the test strip.
- Wait a few seconds for the glucometer to display the blood glucose level on the screen.
It will only take a few seconds to perform self-testing of your blood sugar. But it is of great importance. Because if you don’t monitor this important detail in your life, you can fall prey to the many deadly complications of diabetes.
Complications of Diabetes
Managing your diabetes is a crucial step in keeping its dangerous complications at bay. And monitoring blood glucose levels with a glucometer with strips (50’s), FREESTYLE OPTIUM NEO, is a significant part of this management.
When monitoring and management of diabetes is not effective, these complications can arise:
- Heart and blood vessel diseases like stroke and nerve damage that lead to amputations
- Eye problems such as glaucoma and diabetic retinopathy
- Kidney diseases
- Gum and teeth diseases
While diabetics can live a normal life with proper management of their condition, some who don’t treat their disease well can succumb to the problems above and can ultimately lead to their death.
This is why having a reliable glucometer from Philippine Medical Supplies is important. So visit them now and get your own blood sugar testing kit and stay healthy in spite of your diabetes!
Diabetes is one of the leading causes of death worldwide. And its prevalence has caused nationwide leaders to act quickly and find a way to control the disease so its negative consequences can be prevented. One such way of effectively doing so is through regular monitoring of blood sugar with the help of the GCU 3in1 monitor EASYTOUCH and other like devices. Because when you are aware of what happens with your body, you will know exactly what to do to manage diabetes. And that is what’s important with this deadly disease.
Facts About Diabetes
According to the World Health Organization, the cases of diabetes has increased four times since 1980. This shows just how prevalent the disease is, as well as the ignorance of the global population about it, especially in third world countries.
While Type 1 Diabetes is caused by a condition within the body where the pancreas does not produce insulin, or not enough of it, the Type 2 one is usually associated with lifestyle behavior, such as inactive lifestyle and unhealthy food choices. Either way, a diabetic patient should regularly monitor his blood sugar with a monitoring device and GCU EASYTOUCH strips so the condition can be controlled.
Apart from knowing your glucose levels, it is important to be aware of these facts from the WHO so you can be knowledgeable about your disease and manage it effectively.
- An estimated 422 million people worldwide have diabetes.
- It is one of the leading causes of death in the world, with 1.5 millions deaths in 2012 alone.
- 2 major types of diabetes exist: type 1 and 2, where type 2 is potentially preventable.
- Type 2 diabetes is much more common than type 1.
- Another type of diabetes is called gestational diabetes, which happens during pregnancy and puts both mother and child at increased risk.
- When diabetes is detected, monitored with a glucometer with strips (25’s) AUTOCODE and well-managed, diabetics can live long and healthy lives.
From these facts, you can imply that, although diabetes is quite dangerous, it is preventable and can be treated with the right management. And one key factor for the success of your diabetes management is regular monitoring of your blood sugar.
A glucometer with strips (25’s) ONE TOUCH ULTRA EASY can be your partner towards a normal life, even with diabetes. And using it is a breeze. Just follow the instructions included on the package and you’re good to go.
So do check out these handy devices at Philippine Medical Supplies so you can have a hold on your diabetes and enjoy life to the fullest. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now!
Control Your Diabetes with a Reliable Sugar Monitoring Kit: The GCHb 3in1 Monitor (Hemoglobin) EASYTOUCH
Having diabetes is one hard battle to fight. There are so many things to avoid, considerations to keep in mind and complications to prevent. But once you are aware of the things you need to do and follow through with it, you can live a normal life. And this is why you need the GCHb 3in1 Monitor (Hemoglobin) EASYTOUCH. Because knowing your blood sugar is the key to controlling the debilitating disease called diabetes.
Diabetes and Its Complications
Everyone knows that diabetes is when you have a high blood sugar level. Specifically, it is when you get a blood sugar level of more than 100mg/dL (5.6mmol/L) after fasting for at least 8 hours. Or when your sugar level is 200mg/dL and above after eating. The increase in sugar level can come from the lack of insulin (Type 1) or your body not making use of insulin well (Type 2), which is the hormone needed so your cells can make use of sugar as energy.
The symptoms of this disease include:
- Increased hunger
- Increased thirst
- Weight loss
- Frequent urination
- Blurry vision
- Extreme fatigue
- Sores that don’t heal
If your blood sugar is not controlled and maintains its high levels, it can result to eyes, kidneys and nerve damage. Moreover, heart diseases, stroke and limb amputation can also happen as a result of diabetes.
Having diabetes may be hard. But with the right knowledge and discipline, you can beat it and live a life just like anyone else.
And here is how you can achieve it:
- Healthy eating and avoiding starchy or sugary foods.
- Limiting carbohydrates.
- Regular exercise to lose excess weight.
- Blood sugar monitoring at home using the 3in1 monitor and blood hemoglobin strips (25’s), EASYTOUCH.
- Regular check up with your medical practitioner.
While the treatment and management of diabetes depends greatly on its type, following the general guidelines for people with the disease is an effective way of keeping blood sugar at its normal levels. And monitoring is a key action for preventing complications.
For monitoring blood glucose, using EASYTOUCH makes it effortless. And this device can be found at Philippine Medical Supplies, just like other reliable testing kits like the Drug Testing Kit Multi-3 (Met/Thc/MDMA), BLUE SCREEN (40’s).
So don’t hesitate to search for all your medical needs at the nation’s top medical supplier, Philippine Medical Supplies. Check out their website now.
Sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis are one of the most common adult diseases today. They are easily transmitted from person to person and usually left to run their course without proper treatment. This is because of the negative stigma that a person is tagged with when diagnosing with such conditions. However, syphilis can be dangerous, which is why suspected cases should be immediately diagnosed using the syphilis test, BLUE SCREEN so that effective treatment can be sought.
All About Syphilis
Syphilis is a widespread STD that has been around for ages. Unfortunately, the disease has claimed many victims before having an effective treatment in the late 1940s.
- It is caused by the bacteria Treponema pallidum.
- It is highly contagious and can be transmitted primarily through sexual activity such as oral and anal sex.
- It can be passed on to infants from their mothers and can cause abnormalities and even death to the child.
- It can cause serious health problems like arthritis, brain damage and blindness if left untreated.
The cases of syphilis have increased in recent years, according to the Center of Disease Control. Because of this, it is important that people become aware of the dangers of syphilis and what one can do to prevent such harmful consequences.
And one of the most important things you can do if you suspect that you have it is to have yourself checked. Fortunately, you can get a syphilis test kit and find out if you have the dreaded disease right at your own home. After learning the result, you can immediately seek medical help so you don’t spread the disease to others and be cured.
The syphilis test, BLUE SCREEN, which can be purchased online at Philippine Medical Supplies, is a simple procedure that detects the presence of antibodies to the bacteria Treponema pallidum. It can diagnose whether you have the disease or not.
And just like STDs, drugs are also harmful, especially when people become addicted to it. This is why people should make sure that those around them are free from such substances. To be able to check for it, the drug testing kit DUAL (Met/Thc), BLUE SCREEN can be used.
The above drug test kit and the drug testing kit DUAL (Met/Thc), SD Bioline can also be purchased at Philippine Medical Supplies and can easily detect the presence of drugs in a person’s urine.
Be safe from STDs and from people who use drugs. Early diagnosis is the key to your health and safety. Get your needed drug testing kits and diagnostic kits at the nation’s top medical supplier now. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies today!
With the countless different devices and equipment used in the medical field, it can be quite confusing what to reach for in times of emergency. This is why we need proper knowledge about such things, whether we are in the health industry or not, in order to be of help during serious situations. And the padded board splint (orange) is one of the items that you should take note of.
What is it and how can it be used during emergencies? Read on to find out.
What is the Padded Board Splint?
The padded board splint is a splint of wood that is padded on one side and covered with plastic or cloth. This is fastened to an injured extremity in order to immobilize it, usually done during transportation to a medical facility.
As with every emergency case, everything should be treated with the utmost care. And when the injury is suspected, such as a fracture, it should immediately be immobilized so as not to add insult to injury. And this is when you should grab the nearest board splint you can find and apply it on the injured site.
And for splinting to be effective, here are some key points you should take note of.
- Remove anything, such as clothing, that can impede the function of the splint.
- Bandage any open wounds properly before applying the splint.
- Splint above and below the suspected injury or fracture for immobilization to be effective.
- Assess the limb or extremity with the splint for motor function.
Any suspected injury should be handled with extreme care. Just like the use of the facemask carbon earloop, 50’s. No matter where you go, or if you know a place with cases of respiratory diseases, it is better to wear a facemask than be sorry. It is a preventive measure that can save lives.
The same goes for splinting using a padded board. Even if it is just a suspected case of fracture, it is better to treat it as such and prevent more problems in the future.
Now that you know what the padded board splint is all about, next thing you should do is know where to get it. And Philippine Medical Supplies is the perfect place to look. You can find daily medical supplies like facemasks and many device’s accessories such as the eartips, Littmann 40001.
Just head on over to the nation’s top medical supplier and search for whatever you need. Visit Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Having a Littmann stethoscope is a dream for many young people wanting a career in medicine. With the reputation and quality of different Littmann equipment, it is no wonder why many want to get their hands and own such devices. So, when you finally get your own Littmann stethoscope and the eartips, Littmann 40002, how do you take care of it to make sure it serves you a long time?
Learn the proper ways of cleaning and taking care of your Littmann equipment through this article. Continue reading below.
Taking Care of Your Littmann Stethoscope
The Littmann stethoscope has proven its excellence in the world of medicine, which is why it is the top brand that you see hanging over doctors, nurses and other medical professionals’ necks during their working hours. And many aspiring medical personnel would love to have such a high quality item to start off their career in the medical field.
But having such an excellent device to help in your medical journey would require you to have the proper knowledge in taking care of it so that you can extend its life and its acoustic performance.
Now, how do you go about with cleaning your Littmann Stethoscope?
- Clean each part thoroughly with 70% isopropyl alcohol or mild soapy water.
- Make sure to dry each part thoroughly before reassembling and reusing.
- To remove the turntable diaphragm, just pinch its rim then pull and lift it from the chest piece. After cleaning, put it back by inserting the flexible end into the groove of the rim and slowly roll it over the edge.
- For the eartips, just pull them firmly off the headset. Then put the small side firmly onto the eartube until it snaps into place, if you want to put reassemble it.
- The non-chill bell sleeve can be removed by pulling and lifting it off the chest piece, and reassembled by placing one side of the edge onto the bell and stretching it over and around.
If you have any trouble with the care of your Littmann device, just refer to the manual that comes with it. You will find detailed instructions on how to clean each part as well as how to properly remove and reassemble them.
But where can you get your Littmann stethoscope and eartips? Only at Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out today and order your high quality device from the nation’s top medical supplier.
Join the Fight Against Drugs, Equip Your Clinic with the Reliable Drug Testing Kit DUAL (Met/Thc), BLUE SCREEN
There is never a better time to join the government’s war on drugs than now. With many big names in the Philippines who are connected to these illegal substances being arrested, as well as small-time drug syndicates serving time behind bars, we should do our part to help out. So, aside from prompt reporting of drug pushers and users whenever you see them, better stock up your clinic with drug testing kit DUAL (Met/Thc), BLUE SCREEN and the likes to help people test themselves and clear their names from use of these dangerous things.
Drug Testing Procedures
It is required to have yourself tested against drugs when you get employed or when you subject yourself to government procedures and the likes. But since drug testing through urine samples are quite easy to do, many people opt to have themselves tested to clear their names from bad reps, especially in this time of the fight against drugs.
For these procedures, some of the most used kits are the drug testing kit DUAL (Met/Thc), BLUE SCREEN and the drug testing kit DUAL (Met/Thc), SD Bioline, which you can both get online at Philippine Medical Supplies. How are these kits used? Let us find out.
- These kits are rapid, one-step screening tests for the detection of multiple drugs and metabolites in human urine.
- The specimen, which is the urine, and the testing kit should reach room temperature before usage. Once the testing kit is opened, it should be used as soon as possible.
- The test device should be placed on a clean, flat surface. Then, 3 full drops of urine should be transferred to the specimen well of the testing kit. Take care not to trap air bubbles on the well.
- Wait for the colored lines to appear and read the results after 5 minutes. Results read after 10 minutes are no longer reliable.
For the results, here are the interpretation:
- Positive for Met – no line appears at the Met test region.
- Positive for THC – no line appears at the THC test region.
- Negative – three lines appear.
- Invalid – control line does not appear.
It is important for people to have themselves tested or to have their staff and employees tested against drugs so they can live a more peaceful life, especially in this day and age.
So make sure you get all the testing kits you need. And while you’re at it, have yourself tested for STDs as well. These diseases can be contagious and can really ruin your life. Get your Syphilis Test, BLUE SCREEN and other test kits for STDs at Philippine Medical Supplies now.
Philippine Medical Supplies is the nation’s top medical supplier. Check out their website to see the products available for delivery right at your doorstep.
Unconsciousness is a medical emergency that requires immediate care. This situation can include those who are in a comatose state and those suffering from altered mental status. And if they aren’t treated right away, the situation can result to a life-threatening condition and may be the cause of the patient’s death. So, when you see someone in such a state, take out your first aid kit (FA0001) and begin emergency treatment right away.
Unconsciousness: A Medical Emergency
Unconsciousness is a state wherein a person is unable to respond to others as well as to activities. Some reasons for this condition include:
- Major illness or injury
- Drug or alcohol abuse
- Low blood sugar
- Low blood pressure
These causes and the resulting loss of consciousness can be fatal if left untreated. Therefore, you should know how to handle such cases and learn the first aid treatment for them.
First Aid Treatment for an Unconscious Person
An unconscious person needs immediate treatment as soon as unconsciousness begins. And to help out, here are the steps you should take to manage the situation.
- Immediately asses if the person is unconscious or has an altered mental state. Ask questions like “what is your name?” or “what day is it today?”
- If the person is unconscious or has a changed mental status, call 911 or any emergency response team.
- Check the person’s ABC (airway, breathing, circulation). If you have a stethoscope with its Eartips, LITTMANN 40002, use it to establish if the patient has a pulse and to check for breathing. Start CPR if necessary.
- Roll the patient to his side if breathing is confirmed. If it stops at any time, put the person on his back and repeat CPR.
- If you suspect spinal injury, leave the patient lying as he is. But if vomiting occurs, carefully turn the patient’s whole body to the side at one time.
- Keep the patient warm until medical personnel arrives.
Keep in mind that you should not do the following in this situation.
- Never leave the unconscious person alone.
- Do not give any food or water.
- Do not slap the person or splash water on his face in an attempt to revive him.
With this knowledge, you will be able to save many lives. And if you have an emergency kit with you, along with your Stethoscope and eartips, LITTMAN 40001, you will be able to apply what you have learned more effectively.
Check out these medical supplies at Philippine Medical Supplies now. And if you want to have these items on hand, have them delivered directly to your doorstep. Visit their website today.
Early Detection of Sexually Transmitted Diseases Using HIV Test Plate, BLUE SCREEN and Syphilis Test Plate
Sexually transmitted diseases are some of those conditions that no one wants anyone else to know about. The stigma it brings can crush a person’s self esteem and destroy his future. Thus, many avoid medical centers and diagnostic exams to detect such diseases and keep things to themselves to avoid being judged. Thankfully, with home test kits like the HIV Test Plate, BLUE SCREEN and Syphilis Test Plate both available at Philippine Medical Supplies, people can now check whether they have any of the dreaded STDs early on and can then have the proper treatment for it if they test positive.
Early detection and treatment can spell the difference between good prognosis and complications that can lead to serious health conditions and even death.
Early Diagnosis of STDs
There are a number of sexually transmitted diseases that can be contracted by anyone through unprotected sex. And you don’t want to be one of them.
Unfortunately, it is not just through coitus that such diseases can infect a person. One example is the human immunodeficiency virus responsible for the fearsome AIDS. It can be transferred from one person to another by sharing needles or other injecting tools or through birth from a mother to her child.
And once you have the virus, your immune system becomes weak and severely damaged, which can make you vulnerable to life-threatening diseases.
As for syphilis, if left untreated, it can cause loss of vision, hearing, memory, brain or spinal cord infection and death.
This is why you need to have yourself tested if you ever experience the symptoms of the illnesses above and other STDs. With home kits such as the Syphilis 3.0 Test Plate (30’s), SD Bioline, you no longer have to go to clinics for diagnostic tests. You can do it yourself and know the results early.
You can then seek proper treatment if the results of your home test is, unfortunately, positive. Early treatment will help you prevent the serious complications that many STDs come with. And you can live your life as normally as possible.
So if you ever have doubts about any illness you may have, don’t hesitate to get yourself tested. You can always get the best home kits at Philippine Medical Supplies.
Don’t let such diseases ruin your life. They may even cause infertility and ruin your chances of having kids. And if you are ready to get pregnant, there is the ovulation test kit that can help you start your pregnancy journey.
Learn more about these home test kits at Philippine Medical Supplies now!
There are many laboratory tests that people should not skip out on, especially when they are experiencing signs and symptoms of serious diseases. And one test that people should place particular attention on is the Hepa A Test HAV (IgG/IgM), SD Bioline, as well as the Hepa B Test. Why? As much as diabetics monitor their blood sugar through blood glucose monitoring devices frequently, many should also check their antibodies against Hepatitis A and B to prevent contracting the disease.
Let us learn about these diseases now so we will know how important taking the Hepa test and being vaccinated against it is.
- Hepatitis A is an infection of the liver caused by the Hepatitis A virus.
- It is a communicable disease that can be transmitted from one person to another through the oral fecal route or by consuming contaminated food or water.
- It is self-limiting and does not lead to chronic infection.
- Its symptoms include stomach pain, fatigue, nausea, low appetite and jaundice.
- Vaccines against Hepatitis A virus is the best way to prevent having it.
- Hepatitis B is a more serious infection of the liver that can cause scarring of the organ, liver failure and even cancer.
- It can be transmitted to others by coming in contact with an infected person’s blood, open sores and other body fluids.
- Its symptoms include jaundice, fever, fatigue, light-colored poop, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting.
- It is potentially life-threatening and does not have a cure.
- It usually goes away after a few months if an adult contracts it.
While Hepatitis A is not a serious disease, its B counterpart can be fatal. This is why people should take the Hepa B Test (HBsAg), SD Bioline and know whether they have antibodies that can fight off the disease and not suffer the dangerous symptoms and complications.
And the good news is that people can now test themselves at home with the Hepa A and B test kits that can be purchased at Philippine Medical Supplies.
On a different note, with the spike in dengue fever rates at the moment, the availability of the Dengue Test Kit Combo, ICHECK (10’s) can make families check for the disease on their sick loved ones and have them treated right away so that the deadly disease won’t progress into the hemorrhagic stage.
And these tests can all be ordered at Philippine Medical Supplies. Check them out today and get the test kits that can help you prevent serious diseases from hurting you and your loved ones.